Contagious

.08

--Present--
Vic slammed his fist on the table remembering Hilary's words. She was insane, he could never love again. Not the way he loved her.
He let his tears flow as he wrote the final stanza of his lyrics.
I'm gonna tear out the thread one by one from your skin
'till your bones feel embarrassed by all the attention.
Kiss me while I drive.
--22 Months--
"Knock Knock" Jaime peeked into the room.
Vic turned around from his discussion with Hilary to see his two best friends and his brother walking into the hospital bedroom. 
Each one hid their emotions impeccably, Vic knew they loved Hilary. 
They each gripped a large yellow daisy, Hilary's favorite flower.
"Hey turds." Hilary chocked out of breath, trying to keep her smile.
"Hey baby sis." Jaime spoke rushing to her side. He leaned down and kissed her cheek, "We got you flowers. We kind of wanted each one to represent something." Jaime looked over at Tony and Mike. They came to Jaime's side. Hilary's green eyes became alive again. Jaime continued to speak, "My daisy for you represents friendship. I remember when my girlfriend broke up with me and you stayed up the whole night with me, letting me cry and eat my weight in chocolate chip ice cream. I've never done that, and I've never had anyone do that for me." Jaime's voice became soft as he took a pause, recollecting his thoughts, "I love you Hil, you were always there for me." Jaime finished by giving her another kiss and laid the flower in her hand. 
Hilary smiled.
A lump began growing in Vic's throat as he listened to the words being spoken.
"My daisy for you represents selflessness," Tony spoke next, "I remember you dropping anything you were doing to drive me anywhere I needed to go." Tony couldn't look at Hilary, instead he looked at the twirling daisy in his tattooed hands, "Like that one time you got out of class to pick up my drunk ass from the bar." He smirked and looked up at Hilary, "I'll always remember how you never judged me, for all the stupid decisions I made, I love you Hilary." He walked over to her and kissed her forehead and laid his daisy in her hand.
She smiled again, tears beginning to rise in her eyes.
"My daisy for you," Mike sighed, "Represents Love, I'll always remember how much you loved my brother. I've never seen you guys fight, and seeing my brother so happy... Made me happy. And thank you for sharing your love with us too Hilary. Thank you for making us wear sweaters when it's cold outside, and opening water bottles when we got off stage. For yelling at me to stop sleeping around, for making better tacos than Jaime, and for kicking Tony's ass in Mario Kart. Thank you for sharing your life with us, we got so lucky to meet you. I don't think we'll ever meet someone as amazing as you. I love you Hilary."
Mike leaned down and kissed Hilary's forehead and laid his daisy in her hands.
Hilary let a single tear fall as she gripped the three yellow flowers in her delicate hands, "I love you boys so much." She began, "You've made me live a full life, I should thank you. I love you." Her voice broke.
Vic gripped her shoulder lovingly, supporting her.
"We just came in for that." Tony whispered, everyone noticed how uncomfortable he was.
Hilary took a deep breath, "Thank you for coming." She began looking at each one of them, "Mike please lower the amount of girls, and stop throwing things in your suitcase when you pack, they get all wrinkly and gross. Jaime, keys don't go in power outlets. Tony your Jedi boxers are behind the dryer."
The guys smiled at her and made their way out.
"Take care of them." She looked over at Vic, her voice was weak now, breaking after every word.
Her color kept draining as the fluids in her IV crept into her body, "They're going to get into so much trouble."
Vic nodded, swallowing the lump in his throat, making it fall into the pit of his stomach, "Don't worry."
Vic fought with the clock as the minutes passed by, each minute a war.
He clenched his jaw every time Hilary would strain her beautiful face. Every call to a nurse made his blood run cold, every doctor that walked in held Vic's last hope.
8:30 pm
"Vic." Hilary spoke after another round of fluids was added to her IV, "You know I love it when you sing to me."
Vic nodded, "I would sing forever, for you."
"Vic, sing me to sleep."
Vic's throat closed up, his nerves became electric. His head couldn't take it anymore, his heart rate sped up. His eyes grew tears.
"Please." She reached for his hand as she closed her eyes, "You make falling asleep so much easier."
Vic swallowed hard, pushing back his emotions to the pit of his stomach, "I could stay awake, just to hear you breathing." He tried to steady his voice. A small smile crept on Hilary's face, "Watch you smile while you are sleeping, while you're far away dreaming." Vic's voice strained, "I could spend my life in this sweet surrender. I could stay lost in this moment forever. Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure." Vic closed his eyes, letting his tears fall. This had always been Hilary's bed time song, "I don't wanna close me eyes, I don't wanna fall asleep cuz I'd miss you baby and I don't wanna miss a thing. Cuz even when I dream of you, the sweetest dream will never do, cuz I'd miss you baby. And I don't wanna miss a thing."
Vic was ready to continue singing, but instead his ears began to ring. A steady buzzing sound... A flatline. 
Vic's eyes shot open toward the machine monitoring Hilary's heart. A Flatline.
"No!" He screamed pressing the nurses button. He rushed off of his seat and opened the door, "Doctor! I need a doctor!" 
Two nearby doctors rushed into the room, white coats danced around Hilary as they tried to revive her.
Still, a flatline.
Vic tried to rush to her side but was blocked by a nurse. He held Vic back as the doctors worked. 
Vic couldn't take it anymore, everything he had bottled up in the pit of his stomach came out. He began screaming Hilary's name, letting all his tears flood his face. Tony Mike and Jaime ran into the room and held onto Vic as the doctors tried one last time. 
Vic fought their grip, letting his emotions waterfall over him. His whimpers grew louder as the doctors stepped back and wrote on Hilary's chart. A nurse unhooked the machine from Hilary and exited the room with the other nurses.
"No!" Vic screamed again. Jaime finally let him go.
Vic rushed to Hilary's side, his eyes bloodshot, wide in agony as he gripped her arms tightly, "Wake up! Hilary! Wake Up!" He shook her, "Hilary please, don't leave me! Baby please!" He leaned down pressing his forehead on hers. His body shook as mute sobs came from his mouth, "Baby please..." He whispered.
"Vic," Mike got close to him, "Vic, she's not going to wake up."
"No!" He screamed again pressing his body to hers, "She's just sleeping. Hilary, baby, wake up! Show Mike you're sleeping!"
Mike began to she'd tears, he would have given anything to save his brother from all the pain he felt, "Vic,"
Vic began sobbing into her chest as a team of doctors walked into the room, "You're not taking her anywhere!" He yelled. His tears continued pouring, "She's just sleeping..." He whispered, "You're just sleeping baby." He kissed her cold lips, "Cuz even when I dream of you, the sweetest dream will never do. I'd still miss you baby, and I don't wanna miss a thing." He sang to her softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters left! Comments get you the final chapters! :D