Secret Love Affair

More Than Three Drinks

They found me in the bathroom, tears becoming more of a waterfall every second. I was only in boxer shorts and a tank top and I had the AC on a low fifty-five degrees. Mina hugged me tight as Lena cleaned up the disaster in my room. I admit that I might have gone overboard with ripping my London poster. Arabella was in the kitchen, making me tea and fuming in anger silently by herself by the news Lena and I had brought home. She was so mad that she didn't even pout. Her lips were pursed to a thin line.

Mina tried singling a Korean lullaby to calm me down which didn't really work because I didn't have a clue on what she was saying.

"Calm down." She said. I hiccupped. I had been crying on and off for a couple hours now.

"So we know of your encounter with the boys Lara. But what about you Lena?" Arabella asked. Arabella sounded so mature and adult like. Like a mother and her three girls. She was even wearing an apron.

"They all hugged me." Lena said as I snuggled up on the couch. I was really quiet.

"Is that all?" Mina asked.

"We all caught up on our lives and I said...that they should come over some time..." Lena does her guilty look, which if you must know, looks like she feels bloated.

I look up, "What?"

"I'm sorry! It was more for Danny then the others but instead of just Danny agreeing, it was all of them!"

"Oi Lena..." Mina shakes her head.

"I didn't mean to!" Lena whines.

"No its fine." Arabella interrupts. I was pulling at my hair when she said this.

"Its fine?" I ask her and pull my hair harder.

"Yes Lara. Let them come."

"You sound like a general getting reading for battle in the sixteenth century." Mina laughs.

"Mina this IS a battle!" Arabella stands up and walks back and forth. I can hear that hero music and trumpets play in my mind.

"We should talk to them. Clear things up." Arabella looks at me.

"Things are already clear." I mumble.

"No they aren't! Lara I- just let them come over tonight." Arabella continues to walk.

"We can't run away from them. You can't run away Lara."

Yes I can

"We're not scared of them. We're-"

"Okay we get it General!" I force a small smile and get up. I head to my room.

"Where are you going?" Arabella calls after me.

"I need time alone."

"Hey mom." I say on my phone.

"Hi darling. How are you?" She sounds distant. Who could blame her. Her fashion show goes on in two hours.

"What is my transportation situation like?" I ask.

"I have a limo for you at 7:30. Be ready."

"Okay." I throw all my nice dresses eligible for a fashion show in my bed.

"Okay listen honey I gotta go. A heard of Brazillian models just flooded in bye!"

"Bye." But the phone line was already disconnected.

Yes I was going out alone. I'm going to my mom's spring show and then I'm going to hit the nightclub...alone. I'm not sure what the other girls' plans are. I just really need to take the stress off and a night club is perfect for that situation. As I slipped on my heels, flashbacks ran through my mind like an old film.

I remember Dougie talking to me by his car during the first night of my stay in London. He wouldn't stop bothering me and I tried staying away. It was cold that night but I felt a bit hot instead. I also remember his touch-

"Lara there's a limo waiting for you!" Arabella screams.

"I'm coming!" I walk out and silently scold myself for having those London thoughts.

"He looks like Justin Timberlake!" Mina giggles.

I roll my eyes. Mina has a thing for Male models, preppy boys, limo drivers, bell-hop boys, and Korean boy band singers. Anything with "BOY" really...Not to mention she's in Lust with that lead singer from Rooney.

"What time will you be home?" Arabella calls after me.

"Not sure mother!"

Dougie was quiet on the ride to Arabella and Lara's apartment. He's never been to a home of Arabella's before. And he kept it that way for years. Going to her house is like going to hell.

Heh...hell is probably better than her home.

"I'm gonna call them.' Danny said grabbing his phone.

"What! No!" Dougie swats the phone out of Danny's hand.

"Ow! Why not?" Danny asks.

"He's nervous." Tom laughs.

"I am not!" Dougie tries to look brave.

"Dude you're going to be confronting Lara AND Arabella all in one night. I'm surprised you haven't thrown up yet." Harry says. Dougie remains silent. They didn't know that actually he has thrown up already.

"I'm phoning their house number." Danny says with a voice thats final. He dials the number and puts it on speaker.
"Hello?" It was Lena.

"Uh...Lena?" Danny blushes and everyone snickers, except for Dougie. He thought he just saw Lara walking into a club they passed by. But of course, he sees images of her everywhere so...

"Danny?" Lena asks.

"Uh hi." He punches Tom in the arm who is making kissing faces.

"Whats up?" She asks.

"Is Arabella around?" Danny asks.

"Uh yeah let get her..." Her voice fades a bit and then, "HEY ARABELLA!"

"WHAT LENA?"

"YOU GOT A PHONE CALL!"

"IT BETTER NOT BE DAVID THE MANWHORE CALLING TO GET ME TO GET LARA TO DATE HIM AGAIN! I SWEAR I'LL KICK HIM IN THE BALLS FOR THE SECOND TIME!"

"NO ITS NOT!"

"...WELL WHO IS IT?"

"ITS DANNY!"

"DANNY JONES?!"

"YEAH!!!"

Tom, Harry, Danny and Dougie sniggered uncontrollably. There was a lot of fiddling with the phone and then…
"Hello?"

"Hey Arabella its me Danny."

"Hey Danny whats up?" She smacks gum.

"Uh...well we just wanted to tell you that we're coming over."

"...now?"

"Yeah is that okay?" Harry asks.

"Yeah its fine...But Dougie I know you're listening and just so you know- Lara isn't home right now so you won't be able to see her. Bye!" And Arabella quickly hangs up.

"Well f.uck whats the point of going now?!" Dougie continues to swear.

"She's under 21." the body guard said in front of the entrance to the night club.

"Yeah but she's over 18." My mom's assistant said next to me. He reminds me of the blonde from queer eye for the straight guy.

"Look, I decide who goes in."

"And you won't be deciding that soon once Donna Karan finds out you wouldn't let her only daughter in." The assistant threatens. Funny how he never told me his name. The guard considers this as the assistant and I both flip our hair. But how could he since his hair is short?

"Fine go on in."

I smile, thank mommy's assistant and head on into the nightclub.

Loud techno music greets me and I absorb the whole scene into my soul so I could feel the beat in my pulse.
I strut my way to the VIP area but I'm enveloped into a fast dance with body touching body everywhere. I feel like a gazillion hands on me as I blindly dance around, never stopping. I find it amazing that I'm so depressed yet I'm smiling and dancing with complete strangers. Its now midnight and I'm not tired from all that dancing. I felt hot and oh my god I swear I saw someone having sex on the dance floor! I giggle to myself while hanging at the bar with the blue fluorescent light. I was having fun yet I still thought about my feelings for Dougie. And the only way to destroy those feelings for a couple hours would be to drink!

Dear god help me...

"Here." A cute guy slides a cocktail my way.

I look at him, then the drink.

Uh...i don't take candy from strangers?

heh...I'm twenty and still remember five year old kiddy rules.

"Its not drugged. You look like you need one." He smiles at me. Its a nice smile.

"Oh really?" I take a sip.

"Yeah. you smile but your eyes don't."

I look at him and laugh, "smart."

"I'm Jeff." He sticks out a firm hand.

"Lara." I shake his hand briefly. This guy is cute...but no thanks.

"Care to tell me the story behind the sad eyes?"

"I'm not allowed to talk to strangers." I grin and order another cocktail.

"But we're not strangers. You're Lara and I'm Jeff." He flashes another smile. I laugh and sip my alcoholic beverage.

I'm guessing its about 30 minutes later... I look at a clock nearbye-eh-who cares about the time. I can't even see it anyway. I sip my fifth...or sixth drink. I had a shot somewhere in between the count too…so make that six and a half.

"...and he bloody kisses another f.ucking girl..." I slur my words. Kisses sounds like Kizzes to me...kizzes..hehe..
As you can tell, I'm downright drunk. Its sad I know and my tummy hurts!

"Well he sure did lose something nice." Jeff says. We're sitting in this round booth surrounded by a sheer curtain. Very cosmopolitan! Well actually, he was sitting...and I straddled him which would usually feel weird since I'm in this mini skirt but I'm drunk you see…

"Yes he did." I pout and sway around since my head pounded, "He lost my nice piece of ass I must say!" And laugh then snort. I'm so pathetic right? And I feel like a slut...I probably look like one too.

"A very nice one." Jeff says calmly. I close my eyes and listen to the music. I want to get a tattoo!

Maybe on my arm?

As I'm lost in thoughts, I feel a cool hand on the skin of my thigh. This hand is slowly going up until he fully reaches underneath my skirt...I look down and he's caressing me. This is when, even though drunk, I lose my interest. I slide off Jeff's lap and balance on the leather seat.

"Whats wrong?"

"Pig." I mutter and walk away. I'm drunk. Not stupid. Well yeah stupid for drinking but not stupid to be felt on! I drunk-walk away quickly so I'll get lost in the crowd. That way, pervert Jeff will lose me. Instead of finding the exit, I find another booth. Its empty thank goodness.

I slumped down into the leather seat and looked blindly at the party scene. Its all a blur. After about five minutes or so of being lonely and a loser, I forget all about finding the exit and decide to dance my way back to the bar. But I didn't even make it out of the booth. I tripped.

"I like to move it move it! I like to-whoa!" and next thing I know, its lights out.

"We can't make this meeting long! Sheryl just wants you to sign these papers!" Mina screams to her boss's client over the loud noise of the night club.

"What?" the tall Italian model asks loudly over the music. Mina, not even bothering to repeat herself, motions for the model to follow her.

"Once we get your signature for Vogue's makeup sections, you'll officially be part of the vogue family! Congrats!" Mina smiles UP at her client. (Her= her boss's). Mina lightly laughs. She's used the Vogue family welcoming line so many times already. It was getting boring but the good pay and cute limo drivers makes up for it. Once signatures were signed and the model was out to party by herself, leaving (noted: short) Mina alone by the bar, she grabs a drink, smiles at a cute guy and heads to the booths.

She didn’t want to stay long. The guys are at the apartment and she doesn’t want to miss out on plate throwing between Dougie and Arabella. Mina enters an empty booth.

Well....that was what she thought at first.

"...Lara?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading!