Secret Love Affair

My Happily Ever After

Lets fast forward three days later shall we? After my dramatic scene that is still stuck in my head (I can still feel the rain), Arabella, Lena, Mina and I forced the guys to stay at our place instead of a hotel. Well...it was more of I sweetly asked Dougie to stay with Arabella and I. Tom and Harry could choose either Mina's, Lena's or ours- It doesn't matter. And Arabella sort of forced Danny to stay at Lena's. That conversation was hilarious:

"Danny be a man and stay at Lena's." Arabella smiles once Lena left to pick up Chinese food.

Danny blushes, "But...but I was going to stay up in the hotel and write lyrics."

"You can write lyrics in Lena's apartment." Mina replied.

"Besides, you already have good lyrics that represent Lena-Shut up I so know you were going to write about her- those lyrics are 'met this girl'" I say.

"I-I can't" Danny smiles.

"Dude why not? All the time- you talk about her and how you want to have-"

"Okay Dougie that’s enough," Danny blushes more. I laugh and snuggle in between Dougie and Mina on the couch.

"Danny what do you want to do to Lena?" Tom smirks. Oh yeah like he doesn't know!

"Nothing! Guys stop it."

"A little bang here and there..." Dougie mutters. Harry throws one of Lena's stuffed animals at Dougie's head.

"Oh come on Danny- she likes you too." Mina adds.

"I won't stay at her place because I know you six would be prying in and spying and ruining the moment!"

"aw Danny wants a 'moment' with her!" I wink and laugh with Dougie.

So yes that was the story of Danny came to be at Lena's apartment.

I'm sitting in Lena's apartment, on the couch, waiting for my turn with the Xbox 360 controllers.

"Tom you done?" I ask.

"No."

"Tom your mouth is hanging open."

"I'm concentrating."

"With your mouth open?"

"Yes Lara with my mouth open. Why don't you go snog Dougie or something?" Tom still has his eyes glued to the flat screen TV. That was the main reason why McFLY decided to have our get-together at Lena's. Besides the fact that Danny likes Lena.

"Sorry Tom I already did that twenty minutes ago in Lena's bathroom. Now I want to play Halo!”

"Stop being children you two." Arabella states, bringing in beer and chips with Lena.

"Yeah stop it you two." Dougie mimics Arabella, takes a seat next to me and quickly kisses me on the lips.

"ewww! Do that somewhere else!" Mina teases.

"We would Mina but Lena, I'm sorry but your bathroom is too small." Dougie laughs, eyes full of mischief. I laugh as Lena and Arabella both throw pillows at him. Poor baby is getting soft objects thrown at his head all the time!

I love this.

Everything is perfect! I'm with Dougie- out in the open. Arabella and Dougie are on good terms, even though they'll sometimes bicker. McFLY is still here in New York for another two weeks. And Lena is sitting next to Danny. Aw how cute they're both blushing! I swear both of them are so shy around each other- it reminds me of a ten year old giving his crush a flower.

We're all together and I thought I would never see it this way today.

I remember when I was twelve, I would trace 'I love you' on my pillow, wondering what it would feel like to be loved. Now I'm tracing those words on Dougie's arm as we watch Harry kill Tom in a racing game. Dougie 'reads' the invisible words and he smiles softly.

"I love you more." He whispers softly in my ear. I giggle because his breath tickled my ear. I smile at him then look at Arabella who looked at me as Dougie and I flirted quietly. I can tell it's kind of hard for her to keep her mouth shut. She knows we all made mistakes in the past nine months or so. I softly smile at her, telling her "Thank you" with my eyes. Thank you for being the best friend ever. For understanding...and for introducing me to Dougie on that plane. But I didn't tell her that part.

"I bet ten dollars that Harry's going to win!" Mina announces.

"Nah it's going to be Tom." Tom laughs.

"Tom you can't nominate yourself!" Arabella laughs.

"That is a load of bollocks!"

"No its not!" Arabella snickers.

During this time, while everybody is announcing their bets, I steal Dougie away to the kitchen.

"You're going to be leaving in two weeks!" I whine and sit on the kitchen counter. I was wearing shorts (yes I know- in winter?) and the blue tile of the counter felt cold on my skin. It also felt sticky. I- being a klutz- spilled three full cans of soda like in a domino line! Now who in their right mind would line them up, all open, like that?
Oh yeah- Arabella. That prada-tized OCDed chick! Anyways, I hope that sticky peeling noise won't come into effect as I rearrange myself on the sticky counter. You know- that gross, slow peel noise? Ew!

"I know I'm leaving in two weeks. Richard won't let us forget it. The dudes so excited for us to start getting up at five AM again."

I laugh, "What are we going to do?'

"Well first of all, I'm going to kiss you." Then kisses me.
I smile, "Then what?"

"Then I'll kiss you again," He smiles and kisses me again.

"Dougie seriously!" I laugh, and then kiss him more. I know- we should be talking. Not kissing.

"Okay lets be serious." Dougie laughs. A perfect example of not being serious at all.

"You have touring and my dad is in London. So that’s a perfect excuse to stay in the UK during summers."

"I would love that. How about birthdays too? With the eight of us, plus your dad's birthday and Jazzie's too. That way, we'll see each other multiple times." Dougie rips the tag off that was sticking out of my shirts.

"Thanks." What? It was itchy. I hate shirt tags.

"I know one way for your shirt to not itch you." Dougie kisses my neck.

"Please explain then." I smile.

"We we could- you know-" Douge lifts his right eyebrow twice and smirks.

"Not in Lena's kitchen!" I laugh and pinch his arm.

"You're right. The kitchen is for Danny and Lena."

"What? Dougie you're bad." I laugh and kiss him, "Mkay, back to the subject- Christmas and New Years?"

"Of course." Dougie replies.

"Thats alot of air miles." I frown.

"Being able to see you is worth it." Dougie kisses my forehead and we hold hands as we thing of our other options.

"I can't just leave school. Even though I really want to be near you." I squeeze Dougie's hand.

"What about after school…perhaps after you finish up with this semester…you come and transfer over to a London school?" Dougie says. His eyes say yes.

"Living in London permanently...I like that-with you?"

"Yes, you're not going to get a flat or house unless I'm living in it with you." He smiles.

"But the world will find out. We don't want that attention."

Wow I always think about the downs of it eh? I can't help but think about the girls would hate me and paparazzi camped outside our home.

Our home.

Our...

us...

together...

wow.

"We'll deal with the world when it's time. Right now, you're my world."

"Nice line" I laugh and hug him for comfort. I would usually get up off the counter and hug him tighter but you see- I'm still in that uh "sticky" situation. I'm too scared to move my butt for the fear of hearing that icky peel sticky noise!

"Where's Danny and Lena?" I ask, walking back out of the kitchen with Dougie. I did manage to NOT make the sticky noise if you were wondering. Everyone pauses what they were doing and looks around. Except Tom. He's still a game hogger. I bet if Giovanna were here, he'd be a good boy. Ha!

"Maybe they left?" Arabella offered.

"Well, if they left, then hopefully Dougie and I will run into them. We're going for a walk." I say as I head to the coat closet.

I open it.

Oops! Wrong door...

Then I quickly shut it, "Pardon me Lena...Danny." I try not to laugh. I mouth "they're snogging in the closet!" to everyone and they all do a silent cheer.

I wish people would cheer Dougie and I when we sneak off!

I watch Harry do his quirky happy dance. Uh...second thought...I take back what I wish. I don't want people to see Harry's happy dance.

"Aw man, Lara they took our snog spot!" Dougie yells. I burst out laughing.

"You two snog in a closet- all the time?" Arabella laughs.

"Yes my laughing hyena- when "we" were under wraps, the closet was the best place- especially at your aunt's house while playing hide and seek." I smirk.

"That was you in the closet?!" Mina and Arabella exclaim.

"Ah good times good times." Dougie sighs. Everybody laughs. Arabella and I have yet another silent conversation. She knows how much our friendship and Dougie both mean to me.

"Ready to go?" Dougie asks me.

"What? Yeah." I look at Arabella again briefly. And I know that all she wants is the best for me. And me for her. This. This scene. This moment with Tom, Danny, Harry, Dougie, Lena, Mina and Arabella- is what I want.

"Hey Lena?" I softly knock on the closet door.

"Yes Lara" She says. I laugh, "Can you hand me my sweater? The red one."

The door opens a little and I see Lena's arm slide out with my sweater in hand. I take it and she closes the door, "Thankyou babe!"

"No problem!"

I turn to face the others again, "Shall we?" I ask Dougie.

"Yup." He takes my hand. As we walk to the door I turn to face Arabella.

"We'll be on the roof."

Arabella winks and giggles. Our silent code to 'have fun.'

"Okay be good!" she laughs.

"Yes mother!" I call back. Arabella is a true friend.

The best in the world.

It's a nice day out today. Sunny and clean cold. Wonderful. And no sarcasm! Dougie and I are sharing another moment together. I want to have moments with him inside AND outside you see. We've been up here talking for two hours now.

Dougie is behind me with his arms wrapped around me, hugging me close. I hold him back tightly. Because its cold and I want to always be in his arms.

I laugh a bit...which was really random.

"What?" Dougie asks. I can sense him looking at my side of my face. since he was leaning down and hugging me with his cheek against mine.

"I just thought of something, last night I was playing a game of M.A.S.H with Mina and when I had to pick four guys to choose from to be my boyfriend, I first came up with you.

"Then who was next?"

"That's the problem." I laugh, "I couldn't come up with anybody else. Just you." I continue to look out at the city landscape.

"Really?" Dougie asks after a couple moments. He tightens his arms around me.

"Really Dougie. It has always been you. Just you. I just thought you should know that."

Dougie softly kisses my cheek, "I first realized you were going to be the one when were together at three in the morning. I tried to ignore it before to be honest with you but I couldn't deny it any longer. It was telling you that was the hard part."

I play with his wrist band and pick at the fading color rubber, "Dougie."

"hmmm?"

"I love you."

Dougie kisses me as I lean my head into his chest and look up at him, "I love you."

I smile. I thought about challenging him and saying that I love him more. Just when I was about to say that this, Dougie takes this necklace chain out of his pocket. I didn't see the pendant until he laid out his palm.

What I saw took my breath away.

"A promise necklace. Just so you know how much you mean to me."

I'm shocked. I wasn't expecting that- I mean, I know it's not a ring. If it was I'd faint but...wow. A promise necklace. Look it's so beautiful! Just wow...

"Lara?"

"huh?"

"You haven't said anything." Dougie says. I blink at it. Then I quickly turn around and kiss him.

"It's so beautiful. I love it." I whisper after the kiss. Dougie smiles. Especially his eyes. He smiles and I let him put it on my neck. His touch lingered on my collarbone for a moment longer. I hug him and he whispers in my ear.

"I promise I'll never leave you. Never. Not for anything. I'll always be there for you. The closet IS our spot...even though it's weird." He whispers. I silently laugh, "You're the girl in the happy love songs I'll attempt to write...hopefully the record company will approve of it," He continues. I laugh more silently and Dougie smiles, "And once McFLY conquers the world and I buy Zukie a small island, I'm going to marry you whether you like it or not."

I let our hug go and I look at him. We're too inches apart, "Don't worry, I will like that very much."

Dougie smiles and I put my arms around his neck. He kisses me. It's one of those firework kisses that has got me going weak at the knees and shivers down my spine.

This is usually where I would have the camera in the air, flying higher away from us as we still kiss. The ending credits will come on with a view of New York City. But- I have to remember that the happy ending music and that whole camera thing are only in the movies. A love movie. I'm not in a love movie. I'm in a book. A fairytale. No wait- A LOVE fairy tale.

"I love you Lara, I'm in love with you so much." Dougie says to me leaning his forehead against mine. I kiss him again.

"Mmmm...I aced my music history test and I fell in love with the most handsome guy ever. Life is sweet. I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! On to the Epilogue!