Status: Active

Till The End

"Do you know this house is falling apart?"

We got no money but we got heart, we're gonna rattle this ghost town.

Vienna stepped on the gas petal even harder trying to avoid hitting the dead bodies in the middle of the road. She talked to Michael, he was alive and he was well. She just didn't know for how long more he was going to be able to hide out in his garage. Vienna sighed and looked over at Jareth who had just dozed off, he held onto his polar bear tight and his eyes were shut closed. He looked so innocent, he didn't belong here in this fucked up world and Vienna knew that. Jareth deserved to live with his mom and dad, he shouldn't have to go through this. No one should. Vienna shook the thoughts from her head as she turned down the street that she's turned down many times before. It was quiet on this side of town compared to where she lived. There was hardly anything walking around the neighborhood but as she approached closer to Michael's house she understood why.

Vienna could clearly see the outlines of people moving inside the house. The things were inside the houses now. Her heart raced in her chest and she tried to turn the car off as quietly as she could. Vienna didn't get out right away, she looked over at Jareth and covered him with one of the blankets she grabbed from her sisters bed. Looking at Calli in the backseat she sighed and leaned over to pet the dogs head.

"I need you to stay here and watch him Calli, be quiet." The dog rarely barked so Vienna knew it wouldn't be a problem. Grabbing the hockey stick from the seat behind her, she took a deep breath and slowly unlocked the car. Getting out and looking around her she noticed no one was around. Sighing inwardly she closed the door and cringed when she had to slam it a little bit. Her head whipped toward the window but the things moving inside, stayed inside. Closing her eyes and letting out her breath she walked towards the beat up garage trying to keep her footsteps light. Vienna finally reached the black door and she reached for the handle, cursing to herself when she realized she'd have to give it a bit of a shove.

Vienna finally got herself inside and closed the door behind her while gripping the hockey stick in her right hand. She looked around taking in her surroundings. Straight ahead of her was a car and behind the car was a couple of shelves. Walking over to the shelves she was unsure if Michael was even alive anymore that was until a hand slapped over her mouth. Vienna was about to scream when a voice whispered in her ear not to. The hand left her mouth and she turned around letting a smile cross over her face, there stood Michael holding onto a hammer and a wrench. She practically jumped on him making him open his arms and hug her tightly.

"I am so happy you're alive! I honestly thought everyone was gone." Michael held her even tighter.

"No one else responded to your call?" Vienna shook her head and looked down. Realizing she still had Jareth and the pitbull in her car Vienna grabbed Michael's hand.

"I'll explain in the car but I have Jareth in there along with Calli so we need to go. Plus there are about four or five things in your house and I think they are looking for their next meal." Vienna headed toward the door, peeking her head out before stepping out fully.

'Wait, if you have Jareth where's Jen and Gabe?" Vienna looked back at him with sadness in her eyes. He just gave her an understanding look realizing what she meant. He understood with just the look on her face. Their friendship had always been this way, the other one would be able look at the other and they just knew what they were feeling. It was just the way they were.

Michael sighed and looked at his house one last time before getting into the car. He knew what he was leaving behind but he couldn't go back in there. His whole family was gone, even his dog. He had no idea where his dog was but he probably got out and took a run for it, which is what Michael was doing at the moment.

"Just get in the back seat and we'll drive and figure out where we're going." Vienna whispered. Michael nodded but his head snapped toward the back door where he saw two of the things walk out or more like drag themselves out. They looked over at the car, it took them a moment until they realized that there was two fresh flesh people standing there. They slowly started walking over to the car.

"Micheal, get in now!" Vienna yelled. It took Michael a moment to realize he was still standing outside of the car. Struggling with the handle slightly he yanked the door open and slammed it shut. Jareth woke up whining a little bit.

"Nina." Vienna didn't have time to respond to the 3-year-old. She pressed the gas petal hard and reversed out of the driveway before the things could touch the car. Vienna put the car in drive and drove away from the house. Michael looked through the rear view window and sighed. He looked at the house get smaller and smaller as they drove away. Once they turned the corner it was no longer in his sight.

"I'm sorry Michael." He looked back at her through the rear view mirror. He just nodded and looked out the window.

"So where are we going?"

"I honestly have no idea. But I doubt there is any survivors through out this town. We need to leave it. If we stay here we're going to be their next meal."

"Nina I'm hungry." Jareth looked up at Vienna with wide eyes. Vienna sighed and told Michael to get the gushy snack packs from the dance bag and hand it to Jareth.

"Let's go to Malibu beach. There are usually a bunch of houses not rented around this time of year, it's way too cold for people to rent out beach houses." Vienna nodded.

"It's our best bet. We just need to get the hell out of this ghost town." Michael agreed and looked down at his phone, he still had a little more than half a battery.

"Is it crazy to think just a month ago we graduated and were planning to go to the beach."

"It seem's like a whole other life time." Micheal nodded not knowing what else to say.

"Say goodbye to Montebello Michael, it's probably the last you'll see of this ghost town."

Michael took one last look outside of the window and leaned his head back closing his eyes. Ignoring the fact that the town that held his past was basically burning to the ground, he knew he could do nothing to stop it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated!
Summer is here for me which means updates, new stories and beach 24/7.
Leave some love guys, don't be shy.
Lyrics in the beginning and the title of the chapter belong to Anna Sun by Walk the Moon.