Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 10: Encouragement and Pressure

Encouragement and Pressure-Begin

Shun: “Nooooooooooo!”

Just as Shun closes his eyes in disbelief and fear, a recognizable voice is heard in his ears.

Takashia: “Misery! Use Dark Barrier at full power! Protect Zero!”

Torrential’s attack connects with Misery’s barrier as Zero struggles to his feet. Long laughed at the sight of his opponents struggling to their feet. Misery continues to hold off Torrential’s attack with surprising effort as Misery successfully wards off his attack.

Tom: “I’m surprised you were able to deflect my attack with minimal damage, but I promise you that you won’t survive the next assault.”

Avian: “Tom, let’s combine our strengths and finish this battle before we waste any more time.”

Tom: “Yes let’s not hold back any more than we already have.”

Shun: “Stand up, Zero! We have to win this so we catch up to everyone. We can’t have them worrying about us all day.”

Zero feels Shun’s words as a source of strength and is able to stagger to his feet and take stance. Misery does the same as both opponents ready to continue the battle.

Takashia: “Misery, we’ve gotta make it work somehow and pull a victory from this battle. Let’s go!!!!!”

Tom: “I’m growing tired of this struggle! Let’s use our “secret attack” Long!”

Long: “Ok! Avian!”

Tom: “Torrential!”

Tom & Long: “Storm Pressure! Rain down on our foes with the fury of the sky!”

Torrential and Avian unleash their separate powers to combine them together into one great power of wind and water. The attack resembles an ocean storm blowing with harsh rain and brutal winds. The wind itself knocks Shun on his back as the blinding rain makes it hard for either Takashia or Shun to see.

Tom: “Unleash our fury, Torrential!”

Long: “You too, Avian!”

The combination attack of both Torrential and Avian are launched at both Zero and Misery. The attack moves and weaves through the air and storm like a cobra waiting to strike as it launches itself towards both of its opponents. Misery and Zero try to their full strength to guard their lives as best as possible from the oncoming attack.

Shun: “Zero, guard yourself as best as you can. I believe in your power, you can do it! Use Sword Shield and put you’re all into it!”

Takashia: “Misery we’ve got to put our all into surviving this! Use Dark Depression to suppress the attack while using Dark Barrier to hold your defenses up! We can do this!”

Shun & Takashia: “We’ve got to survive together!”

Those words of encouragement went surging through Zero and Misery as they felt those words giving them the strength to stand on their own and defend themselves. The attack comes crashing down over their heads with a bang that cracks and breaks the ground around the battlefield. The pressure of the crash from the attack swept Shun and Takashia off their feet and blew them back about 10 feet while Tom and Long stand on their feet laughing in triumph and victory.

Tom: “Had enou-“

Misery: “Shut up!”

Long: “What did you say?!”

Zero: “You heard him now I’m saying it. Shut the hell up!”

Shun: “You’re both still up? That’s awesome! We’re still in this! Alright let’s finish this Zero!”

Takashia: “I agree! We should capitalize while luck is still on our side. We shouldn’t waste this chance for the win! Go Misery and use Dark Depression!”

Tom: “Gggggrrrrrr-I’ve had enough of this shit!!!! Torrential, use Shellshock Tank once more and get rid of him!”

Shun: “No you! Zero, use Blade of Fury on Torrential and put him out of this battle!”

Long: “Avian don’t let him get close to Torrential and end him with Wind Ripper!”

Takashia: “Counter after that with Dark Heart stopper!”

Torrential charges at Misery with the same power as before as Misery charges in also. He waits close and jumps over Torrential’s attack and counters with Dark Depression. The attack put on tons of gravity onto his opponent’s body and sends him crashing face first into the ground. After landing on the ground, Misery charges in with both hands glowing and emanating with dark energy and pounds at Torrential’s body just as he stood to his feet. The attack leaves him shocked and unable to move at all.

Tom: “No! This can’t even be possible! I calculated every aspect from the last battle and we should’ve been won this battle. This isn’t fair! We have to win this, Long!”

Avian: “You’ll pay for this!”

Long: “Finish them both! Double Wind Ripper!”

Shun: “Not if we don’t finish this battle first! Strike Zero and end this!”

Avian sends two giant shockwaves of wind that cuts the air itself as it comes close to Zero. He uses his enlarged blade to cut through with almost no effort.

Long: “How can that be even possible when you were just struggling to stand up on your feet?! Impossible! Avian use Hurricane Rip-!”

Long’s words were cut short as Avian fell to his knees and then unconscious from the blindingly fast strike from Zero’s attack. Zero sheathes his sword as Avian falls on the ground! Long and Tom’s faces both read embarrassment and defeat.

Tom: “Let’s get out of here while we still can!”

As Tom and Long turn to leave with their machinas, Takashia speaks.

Takashia: “Don’t let us catch you back around here again or we’ll bring our squad to your school and teach you all a lesson.”

Shun: “That was an intense battle. You need to rest Zero?”

Zero: “I could use the rest but you two need to get to school first. We’ve got to run!”

Shun, Takashia, Zero and Misery run to the school and catch up with the gates as they try to make it into school. Shun goes to open the gate.

Shun: “The gate is locked.

Encouragement and Pressure-End
♠ ♠ ♠
I need more subscribers for this story. Recommend me to your friends and help support me and get my story out there for all the anime fans.