Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 12: Business and Pleasure

*Buzz, Buzz*

The security robos have Shun and Takashia surrounded and cornered at the mall. Takashia notices an opening but is waiting for the right moment to implement his plan into fruition.

Security Robo A: “Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert! Underage students in the facility during school hours! Contacting security officers! Surrender now or face the consequences.”

Takashia grits his teeth in anger then pulls Shun by his arm to start running. Shun almost falls but quickly regains his balance. He catches up to Takashia as he follows his movements. Two actual officers join in on the pursuit.

Shun: *Heavy breathing* “Where are we going? It feels as if we’ve been running in circles. We’ve passed the food court at least two times.”

Takashia: “Exactly! Just wait and keep up the pace.”

Officer A: “Halt! Stop! Just surrender and give up and no one will get into serious trouble. We don’t want to use force!”

The second officer catches up to the other officer and whispers something to him.

Officer B: “Our cameras have spotted them running in a pattern, it seems they’ve been running in circles and have nowhere to run to. I know a spot where we can cut them off.”

Takashia looks back with suspicion as the officers cease chasing them and turn and run in a different direction. A smile grows across Takashia’s face.

Takashia: “Gotcha! I was hoping they would do that.”

Shun looks as Takashia with a lost and confused expression.

Shun: “What were you waiting for?”

Takashia: “I had us running in circles because I knew that the guards would catch notice of how we’ve been running. I was waiting for one of them to wise up to the pattern and try to cut us off somewhere along our route. But since they will be expecting us at another location, they’ve given us the opportunity to cut away from our normal route and make a new path-or in our case, a flight of stairs.”

Shun: “Not a bad idea! I just hope you fill me in on things like this more often. Now…where is the staircase you were talking about?”

Takashia: “It’s coming ahead on our next right turn.”

Shun: “Ok!”

Shun and Takashia run for a short while and make a right turn. Shun looks behind them to see if they have any pursuers. Shun points to the exit that would be the staircase. Shun and Takashia burst through the door to the staircase to reveal a tall flight of stairs. They rushed up the stairs as they heard a loud bang two flights of stairs behind them.

*Bang Bang*

Security Guard: “There they are!”

The security guard reaches for his communicator.

Security Guard: “We’ve got a sector breach! We’ve located the fugitives. Proceeding to detain and restrain.”

Takashia: “Dammit! They’re gaining on us. How are we gonna get out of this one?”

Shun: “I have an idea! Follow me to the roof!”

Shun takes the lead and runs in front of Takashia and reaches his watch up to his face and begins to speak.

Shun: “You ready Zero?”

A faint voice comes back from the receiver in a response.

Zero: “Zero waiting on standby. I’ve woken Misery up and he’s in on the plan. We’re ready to go just give me the signal.”

Shun: “Ok! Let’s go Takashia!”

Takashia: “What’s your plan anyway?”

A huge smile grows across his face.

Shun: “We’re going to jump off of the roof. Hahahahahahaha

Shun’s laughter continues as Takashia ponders in his own thoughts.

Takashia: (Just what is Shun thinking of? I bet it’s something crazy. I hope it works or we’re both screwed.)

Shun: “We’re almost there. Let’s pick up the pace!”

Shun and Takashia both run up toward two more flights of stairs leading up to a door where they run through to see the brightness of the sky up above. Shun and Takashia run as far as they can onto the edge of the roof. The security guard is now on the roof with two security robos along both sides of him.

Security guard: “This is as far as you two go. Now just surrender and let yourselves come quietly and there won’t be any more problems than you’ve already caused for us.”

Shun: “I’m sorry, but we can’t do that. If we let you guys catch us, you’re just gonna turn us in to the police. We can’t go out like this! I’m ready, Zero!”

Shun grabs Takashia by his shirt and leads him to jump off of the roof. Under their feet a few floors below they saw a figure jump into the air under them.

Shun: “Nice catch Zero! I didn’t think that you’d recover so fast. Feels like when you caught me and Aione. The wind feels nice up here. But too bad we gotta land.”

Zero floats down through the air like a feather as Shun and Takashia finally touch ground in front of the mall. Security bursts through the entrance as Misery joins up with them.

Takashia: “Great to have you back, Misery. Now we have to create a distraction so we can get rid of these guards. Ok, Misery! Aim Dark Ball at the ground!”

Misery shoots a ball of dark energy at the ground that explodes and creates a smokescreen that clouds up in front of the guards.

Takashia: “Looks like we should get going.”

Shun nods his head in agreement as they both take off into the distance. The smoke clears and there is no one in sight of the guards.

Security guard: *GRRRRRRRR* How did they get away?”

*Later on that day*

Shun, Aione, Takashia, Daitaro, Daijiro, Iteza, and Kaida are at the usual spot listening to Shun’s and Takashia’s story.

Iteza: “So you mean to say that you didn’t come to school because the front door was locked?”

Shun & Takashia: “Uh huh.”

Aione smacks them both on the back of their heads.

Shun: “OWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Takashia: “What was THAT for?”

Aione: “You could’ve went around the back of the school and came to the next class on time. I would’ve let you in through the gym entrance.”

Shun and Takashia both look at each other in shock as they both break out in tears.

Shun: “Why didn’t you tell us beforehand? WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!”

Takashia: “That could’ve been some good info earlier.”

Everyone laughs and laughs as the sunset lets a warm, orange light into the window as the day comes to an end.

Business and Pleasure-End
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry to all my readers of this story and to all the subscribers as well. I've been swamped with classes and I promise to update more often