Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 16: Digging and Discoveries

Shun and Zero, Takashia and Misery, Kaida and Gabriel, Aione and Mirage, Iteza and Tri-Blaze stood in shock as they heard the news from Kohana. Shun had dropped to his knees in disbelief as the words rung in his ears.

“Project Prototype was all jump started from the idea of one man named Professor Hideaki Takahashi”

Shun: “I just can’t believe that he was a part of something so…”

Kohana: “Dangerous? Yeah. And also listen to this. I have found archived files from the old laboratory-“

A look of shock swept across Shun’s face.

Shun: “Old laboratory?”

Kohana: “Yeah a few years ago back you moved here, your father apparently worked in a research facility that was destroyed in a mysterious fire.”

Shun: “Oh yeah! I didn’t know that he worked at that facility. I know he worked in this town though but not that facility.”

Kohana: “Apparently the old laboratory is now currently the factory district.”

Zero, Takashia, and everyone else’s faces grew surprised as they heard the news of what they heard. All except Shun who looked more disappointed than anything.

Shun: “You mean to tell me I was there and didn’t know anything nor find anything regarding this information?!” (Shun puts his head down in shame) “This sucks.”

Kohana: “According to the information I found here, there should be still some ruins of what used to be there in that district. You guys should go there again and try to see what you can find there.”

Shun: *grrrrrrrr* “I hate going to the old factory district. Things are always moving and I can’t walk safely around there. I guess it can’t be helped. Let’s go guys.”

Kohana: “One more thing. You might want to call Daitaro and ask for Terra’s assistance. Since the district is built on top of old ruins of an old research lab, his excavation skills could prove very useful.”

Takashia: “Will do. Is there anything else that we need to know?”

Kohana: “No that’s it. Be careful guys. Send whatever you find for me to analyze.”

Iteza: “No problem. We’ll let you know whatever we find. Over and out. Well guys it looks like we have to go back to the Factory District and see what we can find there. Kaida, send Daitaro a message and let him know what’s going on.”

Kaida pulls out her phone and types a message into it, then closes it.

Kaida: “It’s sent. I think we should get going now and get there so we can get this over with.”

Shun: “The sooner we get the information we need, the sooner we can get the hell outta there. I hate that place.”

Gabriel: (Something tells me that Shun is more afraid of the Factory District for more reasons than he says. Something’s odd about it. I can feel it.)

*At Daitaro and Daijiro’s house*

*Ring, ring* *ring, ring*

Daijiro: “Hmmm? What’s this?”

Daijiro opens his phone to find a message from Kaida.

*Come to the Factory District a.s.a.p. with Terra, your brother, and Raijin. Meet us in about 30 mins*

Daijiro: “Diataro-“

Daitaro: “I know…let’s go.”

Daijiro: “Excuse us father.”

Mr. Saito: “Where do you think you’re going? We have an important business to attend to!”

Daijiro: “Makes no sense-“

Daitaro: “-For us to be here…”

Daijiro: “…When you make all of the decisions.”

Mr. Saito: “I have you attend these meetings so you’ll be prepared for the real world after you finish school so that you can take over my company when the time comes. These meetings are to show you how the business world really is. When this is all passed down to you, Saito Incorporated will be the greatest bio-engineering company in the world.”

Daitaro: “You’re wrong.”

Mr. Saito: “What?!”

Daijiro: “When this company is ours…”

Daitaro: “…Things are going to change.”

Mr. Saito: “…..”

Daijiro and Daitaro’s father sits back in his chair with a disgruntled look on his face as the twins walked out.

*30 mins later*

Shun and the group had arrived at the Factory District. Shun is looking around nervously at all the machines working around him. Everyone else is calm and looking around for any sign of the twins as they wait patiently.

Daijiro: “About time.”

Daitaro: “You guys are slow.”

Both of the twins share a small chuckle amongst themselves as they appear from behind a metal pole.

Shun: “Don’t do that around here. The acoustics make your laugh sound creepy. Can we go now?!”

Takashia: “Be quiet Shun. You know we have to search this place in order to find out any lost information that might be linked to the old lab and your father’s experiments.”

Iteza pulls out his cell phone and calls Kohana.

Iteza: “Ok Kohana, how close are we to the digging site?”

Kohana: “From what I can tell from your signal location, you’re all standing on where the roof used to be. According to the old design and schematics of the old lab, the Research Department where Hideaki Takahashi worked at is about on the 12th floor of the building. The building was in fact about 16 floors so you’ll have to do a lot of digging in order to find anything worth figuring out.”

Aione: “Sound like a plan. Daijiro, would you mind doing the honors? I’ll fill you two in on the details while Terra digs. I don’t mean to make feel you like a tool or anything Terra-“

Terra: “It’s fine! I love digging! Plus if it helps uncover anything important then I don’t mind as long as I get to use these drills here.”

Terra’s drills appear from his forearms as he puts his arms together and the completed drill starts to spin rapidly as he jumps into the air and starts digging down into the ground.
Daijiro: “We can watch his progress.”

A light shines from his watch onto a metal beam that shows Terra’s progress as he digs into the ruins of what seems to be of an old building.

Daitaro: “40 meters, deep.”

Terra: “Seems like I’m inside where the Research floor used to be. All I seem to be digging through is old papers with nothing much written on them and broken computers.”

Kohana: “I’m still watching this stream and from what it seems to the damage to the equipment, it wasn’t from the demolition of the lab. They look as if there was a battle or attack there before hand. Hmmmmm. What the hell was going on in there?”

Terra: “I’m still gonna keep digging and see what I find…”

*THUNK

Terra: “Urk!”

Daitaro: “Sounds like a hit.”

Takashia: “Can you bring it up?”

Daijiro: “Not Terra. He has to dig up.”

Daitaro: “I’ve got this. Raijin!”

Raijin: “Seems to be my time in the spotlight now! Heh heh!”

Raijin pulls out his staff and send a current or electricity down into the tunnel that follows the trail that Terra left behind him that leads to a blocky object in the ground.

Raijin: “Pulling it back in now.”

Terra: “Sounds like my cue to return to the surface for now.”

The mysterious object surfaces at the same time as Terra does and the object appears beaten up and covered in dirt and deposit.

Kohana: “Looks like a safety box with a security code. Seems like it would take some time to crack the code. Bring it to me for analyzing.”

Aione: “It looks like there is something written on the box.”

Aione brushes away some of the dirt to reveal a plate on the box.

Kaida: “Property of Saito Inc. and R.O.B.O. Corp.”

Shun: “That’s the company my father works for. How is he involved here too?! What the hell?!”

Shun shouts in anger as he punches a steel beam without any disregard.

Digging and Discoveries-End
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it seems like I'm updating once a month. I'm trying my best to get as much of these chapters done asap. Work has got me swamped lately so everything should be back on track next month. But looks out for 17 coming really soon