Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 2: New Friends

The second shadow reaches out his hand as if asking for something that was stolen from him.

Mysterious guy B:”Why don’t you just give up and give us your emblem, and just scrap your pathetic Robo?!

Shun looks up at the two shadows with disgust. A look of anger and rage comes across his face and then an outburst comes from his mouth.

Shun: “You’re not taking a damn thing from us except an ass-kicking!

The two figures look at each other questionably.

Mysterious guy A: “What was that?! Those are big words from a runt without a Robo!”

Aione: “What are we going to do now?”

Shun: “I’m just stalling time…when I say run, run as fast as you can.”

Mysterious guy B: “You’re not planning on leaving us, are you? Stay a while and entertain us a bit!”

Shun: “RUN!!!”

Aione and Shun take off as fast as they can. The shadows they left in their dust disappear in the skies without hesitation.

As Aione and Shun are running, they try and come up with a plan that will help them escape.

Aione: “Well where are we going?”

Shun: “I don’t know yet! I’m trying to think of a safe place! We can’t go to school with them trailing us! It’s too dangerous!”

As Shun looks back to see if they are being followed, the two figures are bouncing from rooftop to rooftop as they are close on their trail following them.

Mysterious guy B: “We can still follow you both! Avian! Blow them away with Aero!”

A strange silver Robo comes from nowhere and blasts a powerful wind that is catching up to Aione and Shun.

Shun: “Damn they’re fast! We’ve got to get away somehow”

Aione: “They’re gaining! We have to pick up more speed-“

The heavy wind suddenly sweeps up Shun and Aione high into the sky above like a feather in an updraft.

Aione: “Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!”

Shun: “We’re too high up in the air! We’re going to die if we don’t think of something quick! Grab my hand and hold on!”

Aione: “I’m trying to but we’re the pressures too much to grab you!”

Aione and Shun are falling from the sky at an incredible speed. Meanwhile, someone is actually witnessing them fall to their demise.

Mysterious Figure: “Huh?! What’s that falling from the sky? I’ve got to check it out!”

The mysterious figure is gone in a flash as it rushes to the scene of where it saw Aione and Shun falling.

Shun and Aione are going down faster and faster as they start to close in on the ground below them. At the same time, Shun says his last words.

Shun: “I don’t want to die here! But if we do die falling, I’m glad I died doing something good.”

Aione: “I’m glad I met you too! You were my first real friend in this new town.”

The mysterious cloaked figure is running as fast as it can to catch to the two falling teenagers.

Mysterious Figure: “I’m close to it! It looks like two kids falling from the sky! Zoom in 10x and let’s see…it is! I’ve got to get there quicker!”

Shun: (This might be the last day that anyone ever sees me again! What would everyone do or think?)

Shun sees something rushing towards him and Aione with amazing speed.

Shun: “Huh? What’s that coming towards us so fast?”

Aione: “I hope it’s not another attack from them again! We can’t dodge up here!”

Shun: “It’s coming closer! Brace yourself!”

Shun closes his eyes as the figure comes closer towards him and Aione.

Swish, Swish

The figure dashes at Aione and Shun with incredible speed to save them. As the mysterious figure places them on the ground, Shun slowly opens his eyes to find himself and Aione on the rooftop.

Aione: “We’re back on the ground! How did we get down here so quickly?!”

Shun: “Thank God we’re back on solid ground! If we didn’t’ float down by ourselves, then how?”

Mysterious Figure: “I did.”

Shun: “Who are you?”

Mysterious Figure: “My name’s Zero.”

Shun: “I’m Shun and this is Aione! Wow!

Shun looks at Zero with astonishment and curiosity.

“You’re the new ZX-475 model that the lab on the edge of town is researching and developing. But if that model hasn’t been released yet, how are you here?”

Aione: “Why were you out here in the first place?”

Zero: “I’m just a prototype model and long ago, I escaped that damn lab! And I’m not going to go back!!!”

Aione: “So you’re the first model of its type…you should be proud of yourself.”

Zero: “Well when you put it that way it is a good thing.”

Aione: “Why did you escape in the first place? You can trust us. We won’t say anything.”

Zero: “Yea well it all started when I first-!”

Mysterious Guy A: “Well look at what we found! Another Robo to pound on as well!”

Shun: “Why do you bastards want her emblem so badly?! It’s just an emblem you can get from anywhere in a regular battle!!”

Mysterious Guy B: “Her emblem has a rare ability and it’s one of those hard to find emblems out there!”

Shun clenches his teeth and fists in anger as Zero reaches into his pocket.

Zero: “Its people like you that made me leave the facility! All you care about is your own power! Shun take this!”

Zero tosses a small red watch behind his back to Shun. Shun almost drops the watch as he is caught off-guard by Zero’s action.

Shun: “Huh?! What’s this?”

Aione: “It looks like his operators’ watch! Zero you don’t have an operator, do you?”

Zero: “Nope cause of bastards like them! It’s my operators’ watch! I need commands to fight in Robo battles, remember!?”

Zero unsheathes his weapon with so much speed that it blows Shun and Aione back a few inches while the two assailants and their Robos stand there as if Zero wasn't a challenge.

Shun: “What the hell is that?!”

Aione: “It looks like a sword!”

Shun: “Thanks Aione! I can see that! It’s just so freaking huge for someone as small as he is!”

Aione! Get Mirage and find somewhere safe!”

Aione: “Okay!”

Aione takes Mirage and hides behind inside the staircase door on the rooftop.

Mysterious guy A: “You looking for a fight?! You’ve got it!”

Shun: “All right, let’s go Zero!”

Zero gets into his battle stance and waits for a signal to attack

Mysterious guy B: “Torrential start things fresh with Hydro Blast!”

Mysterious guy A: “Avian, use Aero!”

Torrential puts his open hands in front of him and blasts a hard stream of water from his hands towards Zero. Avian moves his arms in a sweeping motion and kicks up a big wind that heads straight for Zero. Shun is looking at his watch with confusion as he tries to figure out the controls.

Shun: (What to do? I’ve never had an actual battle before! How do I use these controls? )
A small microphone slides out of the watch. (Huh, they’re voice activated controls!) “All right Zero! Cut through the Hydro Blast using Double Slash and Swordplay to counteract the Aero!”

Zero: “Haaa!!!”

Zero cuts through the water with a cross slash pattern and his Swordplay attack to draw up wind to blow back the Aero attack.

The enemy operators are shocked at Zero’s skills!

Mysterious guy B: “How’d he do that?! The little runt must have some skills but we’ve got better skills up our sleeve to beat that emblem out of him!”

Mysterious guy A: “Torrential use Typhoon Wave!”

Mysterious guy B: “Avian get in close and use Whirlwind Strike!”

Avian rushes in for his attack. Avian is charging wind energy into his fist as he closes in on Zero. At the same time, Torrential is creating a miniature tidal wave aimed at Zero. Shun is frozen still with confusion as to what his next move is going to be.

Shun: (I’ve got to think on my feet if I’m going to win this fight!) “Zero! Try and dodge the wave and use Shadow Strike at the last second!”

Zero: (I’ve got to time this right or I could be like Mirage! He’s getting close…now!) Zero dodges the wave by jumping over it.

“Shadow Strike!” Zero unleashes an attack that lunges his shadow at the opponent and slashes Avian and rushes in for a second attack on Avian that connects and knocks Avian back.

Avian: “Eeerrggghhh!!!!”

Aione: “Yes! He got him knocked down! But it’s not over yet!”

Mysterious guy A: “How the hell he moves so fast?!”

Mysterious guy B: “I don’t know but Avian’s hurt real badly from that attack! Avian, how are you holding up?”

Avian staggers a little bit to get up on his feet as Zero readies himself for the next attack.

Avian: “I’m hurt but I can still stand! Playtime’s over!”

Torrential: “Let’s unleash our “special attack”!”

Aione: “Oh no! Shun, watch out! That’s the attack that they used against me and Mirage! Watch yourselves!

Mysterious guy A&B: “Avian and Torrential! Unleash the fury of the sea! Hurricane Cyclone!”

Torrential unleashes a large amount or water from his arms while Avian surrounds the whole battlefield with a barrier of strong winds that would blow anyone back into battle. The rain and wind from the storm is pushing Zero and Shun down from the pressure.

Zero: “This rain and wind is too hard for me to move anywhere! I’m a sitting duck out here! Think of something or we’re both done!”

Shun: “I’m trying to think of something!” (Come on, think! I can’t let everyone down!)

Torrential and Avian rush in and barrage Zero with a flurry of attacks that knock Zero back as Zero lands on his back.

Zero: “Aaaaahhhhh!”

Shun & Aione: “Zero!”
Shun: “Zero can’t take that kind of attack again or he’s going to be just like Mirage!”

Mysterious guy A: “Round two is coming back for another whirl!"
He gives off a murderous evil laugh.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Torrential and Avian are storing energy to come at Zero to finish the battle.

Shun: (What to do? What to do? Got it!) “Zero! When it comes close, use Shadow Strike to dodge it then use-what’s this move? Oh! Use Fury Slash!”

Zero: “Got it! Just got to time this right!”

Zero finally stumbles to his feet as he prepares himself for the attacks that are coming at him.

Mysterious guy B: “Here it comes-Hurricane Cyclone!!!!”

Zero: “Shadow Strike!”

Zero’s attack gives him the speed to dash past Torrential and Avian so they are caught off guard.

Avian: “Ha! You missed!”

Zero: “I wasn’t aiming at you!”

Mysterious guy A: “Then what are you aiming for?”

Shun: “This!”

Zero: “Fury Slllaaaassshhh!!!

Zero holds his sword at the ready as he rushes towards Torrential and Avian with incredible speed.

Torrential: “How does he expect to hit us both with that small sword and that attack?! Don’t make us laugh!”

Shun: “Take a second look!”

Zero glows with a mysterious power as his sword triples in size as he closes in on his opponents.

Avian: “How’d his sword grow so large so quickly?!

Zero: “Through concentration! Fury Slasssshhhh!!!

Torrential & Avian: “Aaaarrrggghhhh!!! Aaaaaaahhhhhh!”

Mysterious guy A: “How’d he beat our Hurricane Cyclone?! It’s impossible!”

As Torrential and Avian lay on the ground unconscious the storm they had created dissolves and dissipates. The sun shines over the horizon.

Mysterious guy B: “That isn’t any ordinary Robo! It’s some sort of super strong Robo! We’ll be back for you and that emblem of yours so don’t get comfortable with it! You’ll pay for this assholes!

Shun: “Just get out of here before we do you in worse than that!”

Zero: “Why don’t you losers get lost or something before I REALLY get mad!”

Mysterious guy A: “Let’s get out of here!

Mysterious guy B: “I’m right behind youuuuu!”

Both the trackers that were chasing Shun and Aione are now retreating.

Zero: “Yeah that’s right! You better run! I feel great! I haven’t battled like that in we-(Thud)”

Zero collapses to the ground in exhaustion.

Shun: “Zero?! Zero?! What’s the matter?! Get Up, Zero!”

Aione: “Stop yelling! He’s just tired form the battle! It must have taken a lot out of him. He’s just tired.”

Shun: “Ok! Just as long as nothing serious is wrong with him! Damn! We’re late for school already!”

Aione checks her phone to see the time.

Aione: “About 20 minutes late to be exact.”

Shun: “Aww crap! This is my third time being late this week! I don’t want to go through detention again! It’s so boring! I can think of it now…clapping erasers and sitting around doing nothing but homework! I’m dying on the inside just thinking about it!”

Aione: “Anyway…which way is our school?”

Shun: “It’s that tall building over there with the clock on the north side. What year are you in? I’m in my last year.”

Aione: “I’m in my second year. I transferred from the Jun-on all-girls academy across town. It’s a private school.”

Shun: “Ok! So we have to get you in without being seen. Being late on your first day will make a bad impression. What room and class you have now?”

Aione: “Algebra 2 in room 215 with Ms. Motohiro.”

Shun: “No way! I have that class right now! You must be pretty smart to be in that class in your second year.”

Aione: “I was always in the gifted classes as a child. But how are we going to get inside? We can’t bring Robos on school grounds anymore.”

Shun: “Yeah that’s kind of my fault.”

Shun laughs to himself.

“It’s a long story but it wasn’t entirely my fault though! I promise!”

Aione: “We need to get to school and figure how to get inside without being caught!”

Shun and Aione open to rooftop door and proceed down the stairs to the ground below.

Shun: “Pick up the pace, alright?”

(15 minutes later)

Shun and Aione are standing feet away from the school entrance gate trying to catch their breath.

Shun: “We made it!”

Aione: “Yeah but how do we get inside now? If we get caught, we’ll get detention!”

Shun: “No we won’t! Leave it up to me! Follow my lead!”

Aione: “I have a bad feeling about this, Mirage.”

Shun and Aione proceed to walk to the school and climb over the gate.

Inside the school hallways…

Aione: “Okay we’ve managed to sneak into school undetected so what’s next?”

Shun: “Shhhh! Not so loud! If we get caught in the hallways without a pass then we’ll still get detention.”

Aione: “Ok! There’s our classroom!”

Shun: “It seems that she’s too distracted to look behind her and see me enter! Watch this! Stay out here.”

Aione nods her head as Shun grips the door to the classroom.

-End