Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 20: Simulation or Reality: Worst Case Scenario for Project Genesis

As Shun and Zero make their way through the woods to make their way back home, Shun stops and stares at the secret area that Kohana had taken Shun to. He walks strays off the path and walks towards the spot. Zero turns around and notices that he isn’t behind him. Zero follows distantly behind and comes across Shun standing in the middle of the flowery meadow. The moon is full and the light shining from it is bright. The bright moonlight is reflecting off of the dewdrops on the petals of the flowers. The reflection creates a field that looks like the horizon of the sea. The cooling breeze coming through the field feels like an ocean spray as it gently brushes past Shun’s cheek. Shun stands there staring at the moon with his hand on his cheek. Shun’s mind is flashbacking and images are racing through his head.

Shun: (Why am I feeling this way? Kohana thinks I’m special enough to show me this place that is so sacred and precious to her. But at the same time, I know for sure that Aione likes me as well. I’ve had a crush on Kohana for years but I never got up the courage to tell her how I feel. I feel so confused. Maybe I shouldn’t pursue any feelings until I’m certain that of how I feel about the both of them.)

Zero: “Hey Shun are you alright?”

Shun: “Huh? Oh Zero I didn’t notice you standing there. I didn’t even realize that I was standing here. I feel as if I was drawn here for some reason. But I don’t even know why. I was mesmerized by this field of flowers in this kind of moonlight. It’s hypnotizing actually. But we’ll have to catch this another time. We’ve gotta get back home before anyone wakes up and notices that we’re gone. We’re all supposed to meet up online and check out this simulation about Project Genesis. Let’s go.”

Zero: “Okay. I’ll snap an image of the field into my memory for future purposes. Maybe you can use this picture again sometime soon. You don’t see things like this every day. It’s amazing really.”

Shun: “Yeah.”

Shun and Zero both continue on their path home until they reach their neighborhood. Shun and Zero had arrived at the front of the house. Shun grows frustrated.

Shun: “Arrrrggghhhh! We can’t go through the front door. I don’t have my key. Second, I don’t want to wake anyone up this late at night.”

Zero: “Guess we’ll have to take the other way.”

Shun: “Other way? What other way?”

Zero leads Shun to the backyard of the house. Zero points to the tree that has a reaching branch to Shun’s window and looks back at Shun.

Shun: “How am I supposed to climb that??!” I’m not good at climbing.”

Zero throws Shun over his shoulder and leaps up to the branch and puts Shun down on the branch. Shun walks to the window leading to his room and opens it. Shun steps onto the ledge of his window but slips and steps on the tail of his cat, Sky. Startled and in pain form being stepped on, Sky attacks Shun with a flurry of swipes and starches, leaving Shun marked and in pain. Shun holds in his cries of pain as he makes his way to his laptop sitting on his studying table. He opens it and gives Kohana a call through a video chatting program.

Shun types a little bit on his laptop and makes a few clicks on his mouse before a sound is made.

Shun: “I’m here. Is everyone online?”

Through the computer’s speakers, everyone’s voices are heard.

Takashia: “Kohana and I are here and ready.”

Iteza: “Same goes for Kaida and I.”

Daijiro: “We’re here and on standby.”

Daitaro: “Are all machina present?”

Zero: “I’m right here waiting.”

Tri-Blaze: “I’m just waiting. Gabriel is in sleep mode but I’ll go get his lazy ass up.”

The only sound heard over the sound of the computer is Tri-Blaze’s muffled yelling and a loud crash.

Gabriel: “What the hell was that for? I was trying to sleep!”

Tri-Blaze: “Well there are more important things going on right now than your sleep. Now wake yourself up or I’ll do it for ya!”

Misery: “Well I’m here waiting with Takashia and Kohana. Hey Raijin you still owe me that sparring match one day soon.”

Raijin: “Okay! Anytime, anyplace!”

Kohana: “Guys I know that we’re all having a good time and everything but I’ve got some news for you all. I found some encrypted files about the development of Project Genesis. It turns out that there is a reason that he was called Genesis. Just watch and listen the video journey.”

A dead silence falls over the chatroom as the video starts playing. The video shows Professor Akihiko standing in the viewpoint which shows he’s standing in front of the camera. The Professor opens his mouth and begins to speak.

Akihiko: “Project Genesis is in the final stages of development. We can’t wait for his first test after completion when he awakes. All that’s left is the finishing updates and systems diagnostics left for his programming.”

Another man is in the background working on Genesis while Prof. Akihiko is recording his journal.

Shun: “Pause that. Who is that guy working in the background? I’ve never seen him before?”

A click is heard and the video stops playing.

Kohana: “According to the records of what we found about Project Genesis, he seems to be the other developer, Professor Yuta Tatsuya. He was the one who designed the form of Genesis. He practically built his body and his physical being.”

Zero: “Then it seems like Akihiko was the one who came up with the programming for Genesis.”

Iteza: “Maybe if we find Professor Tatsuya then we can get more information about Project Genesis. We need to find him and see what’s going on.”

Daitaro: “But Akihiko is on the run and missing.”

Dajiro: “Tatsuya is missing, right?”

Kohana: “Correct. Both professors are currently missing but for two different reasons.”

Takashia: “Yeah. Akihiko is on the run from government officials and the police for questioning involving the explosion of the laboratory. They wanna find out what happened from his account and they also want to retrieve Project Genesis from him as well because they think that something is plotted against the laboratory.”

Iteza: “But they can’t confirm any of their theories until they find Akihiko and question his until he confesses”

Daijiro: “Exactly.”

Shun: “So is there some way to find any leads on where Professor Tatsuya could be hiding at?”

Kohana: “I’m not sure but I can look through the laboratory’s security camera systems and find out his last accounts on the day of the explosion. Give me some time on that one.”

Kaida: “Well can we continue the video and see where this goes?”

Kohana: “Yes, sorry. Resuming.”

A click is heard and the video resumes playing. Professor Akihiko is typing on a keyboard and running what seems to be a diagnostic test on Genesis.

Akihiko: “Genesis is the first of a new series of machina. His structure like most machina, are designed to mirror a human’s biological structure. The electrical plasma pulses resemble those of the veins and bloodstream like those of human beings. With the similarity in systems and structure, we have finally developed a program unlike anything we’ve ever seen before. After years of development we have finally done it! We’ve created the first machina with the ability of biomechanical synchronization! With this ability in store, Genesis is the first of his kind with the ability to fuse and enhance a human’s strength as well as infuse the machina’s fighting ability within the host human. The machina and the operator become one in the same. The host’s physical capability is increased in exponential levels. This will revolutionize the way we operate machina forever! The synchronization will only last as long as the host can hold out. This will put serious strain on the operator’s body and can cause serious injury if taken lightly. Professor Tatsuya can you go and check on the final diagnostics for Genesis?”

Professor Tatsuya leaves the laboratory room and turns to the right outside of the laboratory and walks down the hall. Professor Akihiko turns around to ensure that he is alone.

Akihiko: “With this weapon at my disposal, the world with have nothing to do but surrender. The potential of Genesis’s strength can rival those of military superpowers and even more. Using this technology, I can crush my enemies with the blink of an eye, wipe out any opposition with just a swat and destroy anyone who stands in my way. This town, this country, and even this world will soon be mine!”

Akihiko lets out a vicious laugh that is cold and menacing before the video stops its playback.
Everyone’s facial expressions grew serious and flushed as if they saw a ghost.

Shun and Takashia (together): “We have to stop him!

Simulation or Reality-End
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its taken so long! I've been busy with work and balance everything at the same time so I was tryna get everything in order. But updates are coming soon and more is to come