Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 23: War on Two Fronts

Shun: “What you mean they’ve been attacked?!”

Shun’s faces concerned as he starts to ask a barrage of questions to find the answer.

Shun: “What does it mean?! Who is it from?! How long ago did this happen?!”

Shun smashes his hands on the table and stands up so harshly that the other customers and the workers in the restaurant all stop and look in their direction to see what the commotion is all about.

Shun: “Sorry about that folks. Continue your meal.”

Shun leans in towards Aione.

Shun: “We should go and see what’s going on with your parents.”

Aione nods in agreement and looks at Mirage as if she was telegraphing her thoughts to her. Shun pays for the meal and takes a bowl of ramen with him to go as they leave the restaurant. Aione takes off running in one direction with the rest of the group following closely behind. Shun yells from the back of the line.

Shun: “Stop!”

Aione stops dead in her tracks as Mirage nearly bumps into her back as she comes to a sudden stop.

Shun: “Where exactly are we going now? Which hospital are they at?”

Aione: “I don’t know. The message came from a blocked number.”

Shun: “So we can’t even track where the message from?”

Aione: “Sadly, no.”

Aione’s phone suddenly rings again and stops again. She takes the phone out and checks it. Her eyes widened with what she read.

Aione: “There at the hospital across town!”

Shun: “How do you know?”

Aione: “I got a message saying that they’re at the hospital in town. 3rd floor, in room 304.

Zero: “Wait!”

Shun: “What is it Zero?”

Zero: “You don’t think that this is too weird that she’s getting step by step directions to the hospital where her parents are supposed to be? We could be walking right into an ambush by Akihiko’s people or even worse, Genesis himself.”

Mirage: “He’s right. We have to move carefully. We can’t let ourselves be caught up in this so easily. We should warn the others and have them meet us there in case something happens.”

Mirage’s left arm lit up as a hol ographic projection came up and a list of contacts came up. She pressed the one labeled “Takashia”. Takashia answered and they were talking via video projection.

Takashia: “What’s up guys?”

Mirage: “Aione’s parents are in the hospital. We don’t know if we’re running into a trap or if this is really happening. You and Misery meet us there with Iteza and Tri-Blaze just in case we need the back-up.”

Takashia: “Gotcha! I’ll let them know now.”

The conversation ends as her arm returns to normal.

Aione: “Alright, let’s go! (Mom. Pop. I hope you’re hanging on and doing okay.)

*Meanwhile*

Takashia walks into Iteza and Kaida’s house without knocking and starts taking his shoes off at the entrance.

Misery: “Why do you insist on walking into their house knowing how your aunt is about popping in like that? Last time you were almost scalded with a boiling pot of ramen.”

Takashia: “Well that was the past and this is now. I’m sure it’s cool.”

At that moment, Takashia was struck with a frying pan.

A large knot appeared on the back of Takashia’s head as he screamed in pain.

???: “Sorry about that, I thought you were that mouse that got into the house last night.”

Takashia: “Dammit! How did you confuse me for a mouse Aunt Sara?”

Aunt Sara: “Sorry it’s these bad eyes of mine. Iteza and Kaida are in the backyard.”

Misery: “Thank you Ma’am. We’ll be moving on now.”

Aunt Sara: “You’re so polite, Misery. You’re welcome anytime. Be more careful next time, Takashia.”

Takashia: *under his breath* “You should be more careful.”

Takashia walks outside to find Iteza and Kaida outside in the sunlight sitting on the grass.

Takashia: Iteza! We have to move! Shun and Aione are headed to the hospital.”

Iteza: “Why?”

Takashia: “Aione’s parents may be there but we think it might also be a trap as well so we to move and be there in case something happens.”

Iteza: “I see your point. *into his watch* Tri-Blaze! Mobilize and move out. We’ve got to make it to the hospital ASAP.”

Kaida: “I want to come too.”

Iteza: “No! It’s too dangerous!”

Kaida: “That’s not fair! I’m not a little kid you have to protect. I can fight as well. As long as I have Gabriel I can’t lose.”

Misery: “She’s got a point, Iteza.”

Tri-Blaze: *through the watch* “I agree with her.”

Iteza: *sigh* “I see no point in continuing this argument. Alright come on, Kaida. But do your best along us.”

Kaida: “I wouldn’t do anything less than my best.”

Takashia, Misery, Iteza, Tri-Blaze, Kaida and Gabriel are racing towards the hospital as Shun, Zero, Mirage and Aione make their way as well.

*45 minutes later*

Shun and his group have made it to the entrance of the hospital and go up to the receptionist’s desk.
Aione: “Can you tell me if Mr. and Mrs. Hikaru are in Room 304?”

Receptionist: “Let me see…..ah! They are in the room with reports of wounds and serious injury.”

Aione’s eyes welled up as she took off running towards her parents.

Aione: “I’m coming Mom and Pop!”

Shun: “Wait up!”

Shun, Zero and Mirage take off behind her trying to catch up as they make their way up to the 3rd floor.

Aione gets up to the 3rd floor and shoots west towards her parent’s room and bursts through her parent’s room only to be left standing with her eyes wide open and speechless.

Shun catches up almost out of breath and stares from behind her to see what’s got her so lifeless.

Aione: “…….You!”

*Meanwhile*

Takashia and his group are closing in on the hospital as they pass through a shortcut in the woods behind the hospital.

Kaida: “How far are we?”

Takashia: “About half a mile left. We’re very close.”

Iteza starts feeling this sensation that he’s been feeling before.

Iteza: (This sensation…its back.) “Get Down!”

An explosion triggers about a few feet in front of where they stopped.

Tri-Blaze: “Someone’s here! Show yourself!”

Misery senses something and kicks the air above Kaida. A strange green machina appears out of thin air and picks himself off of the ground.

???: “Nice skills. But you’ll need more than that to defeat me.”

Takashia: “We don’t have time for this! Misery, let’s go!”

Kaida: “No!”

Iteza: “Huh?! Kaida!”

Kaida: “Go ahead and catch up with Shun and the others. I was here to tag along for a reason and it seems like it’s my time to shine. So you guys go on ahead and take care. We’ll handle it from here.”

Iteza: “Kaida….I can’t let you get-“

Kaida: “Hurt right? I can handle myself. I’ll take care of this and meet up with you soon.”

Iteza stares at Kaida with the image of the little kid she used to be. Kaida’s voice snaps that image.

Kaida: “Iteza! Get going!”

Iteza: “Take care….”

Takashia and Iteza take off with their Machina as Kaida gets smaller in his view.

Kaida: “Ready Gabriel? Let’s take out this creep!”

???: “You defeat me? Tch. This is gonna be fun hunting for me.”

The mysterious opponent turns invisible again as they begin their battle.

*Back in the hospital room*

Aione: “It’s you….Genesis. What are you doing here?! What did you do to my parents?!”

Genesis sits in the window with a smile on his face saying nothing.

Aione: “ANSWER ME!”

Shun: “Calm down, Aione. We can’t fight here in this hospital.”

???: “He’s right. We wouldn’t wanna harm your dear parents any further than what they have inflicted upon them.”

A figure walks from behind the curtains.

Aione’s face looks as if she’s seen a ghost.

Aione: “It can’t be you too…Kosuke!”

Kosuke: “Well, well it’s been a long time, Aione and that’s all you have to say to me?”

Aione: “I’LL KILL YOU FOR WHAT YOU’VE DONE!”

War on Two Fronts-End
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to really plan this chapter out cause I wanted to connect Aione's past to her present and make it a recurring nightmare for her of sorts. Now you see how things are making their connections right now. I hope you enjoy it and comment. ch 24 is coming very soon cause i cant leave you readers hanging like that. more to come soon enough