Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 25: Bonds And Surprises

Zero and Genesis collide with a burst of energy that sparks a blinding light that illuminates the entire field and causes everyone around to cover their eyes. The light dims and dissipates as they both bounce back to their original spots.

Iteza: “They both seem to be equal in power and speed. This isn’t a battle of strength, this is a battle of will. Whoever is still standing at the end of this will be the strongest of the new generation. This battle could decide the future of machina and the human race on a larger scale.”

Takashia: “But we can just sit back and let Zero and Shun carry the weight of the world on their shoulders while we stand here gawking at them fight it out. We’ve gotta help him! Let’s go Misery! We’ve gotta do all we can to help Shun and Zero!”

Misery stands firm with a look of determination and unwavering bravery as he stances up to prepare for battle.

Iteza: “I can’t sit idly by and let you guys have all the credit. Plus I wouldn’t be able to live with myself knowing that I wasn’t involved in this huge battle just because I sat back and watched.”

Tri-Blaze: “I’m fired up just thinking about fighting!”

Tri-Blaze’s flames flared with a bright ember that Iteza had never seen before. Iteza knew in his mind that he was ready for battle. The sky turned cloudy and black overhead the empty field which had become a battlefield. The rolling of thunder and the flash of lightning boomed in the background.

Genesis and Kosuke stood firmly on one side as Zero, Misery, Tri-Blaze, Shun, Takashia, and Iteza stood at the ready for battle. In just an instant and with a flash of lightning, Zero had led the charge with sword unsheathed towards his opponent with his allies following behind.

Zero: “What do you hope to accomplish through all of this fighting, Genesis?!”

Genesis: “I just hope to gain it all, power, domination, and total control of all under an iron fist!”

Misery: “This guy’s insane. Let me take him first.”

Misery charges at Genesis. Both of their hands begin to glow as they approach each other for an attack. Both punches connect and hit each other in the face. Misery and Genesis lean back for a quick second before they recover and continue and barrage of punches and kicks that are blocked and thrown out at the same time. Their speeds are evenly matched they continue. Zero charges in with a quick strike, but is dodged as Genesis leaps high into the air.

Iteza: “Tri! Flare Shot! Shoot him down!”

Tri-Blaze: “You’ll pay for everything you’ve done to us! I’ll make sure you burn to ashes! Flaaaaarrrreeee Shot!”

Tri-Blaze’s cannons had fired with such precision and power that they sounded like explosions as they made contact with Genesis and created a huge smoke screen as the shots made contact with him. The smoke cleared as Genesis fell from the smoke with barely a scratch. Genesis touches ground with a soft tap of his foot. His hands glow with a dark green hue that almost resembles black. A cocky grin spreads across his face as if he prepares for another bout with the trio.

Genesis: “Come on! I thought you three would be more of a challenge than I thought. I’m getting bored here. But the good news is that you three have lasted longer in a fight than anyone I’ve faced before. You should really pat yourselves on the back for that.”

Zero, Misery, Tri-Blaze, and their operators all look with a mix of emotions.

Shun: “How strong is this guy?”

Takashia: “He hasn’t even used any special attacks yet. He’s been using just his raw power and not even all of that as well.”

Iteza: “I’m pretty sure he still has some tricks up his sleeve that we should watch out for. We really need to stay on our toes.”

Zero, Misery, and Tri-Blaze stand back up and prepare for another fight with Genesis.

Genesis: “Come! Show me what you’re made of!”

Misery’s hands clenched and began to glow with energy as he rushed with a fierce roar towards Genesis. Genesis’s hands started to glow as well as he matched Misery’s punch head on as his heels dug into the ground and was pushed back a couple of inches.

Genesis: “Is that the best you can do?! Don’t insult me by calling that power!”

Genesis struck at Misery and absorbed the full impact of the strike in his stomach. Misery was pushed back a couple of feet but wasn’t knocked over.

Misery: “You call that power?! You’re the one who’s insulting me! Let’s get serious, Takashia!”

Takashia: “You’re right! Kick it up one notch! Dark Ball and combo it with Dark Palm!”

Misery goes for a series of punches and kicks that are deflected and parried by Genesis and his fascinating speed. Takashia is taken by shock at his speed. Misery jumps back slightly and fires an orb of energy at Genesis that is missed initially, after barrages of orbs were fired at him. Genesis dodges them all with ease as he steps in closer to strike at Misery when something falls in front of his face then explodes, pushing both of them back from the recoil.

Tri-Blaze: “I can’t sit back and watch this drag on any longer. He’s just playing with us for no reason. Let’s do this the way we used to a while back when we first started fighting together, Misery.”

Takashia: “Think it’s time to use that again, Iteza?”

Iteza: “I think it’s the perfect time to use that combination again.”

Misery: “It’s been a long time since we’ve used the DarkFlame style.”

Tri-Blaze: “It feels like forever. Let’s do this!”

Misery and Tri-Blaze stand next to each other while their energies start to manifest and shroud each other and combine into one energy that surrounds them both as they prepare to launch an attack.

Zero stands in amazement at the increase of energy and spirit in them two. Zero sheathes his sword and concentrates as a mysterious energy starts to emanate from him. Shun’s watch starts to glow with the same white light that surrounds Zero as well.

Shun: “What is this light?!”

Bonds and Surprises-End