Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 26: Inner Strength

Shun’s watch began to glow with the same light that had enveloped Zero. Shun’s whole body started to glow with the same light. Zero stands in place in the same stance as Misery and Tri-Blaze prepare to launch their combination attack. Shun stands in amazement between Takashia and Iteza as they both look on in wonder at Shun and the mysterious light around him.

Shun: “What’s this light around me? It feels weird but it feels warm at the same time.”

Iteza: “This is weird. I’ve never heard of a machina glowing like that nor the operator himself.”

Takashia: “We’ve still got one problem to deal with before the other. We’ve gotta push this bastard back before we deal with the light show here. Push ‘em back Misery!”

Misery and Tri-Blaze are standing and charging energy with each other as they prepare to make another stand against Genesis. The energy swirling around the two had subsided and calmed down. All that surrounded them was an aura of energy that burned with a dark resonance.

Misery: “First things first, let’s take care of this guy! Right here! Right now!”

Iteza: “Yeah!”

Misery and Iteza take off in the blink of an eye. They split off in two directions and loop back around to surround Genesis on both sides. Misery launches a punch while one of Tri-Blaze’s cannons is being thrown on the other end. Genesis leaps high into the air with amazing speed, but is followed closely by the opposing duo.

Takashia: Take him down, Misery! Dark Heartstopper!”

Misery catches up to Genesis in midair and launches a flurry of energized punches and kicks at Genesis. Genesis tries to defend himself by striking blow for blow with Misery but fails. More and more blows continue to land and strike him as the final strike in the attack is launched. The damage dealt from the attack was enough to knock him back as he starts to descend from the sky, damaged and bruised. Iteza flies up quickly behind with all three cannons flared and lit up as his shot is charged and ready to fire.

Iteza: “Blast him out of the sky, Tri!”

Tri-Blaze’s cannons were white-hot as he began to release all the energy released in his cannon. The shot came out in one huge explosion that blinded everyone and sent Genesis crashing into the ground like a meteor from space. Kosuke’s face grew worried and a bit upset at the sight of Genesis being beaten down in front of him. Kosuke grits his teeth and balls his fists in frustration. His composure his now breaking down his cool demeanor is now shifting to an aura of evil intent and maliciousness.

Kosuke: “Stand up, Genesis! Enough playing around with these fools! It’s time to change the momentum here. Time to counterattack with Psycho Nightmare! Let’s give these bastards a goodnight they’ll never wake up from!”

Genesis stands up as an evil energy emanates from his body that solidifies and expands outward towards the sky. The clouds became black and the winds became violent. Genesis started to glow with a dark energy that made Misery’s energy seemed childish. Shun and Zero stand there glowing with the same light but now the light connects them both as one huge light. Shun and Zero stand with a silence, not saying anything or doing anything. Inside of Shun’s mind, he sees Zero.

Shun: “Zero, what’re we doing here?! We should be out there fighting with the others. Where are we?”

????: “Zero isn’t here. All that is here is I. I am all there is.”

Shun: “Who are you?”

???: “If you wish to address me by a name then you shall call me Link. I’m the main component that keeps the one you call Zero functioning. I also control his abilities without his knowing.”

Shun: “So are you saying that he’s being restricted in his own power? Why are you doing this?”

Link: “Zero’s power is just like that of the one you oppose right now called Genesis.”

Shun: “You mean bio-synchronization?”

Link: “Exactly. His power is very destructive and potentially life-threatening if unleashed with the wrong person.”

Shun: “So you’ve been doing this to make sure that Zero’s powers aren’t being manipulated? Where exactly did you come from?”

Link: “I was a restriction program coded in the very core program by Yuta Tatsuya, the original creator of Zero. When Daiki Akihiko made Zero and put the programming in, he didn’t know the coding came with this failsafe program to kick in, thus holding back his power.”

Shun: “Is there some way to lift this restriction?”

Link: “The restriction was to prevent those from abusing his power. How will I know that you won’t become overcome with power and abuse his abilities for your personal gain?”

Shun: “It’s not like me. I fight to protect my friends and those I care about. Zero is a special friend to me. I’d lay down my life to protect those around me and keep them safe. I’d fight to my last breath to make sure everyone is safe and happy. Seeing everyone smile and living another day to see everyone is what I care about most. I wouldn’t abuse Zero’s power, but use it to its fullest extent to ensure a brighter future for those I care about. Please…let me help my friends along with Zero.”

Link: “Very well. I’ll be watching from inside’s Zero’s programming. If I sense anything else intended, I’ll seal his power again. Forever! I shall grant your request.”

Shun: “Thank you! You won’t regret it Link.”

*At the same time*

The winds and skies above grow darker by the second. Misery and Tri-Blaze stand facing the opposition of Genesis unleashing his most powerful attack. A wave of dark, void-like energy washes towards the group like a gigantic wave.

Iteza: “What are we gonna do about this? Normal attacks won’t pierce it nor stop it. Shun and Zero are still frozen and can’t move.”

Takashia: “It can’t end like this!”

Just as the wave of energy is overhead and about to swallow everyone whole, a swift slash cuts through the wave and dissipates it. As Takashia opens his eyes, he sees Zero and Shun standing in front of them glowing with the same light. A look of fearlessness and determination are in they’re faces. The silence is broken by a single phrase.

Shun: “Zero, bio-synchronize!”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the moment that everyone has been waiting for...Zero and Shun's time to shine as the heroes they were born to be. Glad you've all stuck through with me for this