Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 28: Breaking Point

Kosuke, Takahashi, Iteza, Tri-Blaze, and Misery all watch in shock as they witness Genesis and Shun standing there still. Genesis backed up holding his left shoulder. Shun sheathed his sword and stood ready for a counterstrike. Genesis jumped back and looked around as if he didn’t believe what had happened. Finally the silence was broken by a yell.

Genesis: “YOU’D RATHER SIDE WITH THEM THAN YOUR OWN KIND, ZERO??!!! YOU’D RATHER CHOOSE THE SIDE THAT’S WAITING FOR DESTRUCTION THAN THE SIDE THAT’S TRYNA SAVE IT??!!”

Shun: “You’re wrong Genesis! As long as we’re still standing, we’ll protect our home from you and anyone else threatening it. Machina and humans are supposed to live together peacefully and cooperatively in harmony. There isn’t supposed to be a superior or dominant species whether human or Machina. This planet is huge enough for all of us to share and live our own lives. It isn’t right that you want to take control of all or our lives and take control of a future that you can’t handle. That isn’t up to you, Genesis. We all have the right to choose our own destiny and move forward.”

Genesis’s face grew and expression of aggravation and impatience. Genesis grits his teeth at the sound of Shun’s words. Genesis’s mind fell into a warp of random thoughts and voices. Genesis can hear the voices swirling around in his head.

*Our destiny is to lead the humans into evolution!*

*That isn’t your decision to make*

*Everything I do is to ensure our future*

*Why?! Why do you side with the humans?!*

*As long as I’m here, I’ll stop you and everyone who threatens our home.*

Genesis felt something snap in his mind.

Genesis let out an evil, uncontrollable laughter.

Genesis: *Hehe hehe hehehehehe! Ha hahaha haha haha hahahaha!* “I’ve finally found out the solution to my little problem! It’s all so simple! If I kill you all here, then I’ll have no one strong enough to oppose me and my new world order!” *Hahaha ha ha ha* “Why didn’t I think of it sooner?!”

Takashia: “This sounds like he really means business, guys. Can you stand and fight, Misery?”

Misery: “The only thing hurt is my pride. But I’m ready to go one more round against this maniac. Let’s do this!”

Iteza: “I take it that you’re ready to go as well Tri?”

Tri-Blaze: “I’ve been waiting to burn his down to ashes for the longest time. Let’s have at it!”

Genesis: “Enough is enough! I’ve had it with all these insects in my way! Kosuke you can finally be of some use for me! Activate Bio-Synchronization!”

Kosuke lifts up his watch on his arm and activates Bio-Synchronization.

A dark aura surrounds Kosuke and Genesis as well. The two auras swirl together into one as they ascend into the sky and fuse together. As aura clears, a newly formed synchronization of Kosuke and Genesis slowly descends to the ground overflowing with a dark power that no one has seen before.
The combined form of Zero and Shun, Takashia, Iteza and their Machina cover their faces from the winds and updraft that is brought up from the combination of the two adversaries.

Zero: “Ugh….this wind…this energy.”

Misery: “It feels so thick and suffocating.”

Iteza: “It’s like being smothered by evil itself…*cough* It’s getting hard to breathe.”

Shun: “It’s time we clear this smog. This is getting really annoying”

Shun and Zero unsheathe a sword and with one swing, they swipe a clean cut through the smog only to find that Genesis has completely disappeared. Shun and Zero stand at the ready and prepare for any attacks that may come out of nowhere. Takashia, Iteza and their Machina prepare themselves for Genesis’s reappearance.

Misery: “Where did that bastard go off to? Did he run off or is he still here?”

In the open airspace above them the group can hear an evil laughter that resonates throughout the forest.

Genesis: *He he he he he he hehehehehehehe*

Zero: “Genesis! Show yourself. Come out and face me out in the open like a true warrior.”

Genesis: “Oh I’ll come out and face you! Psycho Blaster!”

Genesis appears suddenly behind Zero. Zero has no time to react. Genesis then launches a blast of dark energy directly to their back, launching them clear across the plain while crashing to the ground.

Misery: “Shun! Zero! You bastard!”

Misery throws an energy charged punch at Genesis. Genesis parries the punch and lifts Misery off of his feet and swings him into Tri-Blaze, knocking them both to the ground. Genesis disappears again.

Takashia: “Where’d he go this time?!”

Takashia and Iteza are frantically looking around while going to the aid of their Machina.

Genesis appears behind Takashia and Iteza. Zero and Shun pick up their combined body off of the ground in time to see him reappear behind his comrades. Genesis strikes Iteza on the back of his neck and renders him unconscious. In the same instant he flashes in front of Takashia and launches a straight punch into his stomach, bringing him to his knees before he fell over. Both Misery and Tri-Blaze were both barely able to move a muscle.

Shun: “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU STAY AWAY FROM THEM OR I’LL KILL YOU MYSELF! DON’T YOU DARE LAY A FINGER ON THEM!”

Shun digs his fingers into the ground to get a grip and push himself to stand to his feet. Shun staggers to his feet, breathing heavily. Genesis picks Takashia up by his shirt and charges a blast in his hand near Takashia’s face.

Takashia manages to utter a few words due to his weakened state.

Takashia: “…S..Shun…h…he…help.”

Zero: “Genesis, don’t do this! It doesn’t have to be this way! Let him go!”

Genesis: “I can’t do that Zero. Not until you surrender and join with me. Once our power is combined, the world will know our strength and then the human race will become nothing but pawns for our own amusement. Make your choice, Zero! Side with me and save our fellow Machina, or die alongside these pitiful mortals. Three seconds, Zero. Three!”

Zero: “Let’s talk about this. We can come to a solution.”

Genesis: “Two!”

Shun: “Let him go Genesis! Let’s settle this ourselves! Me and you!”

Genesis: “One!”

Genesis’s hand surged with energy near Takashia’s face increased to intense levels as it near to be released. Genesis unleashes the ball of energy towards Takashia’s unconscious body. At the same time, Shun’s subconscious slips into a spiral.

*Inside Shun and Zero’s subconscious*

Shun: “I can’t let him hurt my friends…I must stop him…I have to do whatever it takes…There must be a way…I can’t let him win…”

Zero: “Shun are you okay? You’re emotions are going out of control; I can’t keep the link stabilized. If this keeps up, we might separate.”

Shun: “I can’t let him hurt my friends…I must stop him…I have to do whatever it takes…There must be a way…I can’t let him win…”

Zero: “Shun? Shun?! SHUN?!”

Shun loses control and unleashes all of his emotions.

Shun: “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A huge surge of light burst from Shun and Zero that sent large shockwaves pulsing from them one after another.

Shun continues shouting while Genesis is shocked stiff from the surge of energy and power coming from them. Genesis reaches his hands in front of him and cackles at the sheer amusement of the display of power.

Genesis: “Yes! This is the power that will save our people! This is the power that will take hold of the future and claim our rightful place at the top of the world! Join me Zero!”

The combined form stands unresponsive. Shun parts his lips to utter a few words.

Shun: “…He isn’t here!”

Genesis: “Huh? What do you mean?”

Shun: “Zero isn’t here. This is all me. I’m in complete control. Now it’s time that you pay for all the crimes you’ve committed and all the people you’ve hurt!”

Shun lowers his head and stares at Genesis. His expression is cold. His eyes are blank and lifeless. His words are angry and serious.

Shun: “You’d better prepare yourself Genesis. I’m gonna stop you here and now, no matter what! If I have to…I’LL KILL YOU!
♠ ♠ ♠
I hoped that you all enjoyed this chapter guys. The conclusion to this epic fight with be in the next chapter. How it all ends you all won't expect it. But you'll love it. I thank all of you who read this cause it shows how much you love the series and the potential it holds. I greatly appreciate it.