Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Prototype Zero Chapter 31: Saito & Saito vs Saito! A Family Battle For Control

Prototype Zero Chapter 31: Saito Vs Saito Vs Saito! A Family Battle for Control!

Shun and the rest of the group had just been informed by the Medical Machina Unit in the hospital that Kosuke was a person who had been missing for the past 2 months. Shun still layed in his hospital bed shocked and a bit confused from the news himself. Aione, the most connected to Kosuke had spoken up first to find out how this had come about.

Aione: “So if he’s been missing for about two months, he must’ve gone missing after him and I had fought back in my hometown. But the real question is: where does Kosuke connect with Genesis?”

Shun: “No one knows yet. Maybe we can find out when he wakes up. We’ll have to question him and see what’s happened.”

Medical Unit: “Well due to the seriousness of his condition, he’ll be resting for a while. He’s very lucky to still be alive. It’ll take some time for him to awaken from his sleep. For the time being, you should be getting some rest yourself Mr. Takahashi.”

Daitaro: “Doctor’s right. You need your rest.”

Iteza: “It’s not like we can stay here all day and night. We have to get some rest ourselves at our own homes.”

Takashia: “Alright guys. As leader of Team Generation, I order an emergency resting session. We still have the rest of the weekend to regain our strength. Plus we still have to train and get stronger before the tournament itself in a couple of months. Everyone go home and get some rest. Except you Shun. You still have to stay here. We’ll have something ready for you when you get out. We’ll be back to see you tomorrow. Team Generation, move out!”

The rest of the team started to empty the room one by one. Aione stopped in the middle of the hallway and looked back at Shun’s room. She tagged Mirage on the shoulder and nodded her head, signaling her away from the group. Shun was lying in his bed by the window watching the moonlight when Aione walked into the room. Shun looked surprised by her arrival. Aione walked to Shun’s side and sat down. Shun looked nervous as he parted his lips to speak.

Shun: “H..h..hey Aione. Are you doing alright? Are you tired or anything?”

Aione: “No I’m fine. Thanks for asking. I just wanted to say that I’m glad you’re ok and things didn’t get any worse.”

Shun: “Yeah me too. I was so consumed by my own rage and pushed with the drive to do everything by myself that I wasn’t even able to let Zero help me out. I was always so used to everyone doing everything for me, protecting me, and looking out for me, that I wanted to be able to do the same thing for those that I care about.”

Aione: “I understand that Shun. But you aren’t by yourself in this. We’re all involved just as much as you and Zero are. We’re all here to protect one another and help each other out. You don’t have to depend on everyone else’s strength, but believe that your own strength is enough to keep everyone going. Just remember that we’re all here with you.”

Aione places her hand on top of Shun’s hand. Aione slightly smiles at Shun. The moonlight had breached the window and covered Aione in an ethereal glow that had made Shun utterly speechless. Shun smiled back at her.

Shun: (Her hand is so warm and soft. Why is my heart beating so fast? Why am I so nervous?) “Uh…uh…so shouldn’t you be getting home and getting some rest?”

Aione: “It’s fine. I don’t mind staying here for the night. I just wanna make sure you’re ok and that you get the rest you need. Don’t need you sneaking off or doing something reckless in the middle of the night.”

Aione smiles gently at Shun but at the same time, Shun is growing more nervous on the inside.

Shun: (How does she know that I won’t stay rested at all? I wanna go check on Zero and see how he’s doing. But it’s hard to move my arm. Damn cast. Maybe I’ll wait till she falls asleep.)

Aione: “I’ll be right back. I’m going to get something to drink. Be back soon. Try and rest Shun.”

Aione exits the room. Shun sighs and leans back in his hospital bed and stares out of the window towards the night sky. Meanwhile, Zero is staring up at the same sky, mind racing with flashes and images of the previous events of the day.

An image of Genesis.

An image of Link.

Shun and Zero’s Bio-synchorinzation.

Shun and Zero’s combined form fighting against Genesis.

Genesis activating his Bio-synchronization.

Shun going berserk…rampaging…uncontrollably.

Shun passed out in Takashia’s arms.

Zero: “Is this the power of Bio-synchronization? Is this the effect that it has on people? Is this power that dangerous to not only harm those who use it but nearly destroy those around them?”

Zero stood in the brightness of the moonlight shining down on the hospital courtyard. He hangs his head down in shame. Mirage approaches form behind and puts a hand on Zero’s shoulders. Zero picks his head up in shock. He turns around to see Mirage’s face smiling at Zero. He looks at her with a look of worry on his face, but isn’t able to say anything.

Mirage: “It’s not all your fault, Zero. You had to do what you could to defeat Genesis and stop Shun from rampaging like he was going to. You saved the day regardless of what you think.”

Zero: “Even so if I wasn’t able to stop Shun, he could’ve hurt a lot of people because of this power that was instilled into his hands. I wasn’t able to keep his in control. He could’ve caused a lot of damage and he wouldn’t have been able to forgive himself for that. In turn, I wouldn’t have been able to forgive myself because it was my power flowing through his body.”

Mirage: “Despite of all the “what if’s”, you were able to get things in order and help bring Shun back to his senses and clear his sight. I think you did great today and you shouldn’t be so hard on yourself for that for it. The bright side is that everyone is alright, Genesis was beaten, and everyone is still safe. Even Kosuke was found and he can go home to his parents who are probably worried sick about him. I think when you balance out the pros and cons, you came out on the positive side, Zero.”

Mirage turns around and heads back inside the hospital. Just as the doors open she turns around, facing Zero.

Mirage: “Don’t beat yourself up about this. You did the right thing. Try and get some rest.”

Mirage walks back in the hospital and walks out of Zero’s vision. Zero picks his head up and looks towards the moon and stares at it for some time.

Zero: “I must get stronger.”

*Sunday, the next day*

Kohana and Takashia head to the hospital to visit Shun. They had met up with Iteza and Kaida. The four of them had arrived at the train station only to find Daitaro and Daijiro waiting there as well. Iteza waves at the twins and receive one in response.

Iteza: “What’re you guys doing here?”

Daitaro: “We’re headed to the hospital to visit Shun. What about you guys?”

Takashia: “We’re headed there as well. Just going there to see how he’s doing. Plus we need to discuss what we’re going to do about this Genesis situation.”

Daijiro: “While we’re all there, we might as well tell you what happened during our vacation. It was hectic. A lot has happened in these last couple of weeks.”

Kaida: “I can’t wait to hear about it. Did you bring any souvenirs for us?”

Daitaro: “I brought a few things back from our vacation but not much. Most of the stuff we brought back was from our beach house.”

Kaida: “Awww that sucks.”

Daitaro: “It’s alright. Plus you guys are invited to stay at our family’s beach house. I scheduled for all of us to take some time there to relax once Shun gets out of the hospital. We all need the relaxation we can get before the tournament starts. We’ve got a lot of competition ahead of us.”

Kohana: “You guys actually need to rest up now as well. I’ve been working on a training simulation program for you guys to test out once. I know you guys have about 3 months until the tournament starts and Shun is going to be on bed rest for about 2 months so you guys are going to need as much training as you can get.”

Takashia: “No doubt about that. After seeing just how powerful Shun and Zero can become when they come really puts them in a league of their own. They’re power was almost unmatched. We couldn’t even put a dent on Genesis for the most part after he combined with Kosuke. It embarrassed me to even see Misery knocked around like that. We’ve never lost a fight to anyone from Torikaubuto High and we were thrown around like toys. We’ve got a lot of work ahead of us.”

The train swiftly pulls in and comes to a silent halt as the signal opened the doors. The six of them boarded the crowded train and rode it to the hospital. The six of them were close by and didn’t talk much during the train ride but they shared a few snacks along the way and munched on them on the ride. The train arrived and came to a stop that overlooked the front of the hospital itself. As Takashia walked off the train, something in him made him stop in his tracks. Iteza notcied quickly and turned around to Takashia. The rest of the group turned around as well to see what had happened and see if everything was alright.

Iteza: "You ok, Takashia?!"

Takashia: "Y...yeah...I'm fine. I just have the weirdest sensation. It's...eerie. A very unsettling feeling. Like something's watching over us. I don't know how to describe it fully. We better keeo our eyes open and watch our backs for a while."

Iteza: "I agree. But for now, we should be heading to the hospital. I bet Shun is waiting on us anyway."

Daitaro: "Yeah we should. We've got a huge story for you guys to hear while we're all together."

Daijiro: "Let's go."

Kohana: "I'm still worried but there's nothing we can do about it now. The best thing to do now is just press on and go from there."

They start for the escalator leading downstairs and ride it down towards the hospital.
Meanwhile, Shun has just woken up in his bed and tries to move his hand, only to be stuck. Shun looked at the end of his bed and sees Aione laying there with her head on his hand. Shun's face turns red and his heart starts beating really fast. Aione moves and rearranges herself in her sleep and had made herself more comfortable. Shun realized that he wasn't able to move his hand, he just sighed and layed back down and looked outside towards the sky to see the sun shining overhead. Takashia and the rest of the group walked into the room to find Aione and Shun in their awkward position. Takashia's face wears a sly expression at the sight of them together.

Takashia: "Well, well, well. Look at what we have here. I didn't know that you were quite the lady's man, Shun. Heheheheh"

Kohana walked in right behind Takashia and sees Shun and Aione. Her expression turned to a disappointed look. Shun nearly falls over babbling and trying to get the story straight.

Shun: "It's not what it looks like! I...I..I was just sleeping here and I woke up with her like this. I didn't know she stayed here overnight! This isn't what it looks like! Why won't anyone believe me??!!!"
Shun sobs to hisself as the rest of the group walks in the hospital room.
Iteza: "Wow. did we walk in at a bad time or something?"

Shun: (Sobbing)"No."

Daijiro: "Looks like Shun is having a good time."

Kohana stares down Shun and replies grudgingly.

Kohana: "It sure looks that way here."

Shun: (I can't win here.)

All the excitement and noise in the room had shaken Aione out of her sleep. She had been taken aback at the sight of the rest of the group.

Aione: "H...hi everyone. I didn't expect you guys to be here so early. I didn't even know I fell asleep here. I was sitting here waiting with Shun last night and didn't realize how late it was. What's everyone doing here?

Takashia: "Well we were all here to see how Shun was and spend some time with him while he spends some time recovering here in the hospital. Seems like he'll be in here for quite a bit. Meanwhile, we'll all be training and trying to get stronger in time for the tournament."

Iteza: "After that display of power between Zero and Genesis in that previous battle, we've decided that we have to catch up to Shun's level."

Shun's face switches to an expression of surprise and shock. Daijiro walks stands next to Shun's bed and rubs Shun's head. Shun smiles and waves Daijiro's hand away.

Shun: "I didn't know that our combined form was that powerful enough for you guys to have to catch up to our level."

Kohana: "According to my research, Zero's strength is above even Misery's level."

Daitaro: "Not to mention that Misery is the strongest Machina in our team. But now it seems like it's Zero."

Shun: "Speaking of Machina, how was your vacation with your dad?"

Kohana: "Yeah. What happened on that vacation that you two had to tell us about?"

Daijiro: "It's a pretty long story. But it started a while ago when our father had brought us on vacation to our usual home on the beach. We had done the usual things we do when we're on vacation out there."

Daitaro: "Horseback riding, tennis, basketball, jetskiing, and parasailing. Plus the usual beach stuff along with all the girls."

Daitaro and Daijiro snicker and laugh at a low volume to themselves as if they are sharing a memory amongst themselves.

Daijiro: "But something made us a feel a bit off when we were staying there. Father kept to himself more than usual. We also saw very little of him as well. He's usually there enjoying all of the things we do together."

Daitaro: "But things got unexpectedly different when he asked us to meet him in the dojo with our machina. Normally Raijin and Terra have a vacation of their own so they do their own thing."

Shun: "So what happened when you met up with your father in the dojo?"

Daitaro: "He had a proposal for us."

Kohana: "What kind of proposal?"

Daijiro: "The future of the family company."

Everyone's face seems to have the same suprised look on their faces.

Daitaro and Daijiro continue to tell the story in a monologue.

Daijiro: "Father?...Why have you asked us to come to the dojo during our vacation?"

Saito: "Boys. you two have grown into fine young men. I've been there for you through everything and have provided your every need and want. I spared no expense running this company and expended every resource to make things run smoothly so that you can live the perfect lives and mold you two into great men. Now that I have watched you grow into you're own and become smart, intelligent, handsome, well respected young men. I just have one simple request of you."

Daitaro: "What is it that you ask Father?"

Saito: "I want you two to take over and run my company."

Daijiro: "We don't want to run you're company Father. We don't want to run a company that profits from weapons sales and militaristic superpowers."

Daitaro: "We're tired of seeing countries destroy each other and go to war with weapons made from our caompany. Just hearing our name scares people because of what you do, Father. We're sorry but we cannot do this."

Saito: "It seems like I have no choice. I've got to level with you on your terms. But we'll do this on MY terms. Once you've stepped into the dojo, it locked us in so the only way is the beat me in a match between machina. You two and you're machina against me and my machina, Absolute! If I win, you two boys will continue the family business."

Daitaro: "When we win, we will live our lives the way we choose to. We love you dearly. We just don't want to run a company that hurts other and causes pain a suffering with war and destruction."

Daijiro: "We have to make our own futures for ourselves and live our lives the right way. Let's go brother! We've gotta fight for our future!"

-End
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone sorry for being so slow with the updates! I thank each and every one of you readers for continuing to support me. I've just been busy with new work and getting my personal life in order I'll be continuing to write and keep it coming for you guys.