Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 32: An Absolute Mess

Daijiro and Daitaro stand on opposite ends of a battlefield against their father, who has challenged them to a Machina battle to decide the future of their lives, as well as the family business. This battle will determine whether the boys will live their lives being groomed up to become future CEOs for their father's empire, or whether they can live their lives doing what they aspire for themselves. The boys' stand eye to eye with their father, who stands firm in his decision to make make successors out of his sons. Mr. Saito stands across from his sons with a cold glare in his eyes.

Saito: "Well? How long are you two gonna be standing there dawdling away your vacation?! The longer you take to decide, the less time you have to fight back. One way or another, you can't run from your destiny, boys. So...what's it gonna be?"

Daijiro and Daitaro stare at each other with a look of worry and upset.

Daijiro: "Well it looks like we've got no choice but to fight."

Daitaro: "I'm not really up for fighting against our father."

Daijiro: "Me neither. I don't wanna fight against him anymore than you do. But we have to beat him."

Daitaro: "Especially if we want to live our lives our way. We have to get through to Father."

Daijiro and Daitaro harden their stare towards their father. They stand firm against their father's glare and have nonverbally made their decision to oppose their father in an effort to control their future. Terra and Raijin take the lead and stand firm on the battle field against their father's Machina, Absolute.

Saito: "So boys! It seems that you've decided to face the music and stand up to your old man. So who's gonna attack first?"

Daitaro: "Don't fall for it, Terra. We've been around our father all of these years and have never seen his Machina in action. We have no history or recollection of its abilities."

Dajiro: "Don't take his bait either, Raijin. We don't know what Dad's Machina can do, so we have to be very careful. From the looks of things, he seems to command ice to some degree. I just hope that he doesn't pull any tricks."

Saito: "Tread carefully boys. One wrong step and both of your Machina will be popsicles. But since you two seem to be too scared to attack. I'll go first."

Saito's demeanor changes in an instant.

Saito: "Absolute, Ice Shot!"

Ice-like mist began to emanate from Absolute's body as two pistols made entirely of ice appeared in both of his hands. Absolute took careful aim at both Terra and Raijin and prepared to fire. Both boys responded quickly to avoid taking damage form the oncoming attack.

Daitaro/Daijiro: "Dodge!"

As quickly as Absolute took aim, both of the boys' Machina were able to dodge. But even their quick reflexes weren't enough. Before their feet could touch the ground, Absolute had already shot the floor with ice and had made it slippery. On landing, Terra slipped and fell onto his side. Raijin had slid and crashed into the wall. Terra struggled to raise to his feet. Raijin picked himself off of the floor using the wall as support.

Saito: "Is that the best you boys can do?! It seemed that all of that playing you've been doing with that team of yours isn't doing anything for your skills! You should just give up now!" Saito cackled.
Raijin had grit his teeth as he stood up. Terra stood and gained his balance as he changed his hand to a drill. Raijin grabbed his staff from his back and extended it. Their demeanor had changed and showed their operators that they have begun to take this battle even more seriously than they had before.

Daitaro: "Ok let's go! Shockwave Swirl!"

Daijiro: "Back him up, Raijin. Use Thunderbolt on the ground."

Terra's Shockwave Swirl had zipped left and right while streaming across the ground at an incredible speed towards Absolute. The Thunderbolt attacked aimed at the ground was picked up and carried along with the wave. Saito thought quickly on his feet and responded with a cool and calm tone.

Saito: "Polar Wall!"

Absolute's hands had begun to show the same mist that had formed when he made the guns earlier. Absolute then slammed his hands on the ground in front of him and lifted his hands quickly into the air to erect a solid block wall of ice in front of him. The wall had been constructed just as the dual attack was about to reach him. The attack had struck head-on with the wall and had tried to push through only to be nullified and bounced back.

Saito: "Nothing can penetrate that wall of solid ice. Its almost as strong as steel. As long as I can make a wall, you're not getting through. Time's running out boys!"

Daijiro: "Tchh. Damn he's right. We've got to do something about that block of ice that he makes. We've either got to get around it or pierce through it."

Daitaro: (We've got to do something. If the ice he makes comes from the ground to protect him, what if he isn't on the ground?) "I've got it! Daijiro, if the ice comes from the ground, we've gotta get him in the air."

Daijiro: "Let's try it and see what happens. We've got to put him on the defensive and make him retreat into the air."

Saito: "I don't know what it is you boys are planning but it's not gonna work at all. If you don't make a move soon, I will and that's something you don't want to happen. Come on you two."

Saito continues to taunt and provoke the boys as they plan out a strategy that could work against their father. The boys quiet down as they turn back and glare at their father.

Saito: "Come now. What's with the nasty looks on your faces? I thought you looked up to me and wanted to walk in my footsteps? I remember plenty of times when you two told me that as children. Nowadays you're both so rebellious and closed off from me."

Daijiro: "It's true, Father. We do look up to you. We admire you more than anyone else in the world."

Daitaro: "But at the same time, we don't approve of how you've made a name for the family's sake. We can't sit by and ignore all of the wrongdoings that are behind our family's name. Those crimes carry on to your children and for generations to come afterward."

Saito: "I undertand sons. But this is how I've been able to provide the best for you as well as secure our family's future for generations to come."

Daijiro: "Well then we know what we have to do."

Daitaro: "We have to just change how Saito Inc. does things. We'll take over the family business."

Saito: "Yes! That's what I've wanted to hear from you! Now just surrender and we'll-"

Daitaro: "However! We're gonna be doing things our way. We've already planned out future innovations to make to the company from the inside out. We're gonna be the new face of Saito Inc. and we'll make a better future for this company."

Daijiro: "So if you're ready for us Father. We're coming for you! Let's go Raijin! Brother!"

Daitaro: "Let's do this! Terra, Earthquake Stomp!"

Daijiro: "Bolt Flare, Raijin!"

Terra stomps on the ground with a mighty force that shakes the ground. Raijin leaps into the air and charges a huge ball of electric energy and launches it at Absolute. The earthquake unbalances Absolute and breaks the ice that coated the ground. Absolute finds it difficult to keep his balance as the incoming bolt is approaching.

Saito: "Ice Wall!"

Absolute puts his hands together on the ground to make a wall of ice appear but due to the rumbling of the ground itself, he found it difficult to make it appear fully stable. The wall came up just as the bolt made impact with it. The outstanding force of the concentrated ball of energy is pushing at the wall of ice. The wall is holding up through the force despite the earthquake that is starting to subside as well. The ice wall deems incapable as the bolt of electricity breaks through the ice and strikes Absolute directly. The overwhelming shock does significant damage to Absolute. The earthquake ceases just as the shock leaves Absolute laying on the ground. Terra and Raijin stand at the ready waiting for the next surprise. Absolute's fingers began to twitch. Absolute slowly rose to his feet with a stagger and stared at his opponents with an evil look in his eye.

Saito: "You've done it now."

-End
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long readers. Thanks for the well wishes and continued support through it all. Don't forget to recommend this story.