Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 34: Breaking Point

Raijin and Terra were frozen solid in ice blown at them by Absolute’s ultimate attack, Sheer Cold. Daitaro and Daijiro stood there speechless in shock about the current situation they have found themselves in. Their father stands there, boasting and laughing heartily at the look of victory in front of him. He can’t control his laughter as he looks down on his sons and their frozen Machinas.

Saito: “It’s over boys! Why can’t you just admit defeat and let this go?! Anything that has been frozen by Absolute’s Sheer Cold attack has never broken that ice. It’ll take days for those two popsicles there to thaw out. By the time that’s happened, you boys will be in business suits in a meeting with our company’s clients about the new future that we’re going to be taking with this company.”

Daijiro: We can’t give up…not just yet. We still have a long way to go, Father. We can’t let our futures just be snuffed out that easily. We’ve got to write our own destiny out for ourselves.”

Daitaro: “We can’t let our future be decided for us Father. We have to take in into our own hands and do what we can to live life to its fullest. And because we need to decide our own fate…”

Daitaro/Daijiro: “We can’t lose here to you, Father!”

The voices of the boys seemed to have reached the very cores of their Machina and their spirits had started to resonate with one another. The cold, lifeless Machina that stood before them seemed to have come back online as their watches began to show the status of their Machina’s operations.
The watches had chimed in and became operational once again. The looks on the boys’ faces were determined and full of hope. They exchanged looks and nodded towards each other.

Daitaro: “Terra, I know you’re in there in that ice. I hope you can listen to me well enough. Give it everything you’ve got. Use Earthquake inside the ice. Now!”

Terra had begun to use his Earthquake move from inside the ice. The dojo itself has started to rumble and shake from Terra’s shaking. Saito and Absolute stood there watching in patience and silence trying to figure out what exactly it is that his sons are planning. The ice keeping Terra frozen had started to give away. Saito, seeing what is unfolding in front of him, tries to intercept and stop their plans.

Saito: “The ice is actually breaking?! I can’t let that happen! Ice Barrage!”

Absolute created two ice clones out of the cold air and proceeded to rush at Terra from all sides. The clones closed in on Terra just as the ice shattered. The bursting of the ice created a small smokescreen that blocked the two from view. Daitaro, Daijiro, and Father Saito look into the cloud to find out the outcome of the struggle from both sides. The smoke starts to dissipate, only to reveal that Terra had taken a direct hit.

Daitaro: “Terra! Hang in there!”

Terra had taken a direct shot to the face from one of the ice clones. He had used the drills on his arms to block one clone and a direct attack from the real Absolute. The punch from the clone had make a significant crack to his facial armor. Small pieces had started to chip and fall off from his face. Angry from the resulting attack, the withstanding Terra threw a blow at Absolute that sent him flying back toward the wall of the dojo. The ice clones disappeared and shattered into cold dust. Terra stood there damaged and staggering next to a frozen Raijin.

Daitaro: “Terra, are you ok?! We’ve gotta get Raijin out of that ice! We can’t afford to lose this battle!”

Daijiro: “We’ve gotta get Raijin out of that ice somehow. Got any ideas?”

Daitaro is thinking of a plan to get Raijin out of the solid layer of ice he’s stuck in. Meanwhile, Absolute is struggling to pull himself out of the thick wall. Saito is wearing a look of anger and frustration on his face.

Saito: (How is he still able to pull that kind of energy out of him after those ice clones exhausted both of them earlier?! This is impossible.)

Daitaro: “I’ve got it! Terra use Earthquake on Raijin.”

Terra looks at Daitaro questionably. Absolute finally regains his footing as he pulls himself out of the wall.

Daitaro: “Just do it. Don’t hesitate!”

Saito: “They’ve finally reached the point of insanity. Now instead of fighting against me, they’ve decided to destroy their own Machina instead of letting me have the pleasure of defeating them myself. Let’s see how this plays out.”

Terra reaches back both arms with the drills extended and prepares to strike at a frozen Raijin. Daijiro watches in shock as Terra is about to strike his Machina. Terra’s drills close within inches of Raijin’s frozen body when Daitaro yells out.

Daitaro: “Pull back the drills just as you strike Raijin!”

Terra does as he’s instructed and when his strike is just about to make contact, the drills pull back into his wrists and strikes Raijin with both hands. The huge force that comes from the attack shakes the room and seems to make no impact on the ice Raijin is frozen inside of. Terra pulls back and stands there staring at his frozen partner. Saito stands there looking unimpressed.

Saito: “So that was you’re last ditch effort boys? I have to admit it I’ve very disappointed right now. You two are just grasping at straws and using every desperate plot you can think of and it’s really sad about now. Now how about we just end this farce and let me deliver the final-“

At that moment there was a small tremor that shook throughout the dojo floor. There was a large cracking noise that came from the frozen block. The ice starts cracking and weakening in numerous places. After a large crack and the crashing of several blocks of ice to the ground, Raijin emerges from his icicle prison unaware of the events that transpired after his imprisonment.

Raijin: “Man its col. What happened? Last thing I remember was Absolute using some weird attack and next thing I know I was frozen solid and don’t remember much else. It was like I was sleep the whole time. But my parts are a little stiff though.”

Daijiro: “Well it’s good to have you back in this battle. Now we’ve gotta find a way to beat Absolute. This battle has went on long enough. How about we finish this and move forward with our destinies as well?”

Daitaro: “We’ve got to take our destinies by the hand and run so far that no one can catch us or take them from us. Get ready, Terra!”

Daijiro: “You’re right, Brother! This time we won’t have our lives written for us, Father! We plan to take things into our own hands and forge our own destinies…together!”

Saito: “That’s the spirit boys!!! Now take that fire and strike while the iron is hot! Come at me with your full strength! Show me the power of the Saito blood that courses through your veins! Prepare yourself Absolute!”

Raijin and Terra stood in place storing and charging energy in preparation for one final attack. Absolute concentrates his energy as well. All three fighters have taken considerable damage and appear to have reached their limit. Both sides stand there battered and worn out. The winner of this battle will be decided by this one final attack from both sides. The looks of determination and wills of iron are seen deeply in the eyes of both the boys and their father as well. The air around Absolute grew thin and cold. The ground under Terra’s feet started to rumble and shake. The shocking air around Raijin was crackling with the sound of electricity. Daijiro grew impatient. Seeing his father on the other side of the arena, standing there confidently as if he had already won with a grin that reeked of victory. Daijiro decided to take the initiative at finishing off their father’s Machina.

Daijiro: “Time to show him what power we are capable of. Raijin, unleash the power of the heavens above and strike down on our enemy! Unleash Kirin!”

The stored electricity cracked into the air and unleashed and incredible energy into the sky that broke through the roof and opened the sky to black thunderclouds. The thunder rose into the clouds, where the black clouds started to rumble and boom with a powerful force. Daitaro followed shortly after. The ground under Terra’s feet shook violently. The ground started to split around him.

Daitaro: “Now it’s our turn, Terra! Let the Earth crumble and obey your every command under your feet. Summon the powers of the planet itself! Unleash Gaia’s Wrath!”

Terra began to glow as the ground shook with a tremor that seemed to rattle the very Earth to its core. The ground shook violently and charged in waves and tremors of high speed earth towards Absolute. The thunder above rumbled and a large discharge of thunder that appeared to have the shape of a dragon streamed down from above. The thunder roared with a ferocity of a dragon and charged towards Absolute with its fangs bared ready to come in for the kill. A huge smile stretched across Saito’s face.

Saito: “This is what I’ve been waiting for! I’ve been waiting to see what you boys have been holding back from me all these years! This is the power of the Saito blood that runs through your veins. You two are a part of me just as I am a part of you! Freeze everything in time! Capture this moment in a frozen hell! Absolute Zero!!!!"

The attacks ready themselves to be launched at their opponents. The Kirin attack cloaked in the clouds roars and charges at his opponent with the force of lightning down towards Absolute. The shaken and torn chunks of earth that surrounds Terra glow with a powerful glow. Terra pushes his arms out in front of him with force as the large boulders fly towards Absolute at an incredible speed. Absolute's body emanated with a cold force that even froze the air around him. Cold mist rose from his shoulders as his attack pushed forth towards the incoming attacks. The extremely cold winds and forceful energy from Absolute's attack met full force with Raijin's Kirin and Terra's powerful boulders. The struggle in power between the opposing sides created a massive bursts of winds that created large dents in the walls of the dojo. The force knocked Daijiro back on the floor. Daitaro reached out a hand and helped him back up. Daitaro spoke to his brother as he helped him but Daijiro could hardly make the words out due to the noise form the power struggle.

Daitaro: "Are you ok?! Can you stand?"

Daijiro (yelling): "I think I'm alright. What's seems to be stopping their attacks from breaking through?!"

Saito: "I told you boys! It's going to take alot more than that to stop me and Absolute. When it comes to power, speed, and defense, no one comes close to us. We're the ultimate team. Finish them off Absolute! Full power!"

Absolute seemed ot be gaining strength form the words of his operator as he started to push back the attacks launched by both of his opponents. Raijin and Terra started to feel pushed back. In the midst of the opposition, they were able to maintain their ground and stand firm.

Daitaro: "Even if you have all the power in the world, there's something that keep us going."

Daijiro: "You need a strong heart. A heart that perseveres all of the hardships and still be allows you to smile with your friends and loved ones."

Daitaro: "Courage to challenge and overcome any obstacle that stands in our way without fear and without backing down."

Daitaro/Daijiro: "To move forward as one and break through our opponents like the arrow that pierces the skies! GIve it all you've got!"

The courage from their operators words reached them and seemed to strengthen them from the inside and enabled them to begin to push back their opponent. The struggle became even then they started to push Absolute back towards the wall.

Saito: "Impossible! This can't be happening! Give it all you've got!"

Absolute put even more force into his attack, throwing his all into it. Terra and Raijin gave it their all into the attack as a white light shone from the middle of the dojo. There was a moment of silence instantly before a huge explosion shook the entire dojo.

-End