Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 38: From a Soldier to a Knight

Caliber had bent down one one knee in front of Kaida. Everyone there had looked on in a state of shock and surprise. Kohana had looked the most confused of them all. Caliber lifted his head and began to speak.

Caliber: “I have finally found you.”

Kaida: “You're that Machina from-”

Calibe rises to both feet.

Caliber: “Yes it is I. Forgive me for not introducing myself before your friends. My name is Caliber. I was the one you and your partner had faced in the forest.”

Iteza balled up his fist in anger.

Iteza: “It was you! You were the one shooting at us from the forest. How'd you find our headquarters?!”

Caliber turns to Zero and Mirage.

Caliber: “Using my camouflage ability I was able to tail the red one and the maiden.”

Zero: “I knew we were being followed but I couldn't detect where or how far behind he was from us. I've gotta hone my skills even more.”

Takashia: “So what business do you have exactly with Kaida here? I hope you aren't looking for a fight.”

Caliber: 'I didn't come here looking to fight, but to ask a favor.

Gabriel: “What kind of favor?”

Caliber: “Well ever since I lost to the Young Miss Kaida here and yourself, I've been trying to peace myself together. I had never lost a battle before then. The loss actually broke my confidence for a while. After leaving me in the forest, I shut down and awoke several hours later and started to headed back to consult with the one who hired me to take you guys out.”

Misery: “Take us out?”

Zero: “Who would order a hit on our heads?”

Caliber: “That information I don't even know myself. All I know is that they told me to eliminate the red one named Zero and they were willing to pay a hefty price for his head. I don't even know the name or face of my client.”

Zero: “Eliminate me? Who could've paid for something like that?”

Takashia: “I'm surprised that someone else besides us really know about Zero. For them to have that kind of information must mean that they really know they're stuff.”

Caliber: “Indeed. So because I lost to you and failed to finish my task, I was unable to collect my bounty. I wasn't able to even collect a percentage of what I was promised. So I've come here to offer a truce and join forces with you. With the Young Miss here.”

Gabriel positions himself in front of Kaida.

Gabriel: “Well she already has me as a partner and I think that position is taken.”

Caliber: “I see that. But there is nothing against having two partners. I need your help.”

Gabriel: “Well what do you need our help with?”

Caliber: “All my life I've lived a loners' life, drifting form place to place getting by on nothing by my own skills and power. People have spent money to use my services for many dirty deeds, but all of those clients were just using me to take care of their needs. After my loss I've examined myself. I finally someone worthy of lending my power to. Someone I'll be able to look to for strength and someone who believes in me. After seeing how you and Gabriel bond, I believe you're the only one who can harness the power I possess.”

Gabriel: “The bond we have is from years of being together, battle after battle and spending practically our whole lives together. Power alone isn't going to make a bond work. It takes blood, sweat and tears to forge a bond that strong.”

Caliber: “But that's why I want to be a part of that. I want to forge a bond with someone that I feel can harness the potential of my ability and make me stronger. I'm tired of being a hired gun that no one wants. I'm tired of being used as a hit-man to shed innocent blood for the amusement of others.”

Kaida: “I don't know. I've never heard of an operator having two Machina to battle with. I'll have to think about it.”

Gabriel: “Wait-you possibly can't be serious!”

Kaida sidebars with Gabriel.

Kaida: “I can feel his sincerity in his words. He doesn't want anyone else as his operator but me. I guess it's cause we beat him back in the forest near the hospital. My guess is that he doesn't trust anyone but me.”

Gabriel: “So what're you gonna do?”

Kaida: “I've made up my mind. I've decided to take you up on your offer.”

Gabriel's jaw dropped at the news. The rest of the guys were surprised as well. Gabriel clenched his fist and jaw as well.

Gabriel: “But...but...what exactly are you saying?!”

Kaida sidebars with Gabriel.

Kaida: “This doesn't mean anything Gabriel. I'm giving him a chance to redeem himself and do better. Everyone deserves that much of a chance in life. You, me, even the worse of the worse who are willing to turn a new leaf and do better for themselves in life are deserving of the chance no matter what. Please be nice Gabriel. I love you dearly and you'll always be my best friend and partner no matter what. Think of it as having a little brother and another partner all in one.”

Kaida hugs Gabriel tightly. Gabriel returns the gesture and hugs her back. After they release, she walks up to Caliber and stretches out her hand to Caliber. Caliber drops to one knee and takes her hand.

Caliber: “I promise to be your soldier, your bodyguard, your partner and most importantly, your friend. For all time I am yours to command. You guide the barrel and I will pull the trigger at your word. From this day I belong to you and only you my Queen.”

Kaida: “I accept you, Caliber to be my royal guard.”

Kaida giggled with a cute smile. The rest of the group were shocked at the exchange of words. Even Kohana was a little swooned by his words.

Takashia: “Sorry to break the moment here, but when are we going to start training? I'm dying to use the new system.”

Kohana: “I understand but we have to wait until-”

The warehouse door opens and Shun walks though with Aione. Shun walked in with a smile on his face and looked around at the structure of the building in astonishment. Aione walked in and looked around the place as well. Shun looked around the room and saw Caliber standing there on one knee in front of Kaida.

Shun: “Who's this?”

Kaida: “Well for starters this is my new partner, Caliber. This is Shun and Aione.”

Caliber stands to both feet and reaches a hand out to Shun to shake. Shun shakes his hand with his right hand, his left arm still in a cast. He bows in front of Aione and takes her by the hand.

Caliber: “Welcome, Aione and Shun. I must apologize to you and Zero.”

Shun appeared perplexed.

Shun: “Huh?! What for?”Zero: “He was the Machina that had stalled Iteza, Takashia, and Kaida during the fight between you and Genesis.”

Shun: “So YOU'RE in cahoots with Genesis?! Why are you here then?!”

Caliber: “No I'm not in works with this Genesis-whoever he is. I used to work with this mercenary guild that contracted and hired “workers”. Some anonymous contractor requested me because I'm the best at what I do. He never gave me any details or info but this picture of you and Zero. Once I got that picture it was just a matter of taking out my target. I have no idea who Genesis is but I was in charge of following and surveying you.”

Shun: “So you don't know who it was that hired you in the first place?”

Caliber: “Not really. All I was handed from the envelope was a picture of you two.”

Zero: “Hmmmmm...Caliber do you still have the picture?”

Caliber: “Yeah. Let me grab it.”

Caliber reaches in his cloak and pulls out a small picture of an aerial view of Shun and Zero walking down the street and hands it to Zero.

Zero: “Kohana, do you have any scan tech in your system that can scan for fingerprints on this photo?”

Kohana: “I think I have something back at the house. I'll have to take that for myself and get some results on that later.”

Caliber: “I'm sorry for any trouble I may have put any of you through. I've turned a new leaf and want to repent for my past and make a better future for myself. Hopefully I can find a better with my new partners Gabriel and Kaida, as well as fighting alongside the rest of you as well.”

Takashia: “Well to make it official, welcome to Team Generation.”

Takashia pats his hand on Caliber's shoulder and smiles.

Kaida: “But now that you're all here, we can finally get started on this training session. The Twins' are going to be showing up a bit later.”

Takashia: “Alright so what are we doing first? Sparring? Cardio? Time attack?”

Kohana: “You play way too many video games, Big Brother. The first test...is a test of life or death!!!”

-From a Soldier to A Knight-End
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been ages since I've updated. I know you guys have been anxiously waiting. But I'm coming back with even more great action and funny scenes in the future. For the time being I hope you enjoy this triple post