Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 41: Construction and Destruction

Prototype Zero Chapter 41: Construction and Destruction

The previously separated construction Machina that were in pursuit of Iteza and Tri-Blaze have now combined into one large Machina using the individual bodies as limbs and appendages. The newly formed Machina towered over the two as the behemoth blocked their way to the main stage. The water pressuring through the bulkheads began to flood and pour in from behind Iteza.

Iteza: “You can’t be serious…How are we supposed to beat that?”

Tri: “We can beat him. Just gotta find a weak spot first. Stay sharp.”

Iteza: “Right. Let’s go.”

Iteza and Tri-Blaze split off and ran in two separate directions to get past the giant Machina. The giant slammed his right arm down in front of Iteza to block his path. Iteza leaped over it and continued to run back towards the stage. Tri boosted himself into the air to dodge an oncoming left swing from the giant Machina. Tri and Iteza rushed and regrouped at the main stage of the underwater aquarium.

Iteza: “That was close. Did you notice any weak spots on that Machina when you flew past it?”

Tri: “Well not really but I may have to get in close and figure this out. There’s got to be a weak point. Nothing my flames can’t melt!”

Iteza: “Alright if we’re going to save this place and finish our training we need to do it here and now.”

The Machina began rampaging and charging towards the stage they were standing on. Tri jumped in front and began his assault on the charging behemoth.

Iteza: “Rapid Flare Shots! We’ve gotta slow him down or stop him here.”

Tri lifts his arms out in front of him and rapidly fires multiple shots of scorching firebolts towards the charging Machina. The shots are deflected as the Machina charges through them without losing any momentum. The Machina swings its arm and knocks Tri-Blaze clear to the other side of the stage and into the audience seats. Iteza staggered to his feet while looking for Iteza. He began charging heat in his boosters to propel himself to save Iteza. The Machina stood over Iteza with a raised arm, attempting to crush him under his fist. Tri's burners started to give out and fizzle.

Outside in the observation deck

Kohana: “Something's going on with Tri-Blaze.”

Takashia: “What's wrong with his burners? They're smoking as if they're giving out.”

Kohana: “He's reaching his burn limit. That's the hottest I've recorded his flames at so far. His exhaust is starting to burn out.”

Misery: “So pretty much they're giving out?

Kohana: “Precisely.”

Back in the fighting stage

Iteza: “Don't you...dare...touch him!”

Iteza's boosters began to burn white hot as he charged his flames to launch himself fast enough to save Iteza. Iteza saw the flames from the corner of his eye and ran towards Tri, trying to escape the Machina's attack. Just as the Machina struck his blow, Iteza jumped towards Tri, who had caught him in mid-air while dodging the Machina's attack. Iteza blasted the Machina's arm back and flew away with Iteza in hand. Iteza climbed onto Tri's back. The Machina started thrashing about looking for his previous target.

Iteza: “That's amazing. So now that your flames burn hotter now do you think that we can beat this monstrosity?”

Tri: “I knew I could beat him before they got hotter. I just gotta figure out where to hit him at. Seems like his defense in impenetrable.”

Iteza: “I think I have an idea of where to hit him at. When he lifted his arm to attack me, I noticed that the joints are made of the smaller Machina which are weak independently but stronger in groups.”

Iteza: “So you're saying to aim at his joints and break the main body down and destroy his foundation?”

Iteza: “Exactly. But we also need to seal this underwater leak before we're sunken with him and fail this test. We need to lure him near the main entrance bulkhead. Then we'll break him down from there and use the main body to plug up the hole. Two birds with one stone. But I need you to trust me on this one. Drop me off near the entrance and go hide somewhere with a good vantage point.”

Tri: “Okay I got you. Let's finish this.”

Iteza: “Yeah.”

Iteza got off of Tri-Blaze's back at the bulkhead entrance. Tri zoomed up into the rafters and aimed one of his cannons towards Iteza's spot. Iteza took a rock and threw it at the giant Machina. The thrashing Machina stopped his small rampage, only to turn toward Iteza and begin charging at him. Tri remained out of sight charging his cannon's fire while the flames began to burn white hot. Iteza stood his ground while the Machina began to pick up speed as he braced himself. The Machina lifted his arm and swung it downwards at Iteza. Iteza jumped to the side trying to dodge the attack. The resulting impact blew Iteza farther from the door than he had intended.

Iteza: “Tri! Now!”

Tri's cannon was breaming with white hot flames as aimed it at the Machina's legs and back.

Tri: “OVER...BURN!!!”

Tri fired the shot with intensity that caused his cannon to shatter in the barrel. The shot sped towards the Machina and blasted him with full force. The resulting impact caused the Machina to stumble and fall forward. The flames continued to burn even after impact and had caused the Machina's legs to melt and stick to the floor in front of the bulkhead door. Iteza signaled towards Tri.

Iteza: “We got him down for the time being but he can still do some damage if we don't stop him in place now. Think you have more flames to spare?”

Tri: “I think I can spark a few more flames up. Let's end this.”

Iteza: “Alright. Heat up his joints and melt him down to the entrance to slow down the water flow from coming in. Then blast some rubble and heavy rocks on top of him to further build up more blockage. I'll try and find some areas that can take a little damage to create rubble. Use Fire Blast to melt him down and once we take of him we can finish this.”

The Machina starts to reactivate and proceeds to try and rise up but notices that its legs are melted and solidified to the ground where the water is rushing and flooding past him. It's having difficulty getting up. Iteza went to other areas of the performing area and main stage to look for any leftover material from the previous construction. Iteza began melting the hands of the Machina with his new flames. The metal from the Machina began to stuck to the ground and cooling just as fast as the heat can melt it, subduing him to the ground.

Iteza: “I found some rock and large debri leftover from the construction before they went berserk. Move some of those on top of him and we can use that to seal in the water outside and prevent the place from going under.”

Tri and Iteza moved rocks over the stuck Machina. Tri blasted the rocks with his flames to melt them and mold them into the hole that's quickly filling with water. The struggling Machina attempted to move to no avail as the molten rock and heat confined him to his watery prison. The rocks melted and amassed atop the Machina and formed into the entrance to the bulkhead of the stadium and sealed in the water. Tri also melted the metal around the entrance and bulkhead metal to seal it. The water rose in the entrance behind the now cooled down molten rock and buildup, but didn't break through. Iteza and Tri-Blaze stood there ready for anything. Once they saw that they were in the clear, the both sighed in relief. Iteza fell back on the ground and laid there in sheer comfort. The buzzer sounded and the virtual simulator started to disperse as the room returned to normal. The rest of the group had come down from the observation room to congratulate the two. Iteza was out of breath and tired, while Tri-Blaze was checking his cannon for the malfunction. Iteza sat up on the floor.

Kohana: “There's a repair and medical room in the back so you can get your cannon and systems checked. Also you need to get checked out and patched up, Iteza.”

Takashia: “Yeah. I don't want to get yelled at by our moms because you're bruised up a little bit. Even though we're training we've got to keep it undercover. This tournament is gonna be the most important things we face here soon. We've got to make sure our names are known and that etch our team in Machina history for years and generations to come. You did great out there, Iteza.

Everyone's evolving and changing in amazing ways. I know we can do this guys.”

Iteza and Tri got to their feet and started to head to the back towards the medical rooms in the back. Shun, Takashia, Kohana and Kaida stood there watching them walk away as they heard the door open to see someone walk into the newly assembled Usual Spot.

Hotaru: “Yo guys! Whats going on?! Long time no see guys!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys I'm back and in full effect. A lot of things going good for me in my personal life but I've been working on the story but haven't posted in a while. But i'll be back and posting more and more. look out for it guys