Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 6: Day's End

Day's End-Begin

Shun, Aione, Takashia, Iteza, Kaida, Daijiro, and Daitaro approach Shun's house as the night sky darkens and the air becomes cooler and crisp.

Shun: “So is everyone ready to meet Zero?”

Shun opens the door as the rest of the guests take off their jackets and shoes when they step inside. Shun gets surprised attacked by a large house cat that fights him tooth and nail.

Aione: “Is this normal?”

Takashia: “Yeah, pretty much! He takes very good care of Sky but that's the way they show each other love every now and then, you know?”

Aione: “I see!”

As Shun and Sky's fight come to an end, Shun leads the way as he shows everyone else towards his room and opens the door.

Shun: “So this is my room, guys! What do you think of it? I apologize if it is a little messy I had to hide Zero in here so my mom wouldn't find him while she was cleaning.”

Takashia: “I see! So where is Zero?”

Shun: “Well I had to put him in the closet while he was resting from after that fight with Tom and Long this morning. Well here he is!I would like you all including Aione to meet Zero!”

Shun opens his closet to find that Zero is missing from the spot that Shun had placed him in before. Shun's friends look in confusion as he wonders where Zero could have gone off to.

Shun: “Hold on a second I'll be right back! I hope that zero hasn't left the house and run off somewhere! He could be anywhere cold and tired and all alone!”

Shun imagines Zero in thin rags and coughing and hungry and weak as he walks down the street where he passes out! Shun's face turns to a look of despair and worry as he searches the house room by room for Zero. He finds himself in the kitchen where he finds Zero standing there with an apron and spatula in hand.

Shun: “Zero! What are you doing in here?! I left you in the closet a few hours ago! How did you get out?”

Mom: “I let him out of that smelly locker that you call a closet! I was cleaning rooms when I found him after you left and I woke him up! He told me that was from the laboratory that your father works at and he offered to help me prepare dinner tonight. He's been so helpful since I found him! He's reduced my workload by half today which gave me a lot more time to make dinner.”

Shun: “You're supposed to be in the closet where I had left you! Why didn't you just wait until I got home so we can figure this situation out?”

Zero: “Because I don't listen to bossy brats and take orders from them neither!”

Shun: “I'm not ordering you around I just want to know why you're helping my mother making dinner!”

Shun and Zero are butting heads and arguing with each other being loud and argumentative and nearly fighting in the kitchen as Shun's mother stops the bickering.

Mom: “Shun, stop distracting Zero and go back to your guests and let Zero help me dinner!”

Zero: “Yeah, Shun! Leave the kitchen and let us finish what we're doing.”

Zero sticks his tongue out and pulls his eyelid down as an insult to Shun. Shun gets a little angry as he leaves the kitchen feeling defeated. Meanwhile upstairs, Aione and the rest are upstairs conversing as she attempts to get to know everyone else a little better.

Aione: “So how did you all meet?”

Takashia: “Well, Iteza and Kaida are my cousins. The twins have been longtime friends of mine since we were in grade school. We have been friends with Shun since he moved about five years ago.”

Daitaro: “We met Takashia when we transferred-”

Daijiro: “-into the class from another school far from our house.”

Aione: “I don't mean to be nosy or pry, but why do you talk in half sentences?”

Takashia looks away with a sense of sadness surrounding him. Kaida looks towards the Twins as they motion the permission for her to answer Aione's question about the Twins.

Kaida: “When they were both, Daitaro was born two minutes before Daijiro. Right after they were born, they both underwent emergency surgery because half of their brains weren't functioning normally. So the doctors decided to transplant half of their brains to the other twin so now they have a crazy psychological bond that allows them to know what the other is thinking when they speak which explains why they finish each other’s sentences. It's like a small exchange of thoughts.”

Iteza: “They can't read each other’s minds but they kind of get an intuitive feeling that lets the other twin know how one twin feels. It's funny when they tell jokes because they use that ability to freak out strangers and unknown people.”

Aione: “Wow that's incredible! I wish I had a twin so I can do that with! Is this an effect of the surgery?”

Daitaro and Daijiro shrug their shoulders in confusion as they look at Aione before they gave her an answer.

Daitaro: “We really don't know-”

Daijiro: “-If it's permanent or not.”

Takashia: “They can speak full sentences if they are short but long sentences are finished by the other twin. They may have that special ability of theirs but when it comes to their tag team combination can't be beat by anyone else.”

Daitaro: “Terra. Earth machina. He uses drills.”

Daijiro: “Zachirga. Thunder machina. Mine wields a bow staff.”

Aione: “That's cool. I hope I can get to see your combination in action soon one day.”

As Shun is walking up the stairs, he hears a knock at his door and the sound of it opening and closing. Shun sees a shadow enter the room from the stairs. Shun panics as he fears for his friends' safety as he hears a scream coming his room.

Shun: “What the hell is going on?! I have to go and see!

Shun rushes to the door and opens it in a hurry and enters with a surprised look on his face.

Day's End-End
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that I haven't updated in a long time! I've been so super busy with school and other extra things but now I'm back with some new chapters! This is a double posst so look out in the coming weeks for a new battle which will be updated in full! So just give a little more time!