Status: Work in progress but active

Prototype Zero

Chapter 7: Set-up

Prototype Zero Chapter 7: Set-up-Begin

Shun rushes into his room after he heard the screaming to just find his cat Sky as the center of the commotion.

Aione: “Awww! So cute!!!! Why didn't you show this adorable face to me before?! They told me that you had a cat but I thought he was old and really fat and lazy.”

Shun: (She really got a bad description from Takashia and the guys! He really doesn't act so nice around me anyway!)

Shun gives a relieved sigh and relaxes into his room as Sky settles into Aione's lap and receives a petting from Aione.

Takashia: “While we are all here, we can discuss how we are going to practice our teamwork for the tournament pairings.”

Shun: “We should practice by challenging the entire school to a-!”

Mom yells from downstairs.

Mom: “Shun?! Is everything alright? I heard screaming.”

Shun comes halfway downstairs to answer his mother.

Shun: “Yea it's alright Aione was just yelling because Sky startled her. Zero can you come upstairs for a minute?”

Zero: “Excuse me, Mama! I'll be right back.”

Mom: “Okay take your time. Don't push yourself too hard!”

Shun talks under mumbled breath.

Shun: “Hurry Zero.”

Zero: “Huh?”

Shun laughs and plays off his last comment.

Shun: “Nothing. I just want you to meet my friends. Since we are going to be partners-”

Zero: “Whoa whoa! We aren't “partners”. We just fought one battle and you took me home to let me rest. After tonight I'm leaving even though I enjoy being helpful to your nice mother.”

Shun: “Come on Zero! I want to be partners! I have no partner or friend to fight alongside with! Please Zero?”

Zero: “No! All you humans care for is your own glory and power to gain control.”

Shun: “No! Not all humans are like that! I just want a friend and partner to fight alongside with and live with. Someone that’s a good fighter and a great partner. I see that in you, Zero! I think that we can become really good friends and create a friendship that can never be broken no matter what.”

Zero gives Shun a look of conflict and deep thought.

Zero: “Give me the night to decide an answer. I will think about it overnight. Where are your friends?”

Shun: “Here there are. Everyone meet Zero!”

Everyone gives Zero a warm look filled with acceptance, welcome, and curiosity. Aione smiles at Zero and Zero catches notice of it. There is a long second of silence before Iteza spoke first.

Iteza: “So where exactly are you from?”

Zero gives Iteza a confused and contented look as he answered the question.

Zero: “Well to be honest I can fully answer that because I escaped a little while after I woke up. All I remember hearing the whole time was “the perfect weapon is getting away! Capture him at all costs! The fate and future of the whole rests in the hands of whoever gets his hands on him!”

Kaida: “Did you catch a look at who ever it was saying that?”

Takashia: “Do you remember where you were when you finally got away?”

Zero's face grows a look of sadness and disappointment!

Zero: “Well my vision was blurred so I could barely get away with my eyes alone! I had to rely on my senses! But for some reason I was able to get out because it seems like the way out seemed familiar. It was like I was there before! But I couldn't see the person that was talking.”

Daitaro: “The real question is...?”

Daijiro: “...Where did you come from?”

Zero: “I don't know that! When I rose to the surface from this underground tunnel, I was in the middle of this four-way intersection in the middle of town. I don't know much else so I just started wondering and honing my skills and meditating to see if I can find out anything about my past.”

Shun: “As I said before, he saved us from falling when we were attacked by a wind and water Machina-”

Takashia: “Did you say a wind and water Machina?!”

Shun: “Yeah! Why whats wrong?”

Takashia's eyes hold a look of anger and confusion.

Takashia: “Those Machina belong to two guys named to Tom and Long! The names of the Machina are Avian and Torrential right?”

Aione: “Yeah they are! They attacked me and Mirage this morning on my way to school! Mirage was badly injured and we had come into Shun and he tried to help us!”

Takashia: “So I see they're still using the same Machina!”

Zero: “Shun?”

Shun: “Hmm?”

Zero signals to Shun that he wants to talk outside in the hallway. Shun nods his head and gets up from his spot.

Shun: “We'll be right back guys and ladies.”

Zero and Shun walk into the hallway and begin to talk.

Zero: “Let me get back the watch.”

Shun: “Why you want the watch back? I thought you were staying at my house.”

Zero: “I'm not saying I'm leaving but I'm not saying I'm staying! I just want the watch in case I don't decide to stay.”

Shun: “What do you mean? So you want stay or not?”

Zero: “I just want the watch in case I don't stay.”

Shun sighs and takes the watch and hands it over to Zero with a saddened look on his face. Shun looks back at Zero while Zero has his back turned in thought. Shun whispers to himself.

Shun: “Zero...I really hope you change your mind. It would awesome to have a partner like you to fight alongside with.”

Zero hears a bit of what Shun had said puts his head down a little bit in disappointment.

Zero: (Can I really find any answers being with Shun? Could his friends really help me become stronger? Maybe...just maybe)

Shun walks back in the room.

Shun: “Dinner's almost done guys! Do any of you want to stay? My mom made a feast tonight and it would be enough for everyone to eat and then some.”

Takashia: “Sorry I have to decline. I have some homework and other things to do at home tonight so I can't be late. Speaking of which, I have to get going anyway! See you all tomorrow and congrats again Aione for being on the team.”

Aione: “Thank you!”

Iteza: “Sorry but we have to go too! My dad got a promotion today at work and since my mom found out earlier she's been cooking non-stop to celebrate. So I have to eat at home. Maybe next time Shun. Let's go Kaida! Take care everyone and welcome to Team Generation Aione.”

Aione: “Thanks again you guys!”

Aione: “I don't have anything special tonight so I could stay for dinner.

Shun: “Okay thanks Aione! Are you staying Daitaro and Daijiro?”

Daitaro: “We could stay but you remember...”

Daijiro: “...the last time we ate at your house?”

Shun has a mental picture in his head from when they last ate. Shun's mom had cooked fish for the night. Sky, Shun's cat took the fish off of the Twins' plates which resulted in a Machina versus cat fight that almost took out half of the house. Shun laughs to his self from the memory.

Shun: “Okay I see what you mean. So I guess I'll see you tomorrow at the usual place. Goodnight!”

Mom: “Shun! If you're having any guests for dinner it's done so come downstairs and prepare to eat.”

Shun: “Aione I guess it's time to eat. Zero are you joining us?”

Zero: “I could eat. I'll be there in a while.”

Shun heads downstairs and sits down for dinner.

Mom: “Sorry Shun but your father is still working on that project you've been waiting on so he's going to be late tonight.”

Shun: “It's okay! I can't wait for it to be finished!”

Mom: “Okay! Let's eat!”

Later after dinner

Aione: “Goodnight Shun! Thanks for the meal! See you at school tomorrow.”

Shun: “Thanks! It was great having you for dinner tonight!”

Aione looks into Shun's eyes and gets lost. Then Aione blushes at Shun and smiles. She gives Shun a kiss on the cheek.

Aione: “Thanks for trying to save me today! It was really brave and sweet of you!”

Aione walks towards home turning the corner into the nightlight. Shun closes the door and goes into his room and lays down.

Shun: “I'm stuffed! I can't eat another bite of anything for the rest of the night.”

Zero: “I think you like Aione!”

Shun: “No I don't! I just met her today!

Zero: “Right! Sure you do!”

Shun: “I have to thank you Zero.”

Zero: “What for?”

Shun: “For saving me and Aione today! I wouldn't be here if you hadn't come along and saved us.”

Zero: “It's no problem Shun! You would of done the same for me.”

Shun: “Yeah I would! Goodnight Zero!”

Shun turns over and goes to sleep with Zero lying down on a mat on the floor and Shun looking at the ceiling before going to sleep.

Mom: “Shun wake up! School starts in 45 minutes!”

Shun looks around his room and doesn't see Zero.

Shun: “Hmm...I guess Zero didn't want to stay!”

Shun stretches in front of the window and opens it. A shadow lunges through his window and attacks Shun!

Shun: “Aaaaagggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Chapter 7: Set-up-End
♠ ♠ ♠
Full battle to be updated soon! It will be a few chapters so I hope you enjoy! please subscribe and recommend me to your fellow friends!