Status: **Hiatus**

Remember When You Were a Madman? Thought You Were Batman!

Chapter 2

Dahlia’s P.O.V.

*The next day*

As I was rushing down the stairs, I heard the automatic blast of a shotgun, along with screams of civilians. Six shots followed by, the screeching tires of a vehicle speeding off from outside.

Really?! It’s barely 9.pm! Normally mayhem starts at 10:30ish!

Through the window in the stair way, I looked out and saw nothing but glass on the floor along the skid marks of tires along the street, just outside the alleyway. Then another six or seven shots with the crying sound of the vehicle trying to stop followed by a crash and shouting of civilians.

I rushed to pull out my gun, cautiously going down the stairs, but trying to be as fast as I can. When I reach the bottom of the stairs, I see there’s a rusted green car crashed out in the front of the building, into a fire hydrant. Trying not to be seen I move closer to the car. I see that two men who were in the car are dead, with a joker card on each of their laps. Blood was splattered on the inside of the windshield with bits of brain matter. The driver‘s wearing an SMG around his shoulder while the passenger had a Spaz-12 Shotgun. The men were dressed up as clowns, with make-up just like The Joker. Why would these men be dead if they look like they would work for him? And if they did then, why would he kill them?

I look and see the green shells of the shotgun on the floor, about ten to twenty feet away from the alleyway, where I saw the car speeding away from. By the spread and size of the holes where the pellets had entered the car, I noticed that they were buck-shot. I smiled; I remember when he bought his first shotgun. He was so excited! Oh, and I remember when I went and got him some shells! That little fit he threw about how they weren’t buck-shots! He had to have those bright green buck-shots…

I snap out of my daze and examine the car more. I look to find that there’s, two shots in the hood, three in the windshield, four on the right side of the car from when they tried to drive past the shooter, and two more in the rear window. I look around and I see if anybody’s in sight.

“Wow, not even a day and The Joker already has Gotham pissing their pants.” I mumble as I flipped out my phone. But before I had a chance to start dialing, someone grabs my wrist.

“What are you doing out here? Don’t you know there’s a psychotic clown on the loose,” It’s
the Batman. He grabs my phone and gracefully walks to the car, “I suppose you witnessed the shooting?”

“Not really I was coming down the stairs when I heard the shots and by time I finally made it down, it looked like this.”

“Then why are you holding a gun?” he nods his head to my magnum.

“Because there’s a psychotic clown on the loose, remember.” He chuckled a little; I think that’s the first time he’s ever laughed in public. “Besides, I didn’t do it if that’s what you’re getting at.”

He walks over to the shotgun round, by the car and picks up a few shells, and then opens a compartment from his suit stashes it away into his outfit. I give him a look of confusion, “Evidence.”

“Oh yeah, so you’re like a detective or what?

“I guess you can say that.”He says as he looks insides the car, “These men are dressed like clowns, so they must be The Joker’s henchmen.”

“It appears so.”

“But if so, then why kill his own men?” he asked himself softly, but enough for me to hear him as he looks around.

I was thinking the same thing. So then if The Batman is as baffled as I am, then maybe Jack knows I’m still alive. Wait…then why were these men here? I think I need to do some detective work myself.

“Well you should be getting back inside, miss…” he asks jolting me back to reality.

“Napier. Dahlia-Zoe Napier. But please call me Dahlia” I extend my hand out for a proper greeting. He gently shakes my hand and starts striding to the sidewalk,

“Well Miss. Napier, its best you be heading back up stairs.” He says over his shoulder as he walks away.

“Yeah, I should.” he presses a button on his wrist, The Batmobile comes speeding in as the roof of the vehicle slides open, and The Batman jumps in his car, looks at me nods his head, and drives away with the Batmobile closing.

I waited till he’s out of my sight, then I run to the side of the complex, pulled out my keys, got to my dark red motorcycle started her up, then sped off.

_______________________________________________________________________

The Joker’s POV

I stare out into the city, like it was my own. From my four story building, I could see almost the whole city through this one street I could see the buildings stacked down the road as if it was made from a small child trying to make everything so perfect with his or her building blocks or Lego’s or whatever kids play with these days. Which was actually really close, but you know what they say about perfect. All the rooms are dark all but the one I’m in that is, the only light I have, is two small lamps a T.V. and a small dome like sun roof. The goons are in sprawled by the T.V. in hopes that their latest crimes made it up on the news. I stare, and I could see a faint reflection of my face in the mirror, my makeup is fading away, you could almost see my face if you tried.

“What a bunch of no lives!” I start to shout, “That’s all they care about in the crime world, fame! They don’t know how to bring death and destruction to people’s lives and enjoy it they all go soft!”

The goons look away from the television to observe my little fit. I catch a glimpse of terror in their eyes, as I walked closer towards them.

“Uh…M-Mr. Joker s-sir? Are you alright?” one of my dumb ass goons asks. Gradually, I pulled out my pistol and placed it right between his eyes.

“Am I okay...you’re asking me IF I’M OKAY?!” I’m gripping the gun tighter, and it was almost as if I was fluttering my fingers around the grip of the gun. He’s shaking; his heart’s pounding, as if it were to explode, with sweat dripping down his face, hands getting clammy, I can see the terror in his eyes, the thought of me pulling the trigger flooded his mind

“Nah, I’m just joking with ya,” I put my gun down and through myself on my recliner. The goon just slides over to my other men. They all tune back to the T.V as if nothing ever happened, I just sigh.

All they want to do is survive. Well I want to live, not just survive. I’ll show them! I’ll show Gotham what I’m made of! But first, I’m gonna have some fun with this little hero they call “The Batman!”With my neck jerked down, adrenalin pulsing though my veins, and a smile on my face, and quoting as I say The Batman. I start laughing hysterically then one of my henchmen cuts me off.

“Hey boss!” “Somebody shot up the guys you sent to one of those small time banks near downtown! They found their bodies near some apartment complex!”

“They’re saying it was The Batman!” another adds.

“No, no, no, no, no, why would it be The Batman?” I asked fast and aggressively.

“Beeecause he’s the good guy?”

“Oh my god, I have no idea why I even bother with you loons from Arkham?” “The Batman” doesn’t use guns you idiots!” I smack him in the back of his head.

“Yeah boss your right, a witness says they saw a girl with him! Do you think she did it?” says the moron that came up to me

“Oh a girl huh,” I gave them a devious look, and burst out laughing. “I guess The Batman has a little love affair I assume, hmm?” They all nod out in unison. “Well, why don’t we pay this little angel a visit? How bout it boys?!” they all cheer as if I’ve promised them strippers and booze

“So what are we gonna do when we get there boss?”

“Well if we can find out where she lives, then we can see if she’s home and invite her over to our cozy quarters for a slumber party!” they all whoop and howl.

“SHUT UP!!!” I shouted out to these idiots.

There was silence.

“Now you come with me,” I point to the first goon. “Do you know where that complex is at?”

“Yeah, it’s not really that far from here. I passed by it yesterday when you sent me and Franky on that jewelry store robbery.”

“Good! I don’t know which one of you is Franky, but that’s beside the point!” They all laugh, and for once, I laugh with them.

“Alright sir, you ready to go then?” my henchman asks.

“In a few minutes my good man! Let me go freshen up! Don’t want our new friend to see me in such a mess!” I push the other men aside and make my way to my private sanctum.

I reapply the makeup I already had on. As I take a look at myself in the mirror I draw out my pistol and look at the engraving on the side;

Happy Birthday Jack - Love you always, Dahlia.

~~~~Flashback~~~~

“Okay Jack! Open your eyes!”I uncover my eyes and see a box wrapped in bright green and black paper. I hold the box and shake it gently to figure out what it is.

“Don’t shake it! You might break your present!” Dahlia shrieks with pieces of homemade cake in her mouth.

“Well I wanna know what you got me baby doll.” I kiss the side of her lips where she had frosting on. She kisses me back.

“Then why don’t you just open it then birthday boy.” She kisses my cheek and takes another bite of her cake. I smile and rip off the wrapping paper sending the shreds everywhere. I open the box and see the most beautiful firearm I’ve ever seen.

“Dahlia…it’s amazing…” I hold the gun making sure it wasn’t loaded and if the safety was on. I admire the green and purple neck of the gun as I gently rub the handle. I look closer and see that there’s writing on it;

Happy Birthday Jack - Love you always, Dahlia.

“Oh Dahlia, its perfect.” I press my lips hard against hers not caring about the cake pieces still in her mouth. This is the best birthday anyone could ask for. I get frisky with her as I started to kiss her neck.

“Jack…hehe Jack…”

~~~~Flashback Ends~~~~

“Joker! Ey yo sir? You ready?” one of the morons shout from the other room.

“Oh shut up you fucking half wits! I’m ready when I say I’m ready…..OKAY I’M READY!” I run out of my room and quickly out the door. I hop in the car along with my henchman and we take off.

I hope this is her, or not this is just a another murder scene
♠ ♠ ♠
hi im venom (V37VOiYi)
i am really proud of this chapter
and i hope you all enjoyed it!

please comment
i would love to hear your feedback ;D