Status: **Hiatus**

Remember When You Were a Madman? Thought You Were Batman!

Chapter 3

I pull up in to the abandon scrap yard not so far from the Wayne Enterprise building. I drive slowly through the gate trying not to draw attention to myself; The Batman has to have some space right?

I drive to what seems like an ordinary beat up 18-wheeler, but with a press of a few buttons, from a compartment that I have buried in the ground just outside the bunker that’s resting on the bed of the semi-truck and after I enter the right code the bed slides down into the ground far enough so that the bunker looks like its on the ground, then which opens up to a garage with an elevator to the Batcave.

“God, these criminals are getting stranger and stranger.” I exhale as I remove my mask. I descend a few more levels before I slide open the compartment of my suit then pull out the shotgun shells I picked up earlier. I look closer at the casing and see that they have engravings of “HaHaHa’s” all around. Well that must mean their custom, but who would customize shell for a deranged clown? The elevator stops and I put the shells in an evidence case. I walk inside my lab and notice that I didn’t leave my computers on.

“Looks like you started the party without me, Lucius.”

“Why looks like you’ve caught me red handed, Mr. Wayne.” He turns around the computer chair and smiles at me. Lucius Fox, my well trusted CEO of Wayne Interprises. He help me in ways I could never repay him back, by asisting mein bringing back my company from the bottom back to the top. Not to mention he helps me fund various activitys and supplies for The Batman.

“Lucius how are you?” I ask as he helps me remove my armor.

“Very good, Mr. Wayne, Thank you for asking,” He removes the last bit of the suit,” I’ve been looking into this new face we’ve been notified of. The one who calls himself The Joker, and might I say he is quite the character!”

“Aren’t they all Lucius? He’s just another criminal who wants all the money and power he can get, all while trying to out beat the rest of these madmen.” I put the case that holds the shotgun shells under a digital scanner for fingerprints.

“Ah indeed they are Mr. Wayne, but you don’t think that this one might be different?” he asks as he turns back to the computer.

“Oh yeah, he’s different alright! While the other criminals of the town either wear masks or shows their face, The Joker wear makeup like a clown. So I guess you’re right.” I wait for the scanner to compose a match but it can’t seem to find one.

“Well Bruce are you sure? Here, come watch his tape again.” I walk over to the computer whilst he opens a computer file containing The Joker’s video that he sent to Gotham City News.

”You see Gotham, I’m an honest man, I want to let you know why I’m here. I wanna see how much chaos and insanity I can actually cause for this good hearten town of Gotham!” I smirk at the look of this new face of Gotham.

“He’s psychotic, deranged, and completely off his rocker just like any of these crime men in this city. What makes him so different Lucius?”

“Okay here’s an example, The Maroni Crime Family,” he pulls up Salvatore Maroni’s file,
“The good men and women of this police force spent months trying to figure where their money was coming, and how they were getting it. While they were still on the short end of the stick, it took you a month to figure out how it was happening.”

“That’s because Sal owns T.N.B.G.C., (The National Bank of Gotham City), and these cops didn’t want to investigate it too much for the reason that he might damage their accounts. Now and days these cops are beginning to become afraid that these criminals are starting to take control of this town. But Batman…Batman isn’t afraid of them. The Batman gives the people hope, that someone is out there protecting them. Now as for The Joker, his just some no account no life, who just want to be the top dog. We just need to find what he’s after and bring him down.” I motion him to move from the computer and he does.

“If you say so Mr. Wayne, just don’t work yourself too much. Remember we have a big meeting with the Charity for Gotham’s Kids tomorrow! They want you to do something special for the kids at the hospital.” He walks over to his desk to gather his things.

“Don’t worry I’ll be fine!” I look at The Batmoblie’s camera files and look at the woman I met, Dahlia-Zoe.

“Hmm, that’s not Ms.Dawes.” Lucius says as he starts up the elevator.

“No Lucius its not, that’s Ms. Dahlia-Zoe Napier, I met her at the shooting earlier this evening. And she’s very polite. Kinda on the jetset life, but hey who isn’t now and days!” I watch the clip and notice how nervous she looks. She’s probably new in town; a local would have gone bonkers for Batman.

“So I guess that means Rachel is out of the picture now?”

“Well Rachel is with Harvey Dent now, I just gotta learn to move on,” he smiles as he steps into the elevator, “Goodnight Lucius.”

“Goodnight Mr. Wayne.” He smiles through the rails as he descends upwards.

A few hours go by as I continue to work on who The Joker is, and where I can start my trail. I lean back in my chair and let out a sigh. I click open a still shot of Dahlia from where she pulled her hand out to greet me. I take a sip of my warm coffee and admire her attractiveness.

She is smiling as the faint moonlight brings out her high cheek bones. Her long auburn hair brings out her dark brown eyes. Her lips are as plump as a delicate rose, while her chest is full and her body is adequately curved. I gaze across her face and notice her smile seems familiar. I zoom in closer onto her face and focus out the pixels. Her lips are spread out across her face widely as if her life depended on it. Her eyes were very beautiful, but very rogue, as if she’s been through a lot. The way her cheeks hiked up on her face seemed too oddly familiar.

“I think I’m just tired.” I mumble out as I wipe my eyes before taking another sip of the dark liquid. But I just can’t help to wonder…

I open up The Joker’s picture files I created from the video so I could a somewhat of an image of him. I look for the clearest one of him smiling and put it next to Dahlia’s photo. I look back and forth to find an analysis. That same rogue look in their eye, the wide spread smile on their face, their nose, their facial features!

Everything matches perfectly as if they were….related.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay okay, i knw its a filler, but we havent updated in like 2weeks
due to both of us being sick as fuck!

Well it looks like we have alot of fans out there!
c'mon readers dont be shy! subscribe and comment!
and subscribers, same to u guys ;D

me and V37VOiYi love to hear what u have to say!
you can even give us ideas for chapters!

oh and our first comment goes out to my lovely love bug
HerInfernalMuse
love you babe!
(psst look her up andcheck out her story!)

xoxo
Bulletproof.Heart