Status: **Hiatus**

Remember When You Were a Madman? Thought You Were Batman!

Chapter 4

The Joker’s POV

I lay head on the window as my goon drives us to the apartment complex. The cool damp Gotham air soothes my already present headache. As I observe my reflection in the mirror, I try to remember my face before the scars. I wasn’t ugly nor was I very good looking, but she…she thought otherwise, even after the scars. Every time when I had a fit about them, she was always there to comfort me. She would tell me that she doesn’t care about the scars. She loved me for me, but I still left. I didn’t deserve her love, her beauty, her kiss, the sensation from her touch. I followed her to Gotham to watch over her, when she came home from work, I always made sure that she was safe on her way home. When she needed money for rent, I always left money hiding somewhere like in her jeans or under something on the table like a book, plate, or stuff like that.

Yet, it was until that night when she finished a double shift at the nightclub she works at, it was that night I knew I had to come out of hiding.

~Flashback~

It wasn’t safe for a striking creature like her to be walking alone at night, but I couldn’t show her that I was here just yet. A bead of sweat drips down my face as I wipe a green strand out of my eye. I became so desperate for her to not recognize me that I dyed my once blond sandy hair, to a heavy dark green.

She looked so beautiful in the shimmering moonlight. Her long bright auburn hair gently floated along with every step she took. She had our mother’s sway, how her hips softly moved from side to side, almost as if she was mom. Though Dahlia had our father’s tall legs and deranged smile; both of us had his cursed smile. Yet with her like angel face, she made that smile look like heaven. She also inherited out mother’s small button nose whilst I ended up with our father’s large one.

As I started to think about it, we weren’t always as close as we were now. But with all the fighting of our parents that happened before we ran away, we really needed each other. It wasn’t until our mother died that me and Dahlia depended on each other more. We started to sleep in the same room as each other, then in the same bed. We always held each other as we slept so we can be safe at night. We gave each other kisses just as if mom never left. But as our father noticed our new attachment, he got more violent. For our safety, we stole as much money as we can from him and other relatives with the help from our cousin who made us blank checks with their signatures. And once we were ready, we headed off on our own.

At first it was hard for a fourteen and sixteen year old living on their own, but we manage to put ourselves through school and take care of ourselves without raising eyebrows. So no one could question our love with our last name, we declared ourselves a teenage married couple. Life was perfect…until the scars…

I snapped out of my little daze and continue to watch over my little flower. She didn’t know about the crazies and loons that come out at night, I wanted to warn her. I wanted to run to her and let her know that I’m alive, and that I’m sorry for leaving her. But I just couldn’t, not just yet.

Then out of the ebony shadows, this wannabe mugger with a puny pistol came up to her from behind and said for her to give him her purse. She tried to scream, but he put his filthy hands on her fragile mouth.

That’s when I lost it. I jumped from the fire escape where I was hiding and snapped his neck before he could take his next breath. I quickly hid behind a trash can, Dahlia stood there in complete shock. She then collapsed of the sight of a dead man with his neck twisted like a twig. Poor little thing, I completely forgot she’s never seen a dead person in her life. I gracefully walk over to her and lift her in my arms.

I remember carrying her body like I use to when she would fall asleep in the park. Her chest would rise slowly and gently go back down as she exhale, exactly as she’s doing now. Once I reached her door, I gently put her in her bed so she would think it was a bad dream. I removed her work clothes and threw them on the floor just how she would when she came home. Before dressing her in her night gown, I stared at her exposed body. Her breasts were perfectly shaped as they gently moved along with her chest while she was breathing. Her long slender legs were smooth as water.

I couldn’t help myself, I haven’t felt her skin on my own in years. I gently climb on top of her to not wake her, I planted sweet delicate kisses all over her neck just like I use to. I caressed her breast into my hand as I continued to kiss her face. I start to rub her silky legs delicately with my hands just how she use to like it, whilst I soothingly give her sweet butterfly kisses all over her stomach.

She then started to stir, and as quickly as I could, I put her nightgown on and made my way out of her window. As I walked back to the abandon Gotham Rec. Center, I kept thinking about her.

Someday, I will be with you again my sweet flower. Just wait a little longer…

~Flashback Ends~

The car halts to a complete stop just as my little memory ends. Whilst sending me to smack my head hard against the dashboard.

“Oh my god! Boss! I’m so sorry! I thought you had your seat belt on!” The goon says I get out of the car.

“Save your breath, I don’t want to hear it! Just keep it hot okay big guy?” He nods and I walk up the stairs not caring if I bump into someone. I reach Dahlia’s floor already out of air.

“Fuck me,” I gasp for another gulp of sweet oxygen, “Why must she live on the fourth floor!?” I open the door with a copy I made a few months back, and let myself in.

“HONEY! I’M HOME!!!” I shout at the top of my lungs. I waited to see a shock Dahlia coming out of her room scared to see me, but the place was empty. I drop my arms to the side out of disappointment, and examine her apartment. Everything nice and clean, dishes washed, coffee table nice and cleared. Like if she was expecting someone.

I walk over to the kitchen and notice a half eaten peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
“Cut across,” I pick up the half, “she wouldn’t eat it any other way.” I smile as I took a small bite of the sweet snack.

I glide over to her chambers and sit down on her bed. Ah it’s as soft as a cloud! And nothing goes better than a cloud, than a dark maroon puffy blanket, with a lavender bed sheet, topped off with two feathery black covered pillows. I finish the Pb&j, and curl up in her bed. I wrap myself deep into her scent that still lingered in her sheets.

“Dahlia, it’s like you’re here with me…” I mumble out not knowing the bedroom door opened.