Status: working on it.

My Darling

Chapter 1

Chapter 1
She was perfect.
She was the innocent girl, who had all the morals and stuck to her beliefs.
She was beautiful, and amazing, and had no flaws.
And she was mine.
I had been with Hailie for six months now, and things were going perfectly.
Nothing in the world could ruin it.
“Adam? You ok?” Hailie asked, noticing that I had been silent the whole time we’d been walking, heading towards a restaurant in the middle of the city.
“Uh… Yeah I’m fine. I’m just a little worried. Crap back at my house is pretty tight. You know how my Mom is. She pisses away all the money she makes. Paying bills gets harder every day.”
Hailie looked a little scared now. I hated worrying her. She would get the saddest look in her eyes, and it made me want to cry. I despised seeing her beautiful face unhappy. Those brilliant blue eyes, always so full of life and happiness; but when I brought up anything going wrong with my family she would tense up.
“You know, I could help you out a little. My Dad does have a lot of money saved.”
I shook my head, pushing that idea out of my mind. I could never ask her for any money. It was my Mom’s fault that all of our money was gone, and I wasn’t going to make them suffer because of that.
My Dad left when I was five. He said that he couldn’t handle being a part of our family anymore. It didn’t make much of a difference, since he spent more time at the bars than he did at home anyway. But my Mom was completely shattered by it. She never recovered, and she became addicted to any drug she could get her hands on. I couldn’t even look her in the eye anymore. We hardly spoke, except for when she begged me for money.
“We’ll figure something out. We always do,” I assured her, even though I wasn’t positive that I meant what I was saying. We were thousands of dollars in debt, Mom had lost her job, my job at Pizza Hut barely gave me anything, and our future just didn’t look too bright.
“Well alright. If you say so.”
We continued walking in silence, my fingers laced through her’s. I could tell that she was still very worried, but I ignored it. I had the only thing I needed in the whole world. And that was her.
♠ ♠ ♠
First solo story!