Status: working on it.

My Darling

Chapter 7

Chapter 7
When I woke up in the morning, I wasn’t proud of some of the things I had done that night. I got up as soon as I woke up and tried to leave.
“So you’re one of those hmmm?” I heard her say from behind me. I turned back around to see her standing there in her underwear with her arms crossed. I tried not to look directly at her, but it wasn’t easy.
“What do you mean?” I asked sheepishly.
“You think you can just bang me and take off? Hmm?” she walked over to a dresser and pulled on some shorts.
“That’s not what I’m doing.”
“Then what are you doing? Just getting up at 6 to get us some breakfast? Don’t lie to me. I know your type.”
I felt myself geting angry. “You don’t know anything about me! Don’t act like you do!”
She laughed, looking at me like I was an old joke. I got angrier every second. I wanted to leave, but I knew she wouldn’t let me. It would prove her right.
“Whatever. You can go. I’ve got more partying to do. You are no fun.”
I got even more mad. “I can be fun!”
She laughed to herself, and then looked me in the eye, standing only a few inches away. I was disgusted by her now. I hated her.
“You aren’t fun yet. But… you could be.” She reached into her purse and pulled out what looked like a small needle.
“What the hell is that?” I asked, even more disgusted.
“Just a little bit of the best heroin in the country. It gives you the perfect high for partying. Come on, try it.”
I don’t know why I didn’t just walk away. Or why I took it. But I did. And it was the worst decision I’ve ever made.
The next two days were a blur. I couldn’t remember anything about it, but it was after those two days that I decided I should go back home.
“Promise you’ll come back?” Megan asked in a sweet voice.
I smiled, but didn’t say anything. I hoped that I would never see her again. I glanced down at the marks on my arms from all the syringes. They made me sick, and I hated myself for doing all of that. I hoped I could quit before it got too serious.
Using money Megan let me borrow, I rode a train back into Portland. It felt good to be back.
“Trevor!” Madison screamed, hugging me as I entered her house. “Where the hell have you been?”
I shrugged my shoulders uneasily, not wanting to tell her everything. “Out.”
“It’s been 2 months!”
That fact shocked me more than anything so far. 2 months? That isn’t possible. It’s only been a couple of days! I tried to tell myself. But it’s true Trevor…
“I was uhh… visiting Hailie down in Colorado.”
Madison obviously didn’t believe me. I was a terrible liar and she could read me like a book. “Then how come your mom knew nothing about this? And how come when Hailie called me a month and a half ago telling me that you left her, and that she had no idea where you were either! Explain yourself!”
I grabbed Madison and pulled her into a tight hug. “I met someone else.”
I decided to tell her about Megan and the crazy partying, but I left out the part about the illegal drugs. I didn’t want to worry her.
“You’ve never been a partier. This is all so unlike you.”
I shrugged my shoulders, thinking the exact same thing. “Maybe I changed.”
With that I left, hoping I could figure things out for myself. I walked along the train tracks of town, hoping to get a clue as to what was happening to me. Then a familiar person snuck up behind me.
“Hello Trevor.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello readers, I hope I have more than just Madison reading this... lol... I love you Madison! This one's for you!