Status: This is going to work! :))

Her Guardian Angel

.02

Image

-Jyrki's Point of View-

Not only was I tired of the snickering and random comments being shot at me from behind, but I was also tired of Bazie lecturing me. So, my mate happens to be five years old instead of a sexy teacher. Could it really be that bad? Of course, I would have to wait several years before making my move, but for now, talking to her was all I needed. I had to get her to trust me, let her grow up around me so she would be used to me.

"Do you know what will happen if her parents find out about this?" Bazie asked, running his hand through his hair as he took a long drag off of his cigarette.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm sure it'll end very badly, but once I get her to trust me, I can just tell her no one can know about me and it'll be okay."

"I'm so glad you think it's that easy, Jyrki. If you've never noticed, five year olds have big ass mouths and tell everyone everything. So, what are you going to tell her?"

Jussi and Timo laughed, walking up next to us.

"You know, you could always tell her you're her imaginary friend." Timo said, smiling.

"Mhm, I'm sure that'll work," Bazie smacked him upside her head, making a face. "Other people can't see imaginary friends, dip shit."

Jussi shook his head, "How about you just tell her that you're her guardian angel or some shit? She'd believe it. You look kinda ancient."

I'm not sure if they could tell that I was in a bad mood or not, but I was pretty much getting there. All of them had bad suggestions. Bazie wanted me to leave her alone and never talk to her again, Timo wanted me to become an imaginary friend, and Jussi wanted me to become a guardian angel. None of this is what I wanted.

I kept my mouth shut the rest of the way to my house. Jo aka Mama Trash, all of the boys mates and Archzie were there, sitting on the porch. Jo was more excited than any of us. She had waiting a long time for me to actually find someone, so when she found out that my mate was in this city, she freaked out and insisted on coming and bringing everyone along.

"So, what happened!?" She asked, bouncing over to me. When I didn't say anything, she frowned a little. "Oh, god. Please don't tell me she's like, a seventy year old woman or dead."

Bazie laughed a little, "Oh, she's very much alive and no where near seventy. Isn't that right, pedophile?"

I flipped him off, walking around everyone. Quiet is what I needed. I needed to think, sort some things out. I needed to figure out my next move.

I walked into my room, falling down on my bed. I sighed, staring at the ceiling. Jo, of course, had to ruin my alone time by barging in. I glanced over at her and smiled a little bit.

"What can I do for you today, lovie?"

"You know what, old man." She walked over, taking a seat next to me. "Tell me about her. Everything you know. I need the details because Timo, Jussi, and Bazie are all laughing to much to tell me anything and you know how much I hate being left out of things like this. I just have to know what's going out an..."

"Jo! Jesus, calm the fuck down."

"But Jyrki, I just have to know. What she pretty? Tall? Have any kids?"

I let out a long breath, then sat up, running my hands through my hair. "She's not tall, she's beautiful and age will make her ever more stunning, and it would be impossible for her to have kids."

"Is she already a vampire?"

"Jo," I laughed a little, trying not to picture her face expression on her face when I told her the next fact. Of course, that was a little hard. "She's not a vampire. She won't be for a while because she's only five."

Jo's mouth fell open, her eyes wide. I couldn't tell if she was shocked or if she thought I was just fucking with her. She uses that face expression a lot when hanging out with us.

"Are you dead serious?"

"Well, technically, I'm dead and I'm being serious. If dead serious is what they call it these days, then that's me."

"She's seriously only five years old?!"

"Mhm. Believe it or not. I saw it with my own two eyes. A little five year old running around a playground with her friends on her first day of school."

Jo shook her head, looking away for a moment.

"What's her name? Does she have a brother or sister?"

I smiled, "From what I know, her name is Elaina Rose Schieppati. She has a twin sister, Angelica, and a older brother, Brandan. I've yet to find out if she lives with her parents or not. Bazie panicked and pulled me away before she got a chance to come over and talk to me."

"Oh, well, you should have known he was going to do something like that. He likes being safe and not take any chances."

Rolling my eyes, I laid back down on my bed.

"I think I should go back."

"To where?"

"To see Elaina." Jo looked at me quickly, smiling. "I mean, I want to know what she's about and she'll be going home soon. I could take a little nap, get some of my energy back, then make a little pit stop at Elaina's house before or after I go hunting."

"You know, I think that might be a great idea." She got up, bending down to kiss my cheek before heading for the door. "Sleep well, sweets. I'll wake you after sunset."

I smiled at her, rolling over and shutting my eyes, letting Elaina's pretty face invade my dark dreams.

*****

"Dude," Archzie jumped back again Bailey, his mate, making a face. "You're hair is fucked up. Did you not look in the mirror before you walked out of your room or something?"

"I obviously just do not care about my hair looks at this point in time. I have no one here to impress."

"Why don't you invite Elaina over for a little tea party?" Jussi picked. "I'm sure she'll be down for it. Just be sure to pull out Bazie's collection of teddy bears before she gets here."

Timo, Archzie, and the girls laughed, pointing at Bazie. To bad Vampires couldn't blush. If face would have been red. You could tell from the embarrassed face expression he had going on.

"Jussi, that was a little uncalled for." I said, trying to not laugh as I turned to Bazie who was laid out on a couch with Tera, his mate. As I began to say something to him, laughter took over me. "You know what, just never mind. I need to go get ready to go out. Who is going to accompany me?"

Jo raised her hand, running after me as I made my way up the stairs back to my room.

As I finished getting ready, Jo smiled at me.

"Are we going to Elaina's first or hunting?"

I glanced at the time, thinking it over. We had all night to hunt, but the little girl would be going to be pretty soon and he really wanted Jo to see her.

"Elaina's. I think there are woods near her house for us to hunt it or something."

"Maybe her parents or whoever she lives with can be a snack." Jo said, laughing as she got up off my bed to follow me out of the room.

Thankfully, no one was in the foyer or anywhere in sight as we slipped out of the door. It was a bitch to get away from them without them wanting to tag along. That was really the last thing I needed tonight.

*****

Jo gasped, smiling when she saw Elaina sitting in her back yard. She was swinging with her twin sister, talking about their day at school.

"Aw, she's so cute, Jyrki," Jo said, nudging me in the side. "Can we keep her?"

I shook my head, rolling my eyes are her as I looked back towards Elaina and Angel. The girls jumped off the swings and began playing with some dolls they had laying around. They laughed and played for the longest time. That was until Elaina brought up the man in the trees at school. Angel looked almost terrified as Elaina started to talk about me.

"Elaina, that's bad. What if he like, comes and takes you or something? Mom and..."

"Oh, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't care," Elaina continued to play with her little dolls. "And this man didn't look scary at all. He didn't scare me. He looked nice."

"You said he was wearing black and he was tall and he was hiding in the trees and..."

Elaina looked up at Angel, making a face. "Everything scares you. If you saw him, you'd think he was nice, too. Of course he was tall and dressed in black, but that doesn't mean something is wrong with him."

Angel eyed her sister. She didn't believe Elaina, I was sure of it.

Before Angel could argue anymore, two adults, I'm guessing it had to be her parents, walked out. The woman didn't look mean, but when she opened her mouth, nothing but mean words came out at the girls. The man snatched Elaina up off the ground by her arm and shoved her towards the house with Angel running behind her.

Jo looked at me, placing a hand on my arm.

"Jyrki, we better go. I don't think this kind of environment is good for you."

I wanted to get Elaina. Something told me not to leave her there, but what was I to do? I couldn't take her with me. She was just a baby. She wouldn't understand why I was doing it.

In my mind, I knew I had to save Elaina. If it's the last thing I will ever do, she was going to get out of that house.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this chapter was pretty sucky. I didn't really put any effort into it at all. Both times I worked on it I was half way asleep and not really feeling to great. If there are any typo's, please over look them until I get the time to fix it.
Uh, yeah, on another note, I had another story I wanted to write as well. When I get it out, I'll be sure to let you guys know if you'd like to read it and whatnot.
Anywho, comments make me keep writing, they make me all happy and junk.
I hope you guys enjoyed.