Status: Active!!!

Life is Just a Way to Pass Time- The Average Life of a Less than Average Girl

Clique-y Lunches

Sammi maneuvered her way around the groups of people that so rudely decided that stopping in the middle of the hallway was so cool.
"Excuse me, sorry, 'scuse me!" she mumbled, trying to make her way to the cafeteria.
"Sammi!" a familiar voice called. Sammi swung around, looking for Jake.
A hand covered her eyes and she shrieked.
"Jacob Phillip Caruso!" she scolded. Jake cringed- he hated his full name.
"Hey, not nice!" he pouted. Sammi giggled.
"'Sup, nerds?" Savanna approached them.
"Lunch!" squealed Jake like a five year old. Sammi wasn't listening, her eyes were scanning the lunch room, landing on the "popular's" table. She sighed wistfully.
"'Ello? Earth to Sammi!" Savanna's call brought the girl back to reality.
"Wha? Oh, yeah, lunch." she led her friends to there regular table-passing the goths, emos, anime freaks, jocks, JV jocks, band kids, cheerleaders, an populars.Sammi sighed again. Why was lunch so clique-y? Every person had their own group. Sammi's group was the kids that were quiet, except around friends. Greeting her friends, she sat down and pulled out the contents of her lunch. A sandwich, apple, and Doritos.
"So, anyone gonna see that movie with me?" Jake asked. Sammi glanced over to her friend, Kelly. Kelly was to shy to talk to anyone but her, Savanna, and her other friend, Liz.
"I will!" called a very annoying voice, very seductive. "Scoot over, uh...kid." Sammi turned and looked up to see Mark. jeez, he can't go one day without tormenting one of us.
Sammi obediently moved over to make room for the football/baseball/soccer/basketball jock with amazing hair, amazing teeth, amazing body. The entire table got silent. To be honest, none of Sammi's friends really talked to anyone outside of their group.Mark looked at the table and everyone kind o avoided his glances, continuing on with their conversations. "Ooh! Oreos!" Mark reached over and grabbed a handful of the cookies from Savanna's lunch. She glared at him, but said nothing.
"So, Jake-y, I'll go see a movie with you! We can go see that new one! Then we can go make out in the corner like total fagots!" he said in a mockingly flamboyant tone. Jake lowered his head and began to eat his lunch. Savanna gasped and Sammi froze. No one talked to Jake like that. Sammi's fist clenched and she turned to glare at Mark. Mark guffawed, but looked at her and froze. The whole table got quiet.
"Please get out o my seat, Mark." she said quietly, but firmly. Mark chuckled.
"Yeah, why not. I was done here anyway." He got up.
"Buh-bye." he said in a mocking tone. He walked away, casting one last glance at Sammi. She just glared at him coldly.
Jake sniffled.
"Aww, Jake, don't cry! He's an ass." comforted Savanna. Sammi turned her attention to her friend.
"It's 'k." said Jake, wiping his red eyes. Sammi came over to him and gave him a hug. Jake hugged back and whispered thanks. She shrugged then went back to eat her lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
It took a long time to write this chapter :/ Kept getting distracted.