Status: Active!!!

Life is Just a Way to Pass Time- The Average Life of a Less than Average Girl

"Paparazzi"

"Ma, I'm home!" Sammi called out as she trudged through the house's door.
"Saveria SanMarino! I just got the baby to sleep and you barge through the door." Mrs. SanMarino scolded her. Sammi sighed. Only her mother called her by her full name.
"My bad." she said with an edge of sarcasm.
"Don't get an attitude, young lady!" Mrs. SanMarino scolded.
"Yes, Ma'am." sammi replied neatly and meekly. Rolling her eyes, she marched up the stairs to her room.
"Out." she stood in the doorway of her room and ordered her younger sister. Bella, twelve years old, rolled her deep brown eyes.
"Says who?" she asked, twirling her short dark hair around a finger.
"Uh, me. You're in my room!" Sammi chided. Bella sighed.
"Whatevs, Saveria." Sammi cringed when Bella said her full name.
"Out." she said again. Bella rolled her eyes and walked out.
"Brat." Sammi said under her breath, walking into her soft pink room.
"Ummph." she collapsed down onto her bed, staring up at the scattered glow-in-the-dark stars that resided upon her ceiling.
Today had been...eventful.
Psh, what was the world coming to when a popular jock making fun of your best friend's sexual orientation considered eventful?
"That just proves that my life is officially the most dull." Sammi muttered to herself with sarcasm and just a shade of contempt. That sad part was that the same jock who made fun of Jake had once been Sammi's best friend. Neighbors since birth, they were like family, inseparable, even.
In fact, Sammi's window faced Mark's. A long time ago, they had stayed up till unholy hours, talking via paper and markers.
When did that all change? Sammi thought to herself sadly. Was it when he joined the football team and she joined science Olympiad? Or was it before then? In eighth grade when he went to Carly Sisoy's pool party whereas she ever got invited? Either way, it had been a while since they last talked, except when he and his new friends had resolved to making fun of her "group." The small group of smart, quiet, rich kids that, too most, had nothing important to say. The clean-cut, all-American nerds that played too many video games and not enough football. The modestly-dressed, barely-there make-up wearing girls with clean, wavy, curly, or straight hair that was naturally colored- never dyed black or outrageous colors, or cut in weird styles. The group that listened to regular pop music, not emo, scream-o or rap. Just regular people.
Sammi sighed and rolled over to grab her Ipod. She was feeling down. At the end of the summer, to fight of the feeling of sadness that came with the end of summer, she and Savanna had found that dancing to music would improve their moods. Even if Sammi couldn’t dance for crap, it made her happy.
“Paparazzi” by Lady Gaga popped on in her ear buds, and Sammi grabbed a hairbrush and leapt to her feet. She danced around her room, lip-singing.
We are the crowd, we're c-comin' out
Got my flash on, it's true
Need that picture of you
It so magical, we'd be so fantastical

Leather and jeans, garage glamorous
Not sure what it means
But this photo of us it don't have a price
Ready for those flashing light
'Cause you know that baby, I

I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me
Papa, paparazzi
Baby, there's no other superstar, you know that I'll be
Your papa, papara
aHAH!AHH!

Sammi stubbed her toe on her desk and fell on her rear.
“Damn it!” she whispered to herself, rubbing her sore rump.
“Shoot! The window!” The curtains- belonging to the one window facing Mark’s room- had been left open! She rushed to shut the heavy material, but not before noticing Mark’s sandy-brown colored hair of head and his broad shoulders shaking with suppressed laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again! I do not own Lagy Gaga or ANY of her songs!
Comments=love :)