‹ Prequel: Before the Fame
Status: Completed! :)

Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress

Choices

I decided to let Skandar wait until after I come back from California before giving my decision and boy was it a hard one to make. I had only been gone for less than 24 hours from the Narnia gang and I already missed them. But on the bright side, this was my only chance to stay in the States for a couple of days until again in June.

“Hey, Sammy!” Joe exclaimed happily, crushing me in a bear hug.

I gave him a small smile, not bothering to give him a forced reply and as usual, he understood why. I was going to be around Nick for a full 2 days and since it was leaked that he and I were going to record a song together, the paparazzi as well as the fans have been going crazy.

“So”, Nick began, walking from the living room to the front door where Joe wouldn't let me pass from, “what do you want to do first?” he asked with a smile.

“First”, I began with a small smile, “I want a smoothie.”

Nick laughed, nodding his head in agreement. Joe didn't listen.

“Ooh! Smoothies! Good choice, Sammy!” Joe said excitedly.

“Did you check your sugar?” I asked Nick in a knowing tone.

“Yep, right before you came. I could use a smoothie since it's kind of low”, he replied, grabbing a sweatshirt.

“Mom! We're going out!” Joe yelled as he grabbed his coat.

“No way! You are not going with us”, Nick retorted. I laughed, a real smile appearing on my lips as Joe pouted.

“I'm not falling for that, Joe”, Nick said in a harsh tone. I knew he was playing, though and so did Joe.

“Fine, but take care of Sammy, OK?” he threatened, wiggling a finger in front of Nick's face.

Nick swat it away, opening the door as Joe took my suitcase upstairs to which room, I didn't know. I thanked him quietly and we went our way.



Eventually, we made it to a local smoothie shop where I got a medium, strawberry smoothie while Nick got a strawberry banana smoothie. I smiled as I took a sip of mine as we looked at horizon in Nick's new mustang, sitting on the hood of his car.

“So, how long are you back for?” he asked, glancing at me, then back at the view.

“Only until Tuesday night”, I replied casually.

We sat in silence for a while before Nick spoke again.

“I'm glad you came, Sam. I didn't want to sing that song with anyone but you.. I-”, he began, but I cut across him.

“Don't worry about it, Nick. Please”, I said in a low tone. I knew he was going to say something that would touch my heart and I didn't need that.

“Just hear me out, please”, he begged.

I looked at him, his eyes searching mine. I gave him a cold look, hoping I could block out my emotions.

“I-I used to be able to read you like a book, but now”, he said, sighing for a moment, “I'm sorry for what I did. I truly, truly am sorry.”

“If you're sorry and you regretted it, then you wouldn't have even kissed her in the first place. You knew how I felt about Miley, yet you just completely disregarded how I felt and said over and over again that nothing was going to happen, but I wasn't stupid, Nick. You succumbed to her and completely forgot about me”, I said, choking up.

I didn't care if I cried right now. This was how I truly felt and I never told him that before.

“I loved you more than anyone and-you were my rock, my entire world, but you threw it to the wind when you saw her”, I said, sniffing a little.

Nick looked pained, seeing me cry. It was only on rare occasions in which I let anyone see me cry, even to Nick.

“That was my downfall, my stupidity, I'll admit that and I won't ever stop apologizing to you. Sam, I-”, he began, but I got off the hood of the car, grabbing my smoothie.

“Don't you even say it, Nicholas. Don't you dare utter those words. I already know you don't-won't mean them”, I got out, a tear sliding down my cheek.

“But I do, Sam! You have to believe me. Please, just hear me out-”, he began, but I cut across him.

“Please don't do this. What happened to yesterday with the whole, 'As much as I love you, go after him thing'?” I asked, sniffing again.

Nick's eyes started watering themselves.

“I lied, Samantha! I love you, Sam and if you don't choose me, then I understand, but I want to tell you that my love for you won't ever change. Even if you're with Skandar”, he said his name with anger, “I won't stop loving you. We can record a thousand songs and you can be overseas for 50 years and that wouldn't make me love you any less!”

More tears fell from my eyes, but my voice didn't break.

“I believed you once and you broke my heart. I can't believe you again. I understand what you're saying, but this”, I said, pointing from he and I and back again, “can't work again. It won't work.”

Tears fell from Nick's eyes and it hurt me, more than anything ever.

“I-I know that's how you feel and I'm sorry I broke your heart”, he began, his voice quivering, “but please just give me a chance to be your friend again at least.”

I didn't know what to say. I was making Nick cry, but I couldn't give him what he wanted. I wanted to be with Skandar, or at least, that's what I thought I wanted. I was emotionally torn.

“Do you remember the song I wrote last year about you?” I asked. He nodded, wiping his tears away.

“I'll never forget about us, but I'll be your friend. As much as it pains me to continuously hurt you by not being with you, I'm willing to at least try to be your friend-to start over on a clean slate”, I said with a small smile.

Nick slid over the hood to my side and engulfed me in a hug.

“Thank you”, he whispered into my hair.

I smiled a little brighter as the memories flooded my mind. I missed hugging him like this, but I knew this was only a comforting hug, not romantic.



“So, who should sing what parts of the song?” Nick asked, plopping down next to me in his bed.

We hadn't told anyone about us being friends again, but pretty much everyone got the hint. Currently, we were trying to work on the song, me sitting Indian style as I had a pen and memo pad in my lap, tapping the pen to my chin. Nick had his shoes and sweatshirt off, acting strictly friendly to me. I was grateful for that.

“Um, let's try going over the song again”, I said, skimming the lyrics we had wrote.

Nick got behind my shoulder, thinking in concentration about the song.

“I got it!” he said suddenly, causing me to jump and fall off the bed.

I scowled at him as he laughed, but helped me off the floor.

“I'm sorry”, he said sheepishly with a smile on his lips.

I rolled my eyes.

“Sorry my ass”, I replied, pulling my hand out of his. He smirked, picking me up and throwing me off his shoulder causing me to squeal.

“Nicholas!” I exclaimed in shock. This was something he used to do to me when we were together, well, when we were in the process of it, anyway.

His melodic laughter filled the air as he plopped me down onto the bed, landing on top of me gently. Giggles erupted from me as we both laughed, truly laughed. I thought about how we used to laugh like this, which wasn't in public due to our private natures.

Nick rolled to my left and we stared at the ceiling.

“What was your idea again?” I asked, almost forgetting.

“How about if we shorten the chorus the third time it's sung? It sounds better that way”, he said casually.

“OK”, I said, a yawn escaping me as I was thinking it over in my head as I felt myself getting tired.

That was one thing about me. If I don't take a nap or go to sleep after I get off a plane, I'll pass out hours later and now would be hours later.

“Wanna go through it at least once?” he asked, stroking my hair lightly.

“Mmm-mmm”, I answered sleepily.

“Goodnight, Sam”, he whispered before I succumbed to the darkness once more.



“So, you decide to fall asleep next to him?!” Joe exclaimed incredulously.

“Shhhh!” I said harshly.

It was the next day and I told Joe what happened after he busted Nick and I passed out on his bed. Joe was pissed.

“And just what are you going to do today, hmm? Pretend as though it never happened?” he asked angrily.

“What the hell is your problem, Joe? I fell asleep in his room on his bed!” I replied.

“Snuggled up next to him, yeah! And what about Skandar? Weren't you supposed to be dating him?” he retorted.

“Oh my gosh! I know that, Joe! But technically, we're not together. I'm not leading Nick on or anything, I just haven't chosen whether or not I want to be with Skandar”, I admitted.

“Well, you'd better choose soon”, he said in menacing tone.

“Why soon?” I asked in confusion.

“Because if another magazine took a picture of you guys and your mom found out, she'll be pissed”, he replied, brushing past me.

I groaned in frustration. What was Joe's problem?

What if I said I'm not like the others?
What if I said I'm not just another one,
your place, you're the pretender,
what if I said I'll never surrender?

What if I said I'm not like the-


I answered my phone already knowing who it was.

“Hi, Samantha”, Skandar said in a quiet tone.

“Hey, Skan! How are you?” I asked. It felt SO good to hear his voice. Wait, what?

“I'm great, actually. I-we miss you”, he said sheepishly.

I blushed like a mad woman.

“I miss you, too”, I replied, a large smile now on my lips.

“When will you be back?” he asked inquiringly.

“Tomorrow night, probably Wednesday morning US time”, I said with sadness. I heard him sigh deeply.

“Um, you know we got the packets with our lines in them already”, he said with a hint of cheerfulness in his voice.

“Really?” I asked excitedly. I was ready to work with Skandaron the film. A light laugh sounded on the phone, making me smile even brighter.

“Yes. I've read the first part and the first scene involves us 'running into each other'”, he said as though he was reading the last four words from the paper.

“Good”, I said. “I-I mean, cool. I can't wait to get back”, I stammered.

“To see me?” he asked with a hopeful tone.

I giggled, admiring his curiosity.

“Maybe”, I replied in a shy tone. I heard someone calling his name on the other side which sounded like Andrew. I smiled.

“Bogger. I'll phone you later, Sam, alright? I have to get back to Andrew”, he explained.

“That's fine. You can text me when you're not busy. I'll be in the studio today and maybe I'll let you get to hear me sing again”, I bargained.

“Maybe. Oh, and one more thing”, he said suddenly.

“What is it?” I asked curiously.

“I'm sorry about how I acted before, you know, a few days ago? I was out of line and I was immature. I hope I can make it up to you”, he said in a kind tone.

I bit my lip. He admitted he was being immature? That's a good sign.

“Of course you can make it up to me. Surprise me?” I asked.

“Definitely”, he replied.

“Get going”, I said with a laugh.

“Oh, right”, he said as though he forgot. “Bye, Sam.”

“Bye, Skandar”, I said, biting my lip just as I ended the call.

I knew what I wanted to do but either way, someone was going to get hurt. All I have to do now is record the song with Nick so I can get back to Skandarto film the movie. I think I can survive the next 24 hours now with Nick not being...difficult.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, readers! I decided to update now since it's RIGHT before I have to go to class, so, you're welcome!

The song that was used in this chapter is called The Pretender by the Foo Fighters.

I just typed up the last chapter, 23, last night and I was almost in tears. :(

I hope you guys like the story and how it progresses, so, please keep reading and commenting.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe!