‹ Prequel: Before the Fame
Status: Completed! :)

Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress

Recovery

3 months passed and what a horrible 3 months it had been.The Last Time had been postponed until next year, seeing that it would be too stressful on Georgie and Skandar whom were currently filming Voyage of the Dawn Treader with their new co-star, Will Poulter. Anna was in college as was Will and I was working on some more songs since I was begged by the UTA to write some more. Through it all, I'd spent the past few months in Physical Therapy and seeing a psychologist once a week to “ensure my overall mental health”.(My mom made me see the psychologist for publicity reasons) Skandar and I have been trying to move on from the day I got shot, but I kept having a relapse the same day every month.

I hadn't spoken to Nick in the past 3 months since according to Joe, Nick has started seeing the mystery girl, whose name I'd learned; Mollie. I couldn't believe it. How the hell could Nick move on from Miley to Mollie that fast? Oh, well, it was no matter to me. I didn't tell Skandar about Nick kissing me in the hospital that day, so I tried to bury that as deeply as I could.

Currently, however, I was in Florida, meaning that I was away from Skandar again. We'd tried our best to see one another, but the last time I saw Skandar was in June. Now that I come to think of it, we hadn't spoken much since June...

Because I'm broken when I'm open,
and I don't feel right when you're gone awaaaay!

Because I'm broken when I'm lonesome
and I don't feel right when you're gone away!


“Hey, baby”, I said with a smile.

“Hey”, he replied. I heard a lot of chatter and a girl's laughter whom I didn't recognize.

“Wh-what's going on? Are you having a party or are you around a lot of people?” I asked, trying not to think negatively.

“I'm out with Liberty, my friend. You remember, right, Sam?” he asked, raising his voice as I heard her laugh louder this time.

“Erm, yeah. She's one of your close friends, right?” I asked, scratching my forehead as I picked up a pen and some paper as I tried to think of a song to write.

“Yeah. We're at one of her friend's parties. I missed your voice, so I called”, he said quickly.

“No offense, babe, but why don't you just leave?” I asked completely confused by his quick tone.

“It's not like I can just leave, Sam. I haven't seen my friends in a long time and this is one of my breaks, which they surprised me by showing up”, he explained a little heatedly.

“What the hell is your problem? Why do you keep calling me Sam? You usually call me Love or something. Is everything OK?” I asked.

“Skan! Come on! It's your turn to drink now!” a girl, whom I assumed to be Liberty, called in the background.

“I'll be right there!” he called back with a laugh. “Sam, I don't want to argue about this right now, alright? I'll call you later”, he said in a frustrated tone.

“You know what, don't call back”, I concluded, hanging up on him.

I was fucking pissed! How can he be at a party, getting upset at me and started acting weird towards me, but when Liberty asks for something, he's totally happy? It's like-

I gasped, my mouth shaking. I didn't want to believe it, but I had to. I picked up the phone, dialing the one person I hadn't spoken to in what seemed like forever in these past few months.

“Hey, Sam. Is everything OK?” he asked. I heard Nick's giggling which stopped immediately after Joe's question.

“N-not exactly. I just talked to Skandar and he's been acting weird”, I said, my voice trembling.

“N-Nick! Stop it!” a girl squealed.

“Will you two cut it out?!” Joe yelled angrily. “Acting weird how?” he asked me in a more gentler tone.

“Right now, he's at a party which some of his old friends, including his best friend, Liberty is at and they're drinking and stuff but the entire two minutes that we talked to one another, he kept calling me Sam, so when I confronted him about it, he got pissed and said he didn't want to argue about it so I told him not to worry about calling back and I hung up on him”, I rambled.

“Fuck. OK, did you want me to meet you somewhere?” he asked. I heard shuffling in the background.

“Joe, you can't just book a flight here. You have to stay in Canada”, I protested.

“Th-then come with us”, he said suddenly.

“What?!” Nick, Mollie, and I said in unison.

“What? It's not like you love being stuck down there in Florida and it's no fun being alone”, Joe argued.

“But what about the media?” I asked. I seriously didn't need anymore rumors flying around right now.

“Forget the media! Just come here. You need to be around people that care about you, well, besides your family who is on a completely different schedule than you are, so we're your only option”, he replied.

I bit my lip as I thought it over.

“For how long?” I asked.

“Who cares? I'm sure Dad will pay for your plane tickets if you stay longer than two weeks”, he said in a serious tone. I could imagine the eye roll.

“Fine”, I said, caving.

“Good. Just catch a plane tonight and we'll go shopping tomorrow”, he said with certainty.

I sighed deeply, grabbing a bag, throwing a few items in.

“Alright. I'll see you soon”, I said with a slightly cheerful tone.

“See ya, Sammy!” he said excitedly before hanging up.

I laughed. This had to be one of the craziest ideas Joe has ever come up with.



I arrived in Canada about 3 hours' time, making it at 6pm. I somehow found the hotel that they were staying in and was greeted of course, by Joe.

“Finally!” he exclaimed happily, crushing me in a bear hug.

I laughed, dropping my bag to the ground.

“Nice to see you, too, Joe”, I got out.

“Jeez, Joe, stop suffocating her”, Kevin said with a huge smile on his lips. Kevin and I got along more than Joe and I, but we competed even more when we played Guitar Hero.

“Oh. Sorry”, Joe said, practically dropping me to the ground.

Kevin rushed to my side, helping me up and even picked up my bag.

“So, Samantha, what a lovely surprise it is to see you here”, he joked.

“I think I must be at the wrong place. I was supposed to meet a group of musicians named the Jonas Brothers. Have you seen them?” I played along.

“Nope. Can't say I have”, Kevin replied, hugging me.

“Guess that means we'll have to kidnap you, then”, Joe piped in.

“Kidnap me? Oh, no! What ever will I do?” I said dramatically, pulling out of Kevin's hug as I “ran” around the lobby, Joe and Kevin on my tail.

“Get heeerrr!” Kevin exclaimed dramatically. I laughed, running as fast as my feet could carry me.

“Gosh. I thought you lost your speed”, Joe said, huffing a little as I ran past him and Kevin when they tried to double-team me.

“Nope!” I called back, looking at them instead of looking forward.

I ran suddenly into someone, falling right on my butt.

“Ow!” I groaned, sitting up slowly.

“Damn, Sam. You've gotta be more careful”, Nick said, rubbing his chest.

I froze, looking at him. His curls were the same as always as he was dressed in the usual white, v-neck, black shorts, and white sneakers.

“Oh my God, Nick! Are you OK?” a red-haired girl exclaimed, running to him as she helped him up.

“Yeah. I'm fine”, he replied, but held a hand out to me once he fully stood.

I took it and he helped me up.

“You've gotten lighter”, he commented.

“Thanks”, I replied nervously.

“Dude! I'm SO sorry about that. We shouldn't have been playing around like that”, Joe rambled.

“It's OK, Joe. Really, it's fine”, he said, looking at the mystery girl.

“Uh, hi. I'm Sam”, I said, holding a hand out to the girl. I had no clue who she was but a hunch told me that it was-

“I'm Mollie”, she replied, shaking my hand, but had an emotionless expression on her face.

“It's nice to meet you”, I got out.

“Likewise”, she said in a monotone. What was wrong with this girl?

“Mollie is my girlfriend, Sam”, Nick said reluctantly.

“Oh, that's cool. I love your hair, by the way. It's so pretty”, I commented.

“Thanks”, she said reluctantly. I wrinkled my brows in confusion, shaking off her mood.

“Alright, whatever. Um, so, who am I sharing rooms with?” I asked, staring at Joe.

“Well, actually, Dad thought it would be best for you to share with Mollie”, he answered. Fuck.

“OK”, I said in surprise. “Oh, uh, one thing, Nick?” I asked, almost forgetting.

“Yeah?” he asked in confusion.

“I wrote a song and you know I suck ass when it comes down to the piano, so do you mind helping me out?” I asked.

I didn't mean to put him in this predicament. He'd obviously moved on and so did I, but did he know that Skandar and I were having problems? Nope and he surely didn't need to know. He looked from Mollie to me and back again.

“Yeah, of course”, he answered, a small smile on his lips.

Mollie bit her lip, but twisted it to a smile.

“When did you wanna start?” he asked, walking towards the piano that was conveniently right in the lobby.

“Now?” I asked with a smile.

I was sure everyone else was following us, but it didn't matter. Nick and I had a connection when it came to music and I wasn't going to let Mollie or anyone stand in the way of that.

He nodded, an even bigger smile on his lips as he sat down on the bench, placing his fingers on the keys. I sat down next to him, looking back at Joe, Kevin, and Mollie.

“Don't laugh, guys, OK?” I asked in a serious tone.

“Scouts honor!” Joe exclaimed. Kevin and Mollie merely nodded. I looked at Nick who seemed to ask with his eyes what was wrong. I shook my head, taking a deep breath before singing.

I'm loosing myself
Trying to compete
with everyone else
instead of just being me.

Don't know where to turn
I've been stuck in this routine.
I need to change my ways
instead of always being weak.

I don't wanna be afraid.
I wanna wake up feeling beautiful!
today
And know that I'm OK
'cause everyone's perfect in an unusual way

Cause you see
I
just wanna believe in me.

La, la, la, laa
la, la, la, laa

The mirror can lie
doesn't show you what's inside,
and it can tell you you're full of lies
It's amazing what you can hide
just by putting on a smile!

I don't wanna be afraid
I wanna wake up feeling beautiful
today
and know that I'm OK
'cause everyone's perfect in an unusual way
'Cause you see I
just wanna believe in me.

I'm quickly finding oooouuut,
I'm not about to break down
not todaaay

I guess I always knew
that I had all the strength to make it through

Not gonna be afraid!
I wanna wake up feeling beautifuuul
today
and know that I'm OK
'Cause everyone's perfect in an unusual way!
'Cause you see,
now I believe in me.

Now I believe in meee


I sat in silence as a tear slid down my face, closing my eyes.

“Nick, I need to speak with you”, Mollie said suddenly, catching everyone off guard.

Nick stared at her in confusion.

“Now”, she said through clenched teeth.

He nodded, then stood, taking her hand as she led them somewhere. Joe stood, embracing me in a hug.

“I didn't know you were suffering like that, Sam”, he said in a sympathetic tone.

“Yeah. Why didn't you tell anyone?” Kevin asked, rubbing my back.

“I knew everyone was busy with everything else and it's like since that day, I've been going through one thing after another”, I admitted.

“Sam, you can't keep that stuff bottled up inside. You'll explode”, Joe exaggerated.

“She can't explode, Joe”, Kevin said in a smart tone.

“Whatever. You know what I mean”, Joe retorted.

“Did I do something wrong?” I asked them, my mind on Nick.

“I don't think so, but I think Mollie is jealouus”, Joe sung.

“Jealous, for what?” I asked in confusion.

“Well, you're the 'ex'”, Joe said, using air quotes around ex. I rolled my eyes.

“No, seriously, Sam. That's just about it. You and Nick have history that transcends everything so it's kind of right for Mollie to think that you're intimidating”, Kevin added.

“I'll go check on them”, I said suddenly.

“Noooo way”, Joe said, looking at Kevin.

“What?” he asked. Joe pointed in the direction Nick and Mollie went.

“Are you serious, Joseph? You're sending me to do the dirty work?” he asked incredulously.

“Well, duh. Someone has to stay here with Sammy!” he exclaimed, rubbing my arm.

“You guys are such babies!” I exclaimed, standing. “I'll go.”

Kevin and Joe looked at one another, shrugging their shoulders.

“Alright. See ya”, they said in unison. I rolled my eyes, following the same path that Nick and Mollie took.



Nick stood with his arms folded as Mollie continued her rant about Sam.

“I understand she's gorgeous, but how can you just open up to her again like that? I mean, you agreed to work on a song with her, Nick!” she concluded, sighing angrily afterward.

“Mollie, Sam and I worked on songs before. It's not like she's going to sweep me off of my feet and take me away from you”, he retorted, getting just as angry.

“I saw how you looked at her, Nick. You were desperate to hug her, weren't you?” she countered, giving him a look.

“Obviously something's wrong with Sam, otherwise, she wouldn't have traveled all the way from Florida to get here”, Nick replied.

“Heh. That's your best excuse, the only thing you could say?” she asked, folding her arms across her chest.

“Molls, what am I supposed to say? I'm with you, aren't I?” he began, but he sighed afterward, “Look. Sam and I always had a connection when it came to music whether we liked it or not. We're just friends. I promise nothing is going to happen between Sam and I”, he stressed.

“Somehow, I don't believe that”, she admitted, biting her lip.

“Why not?” Nick asked incredulously.

“Because, Nick, every time you've tried to get over Samantha this year, you failed. When you were hanging out with both Miley and I and an article would come out about Sam, you'd read it. Before you and I got together, back in April, you were pissed at her for choosing Skandar and not you. Then, when she took the bullet for you in June, you seemed to be wrapped around her and now that she's back, you're just the same as you were before. You can't let her go”, she rambled.

Nick sighed deeply. He knew Mollie was right.

“What do you want me to do? I told you that she and I are friends, yet you don't believe me. I need you to tell me what you want me to do”, he pleaded.

Mollie bit her lip as she thought over his words.

“I want you to do two things”, she said with a smirk.

“OK, name them”, he replied.

“Firstly, you must stop being friends with Sam. That includes all forms of communication and you can't be nice to her. Secondly, I want you to sleep with me”, she said.

“What?!” he asked her as though she were mad.

“It's simple. Stop being friends with Sam and have sex with me”, she repeated as though he didn't hear her.

“Sleep with you and stop being friends with Sam? I-I can't do that, Mollie”, he said, licking his lips.

“If you want me to be a part of your life, you will”, she said in a cold tone.

Nick looked from the ground to Mollie and back again. He wanted Mollie to be with him, but not this way but it was the only option he had.

“OK. I'll do it”, he caved.

“Good”, she said before kissing him fully on the lips.

“Eww, guys, get a room”, Sam said, shielding her eyes. Nick looked back at Sam, his heart skipping a beat.

“I just came to make sure everything was alright with you two”, she said, licking her lips.

Nick loved that about Sam. No matter what, she always cared about people, even the ones that didn't care about her.

“Yeah. We're fine”, Mollie said in a sweet tone.

“Alright. Well, are you guys coming?” Sam asked, looking from Mollie to Nick and back.

“Yeah”, Nick answered with a smile, but Mollie cleared her throat.

He looked at Mollie, remembering his promise to her.

“Can I talk to you later, Sam?” he asked.

“Yeah, sure”, she replied, shrugging as she turned and walked away.

“Are you going to tell her?” Mollie asked once Sam disappeared around the corner.

“Yeah. I'll break my friendship with Sam tonight”, Nick replied. Mollie wrapped her arms around his neck, Nick hugging back in turn.

He didn't want to do it, but he didn't have a choice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who is an ass? lol

Can you guys believe that there's 4 chapters left? I've added a bonus for you guys, too, so instead of just 23 chapters, there will be 24. :) Sounds good?

Keep the comments up, guys! I really appreciate them.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.