‹ Prequel: Before the Fame
Status: Completed! :)

Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress

Selfish

I waited in Mollie and I's hotel room, writing another song that came to me. Skandar hadn't tried calling, which made me more depressed than I already was. Did I mention that Mollie was acting very friendly now? I guess Nick kissed her ass or something. I don't know.

“Whatcha workin' on?” she asked, plopping down next to me on my bed.

“Oh, um, another song”, I answered casually.

Another song?” she asked in surprise. I could practically see the green monster in her facial expression. I tore my gaze from her, looking back at the memo pad. I was stuck on the new song I'd just wrote and it was driving me to bits.

“Yeah. It's no big deal”, I answered again, tapping the pen on my memo pad.

A knock sounded at the door, causing me to jump slightly.

“I got it”, she said, rushing to the door.

I heard it unlock as well as lip contact before Mollie spoke again.

“What a surprise, Nick! You didn't tell me you were coming”, she said excitedly.

“I know. I'm here to talk to Samantha, remember?” he asked. Oh yeah. I could ask Nick if I can borrow his acoustic! I really needed a guitar.

“Oooh, Nick! Can I borrow your acoustic? I think I have the chords of this song ready”, I said excitedly, my eyes widening as I stared at him.

Nick's eyes were cold as though all of the emotion I saw earlier was gone. Um, OK?

“I have to talk to you now, Samantha”, he said in a firm tone.

I wrinkled my brows in confusion.

“Uh, I know that and I asked you if I could borrow your acoustic afterward so I can get the chords to this song”, I repeated just as firmly.

He stared at me with such intensity and I stared back. Is he just going to ignore me?

“Well, are you going to answer me?” I asked with a laugh.

“No, you can't borrow it”, he answered coldly.

“What the hell is your problem, Nick? I just asked to use your guitar. What is this talk about, anyway?” I asked, placing my hands on my hips.

“I-I'd better leave”, Mollie said nervously, but I cut across her.

“No. Stay. Whatever Nick has to say to me, he can say it in front of you, too”, I said, biting the inside of my cheek.

“I don't want to be friends anymore”, he said after a moment. It took me a minute to allow his words to sink in before I responded. It's not that I was slow, I just couldn't believe it.

“What for? Did I do something wrong? Is it because I came here?” I asked, trying to think of every possible reason.

“No. I just don't want to be friends. You're not good for me. I don't need you in my life”, he said harshly, stinging my heart with each word.

No tears filled my eyes, but my throat was dry. I was stunned.

“What did I ever do to you, Nick? Why are you doing this?” I asked, but it sounded like I was pleading him to reconsider.

“I just can't be your friend, Samantha”, he said with a straight face.

Mollie looked from me to Nick and back again. I walked past him and out of the hotel room door, going to he and Joe's room, knocking on the door.

“Sammy! Hey, how are you?” he asked, but I didn't listen. I brushed past him, going to Nick's side of the room, getting his acoustic guitar before I walked right back out of the room, stunning Joe.

I walked back into Mollie and I's room seeing she and Nick still standing there, as I took a breath, strumming the guitar, the rhythm and chords just coming to me as I stared at Nick. This was his song.

If I don't cry, do you think I don't feel?
If I look away,
it doesn't mean I don't see
And just because I want, someone when I'm alone
doesn't mean I'm helpless, and that I can't stand on my own.

How far can we go before we break?
How long can I wait?
How strong do you think I am?
How much can I take of this?
Am I a rock or a rose or a fist
or the breath at the end of a kiss?
How deep do you wanna go?
Cause I'll go there if I can!
You make it harder than it has to be,
How stroooonng, how strong,
Do you think I am?
Oooh oh

It's so hard to tell
what's in your heart(what's in your heart)
What you keep to yourself,
is tearing me apart(is tearing me apart)
and should I be afraid
to dream about you(to dream about you)
And if you feel the same
what ya gonna do?

How far can we go before we break?
How long can I wait?
How strong do you think I am?
How much can I take of this?
Am I a rock or a rose or a fist,
or the breath at the end of a kiss?
How deep do you wanna go?
Cause I'll go there if I can.
You make it harder than it has to be.
How strooong, how strong
do you think I am?
Oooh!

If I move in any closer
If you let go and give yourself away,
and if we let this happen to us
everything will change!

How strong do you think I am?
How much can I take of this?
Am I a rock or a rose or a fist?....

Oooh!
How deep do you wanna gooo?!
Cause I'll go there if I can!
You make it harder than it has to be!
How strong, how strong!

Ooh!
How strong do you think I am?!
How much can I take of this?
Am I a rock or a rose or a fist
or the breath at the end of a kiss?
How deep do you wanna go?
Cause I'll go there if I can!
You make it harder than it has to be!
How stroooong, how strong,
How strooong, hooow strong
do you think I aaaammmm?


“I'm through trying to please you, Nick. Obviously being civil doesn't work, so if you think breaking our friendship will help you, then so be it”, I concluded, handing him his guitar back.

I was done with him. It seemed like we were constantly on this emotional roller coaster and it would never stop. If he wanted to stop being friends with me, then that was something that I just had to live with.

I grabbed my bag, packing everything I had inside of it before turning to leave.

“No, Sam. You can't leave!” Joe protested, standing in my way.

“Joe, don't try to stop me, please”, I said in a monotone. I was seriously done with Nick and staying around him wasn't going to help.

“Nick, say something!” Joe argued, staring at Nick as he continued blocking my path.

Nick turned his back to us before speaking.

“If she wants to leave, then she should. It's not like I want her here”, he replied before walking out of the room, Mollie on his heels.

“Something's not right, Sam. Just please-”, Joe began, but I cut across him.

“Fuck you, Joe! I'm done! Didn't you hear my song just now? I'm done with him and you! I don't want to deal with this drama anymore!” I yelled angrily.

“Don't curse at me just because my brother is being an ass! And don't treat me like shit just because of Nick's stupidity!” Joe yelled back.

“Just leave me alone, Joe! That's one thing that you've never been able to do!” I exclaimed angrily.

“No, that's what you've been doing! Every time you're in a dilemna, you call me! I swear, it's like you can't just make a simple decision yourself!” he retorted.

“Oh, please! Mr. I'm-wrapped-around-Camilla's-fucking-finger! You've been just as much of an ass towards me as Nick has if you don't remember all the billion times you blew me off just because of her!” I countered.

“What the fuck ever, Sam! I don't even want to be around you. Nick was right. You should fucking leave!” he yelled.

“FINE! MAYBE I WILL! AND MAYBE WHILE I'M AT IT, I SHOULD GET SHOT AGAIN AND NEVER COME BACK! THAT SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY DAMN THING THAT WILL MAKE YOU AND NICK AND ANY OTHER PERSON WHO HATES ME HAPPY!” I bellowed, walking past him, not realizing that tears were streaming out of my eyes.

Joe stopped being angry and stared at me.

“S-Sam, I-”, he began, but I cut across him.

“Save it, Joe”, I said in a low tone, walking out of the door.

I pulled out my phone, calling the one person who I needed-the one person I should have talked to from the beginning.

“Daddy, it's Sam. Can I talk to you-about everything?” I asked, tears streaming down my face.

I was officially alone. Nick didn't want me as a friend and Skandar and I's relationship was practically over. And Joe was done with me, too. Hollywood sucks.



“Was that so hard, Nick?” Mollie asked as she kissed Nick on the neck as he rubbed her bare arm.

He was still thinking about the damage that'd been done earlier that day. What was he going to do now? He had Mollie, but he lost someone even more important. Joe had talked to him, too and told him everything that happened between him and Sam. This was all a mess.

“You're selfish, Mollie”, he said, laying in his king-size bed, thinking about the sex he'd had with her. He felt nothing and faked everything. His mind was only on Sam and everything else he had on his plate.

Was he prepared for this solo project? What was on Sam's mind? He didn't mean to be so cold, but it was for Mollie. He loved her and needed to do everything he could to keep her. But was that really necessary? Was Mollie worth breaking he and Sam's friendship?

“I'm not selfish. That bitch is selfish”, Mollie replied, placing her face on Nick's chest.

“Don't call her that”, Nick said, gritting his teeth. “She's not a bitch.”

“Whatever. She was the one who was selfish. Did you hear the song she sung to you? I mean, come on! That was for you to have sympathy on her”, Mollie retorted.

The words went through Nick's head for the hundredth time.

How strong do you think I am? How much can I take of this? Am I rock or a rose or a fist? Or a breath at the end of a kiss? How deep do you wanna go? 'Cause I'll go there if I can! You make it harder than it has to be! How strooong, how strong do you think I am?

Oh shit. She'd forgiven him for everything that happened in the past, including the shooting. She had no regrets and something was wrong. She was done with the drama because she couldn't handle it anymore. She wanted she and Nick to stop the emotional roller-coaster ride that they've been on since they've broken up. Why didn't he see it sooner? His eyes landed on the TV, whatever Mollie had turned on had been interrupted by the news.

“This is breaking news. World-known actress, Samantha Parker was aboard plane 218 from Canada to New York, which crashed two minutes. Right now, there is no word of any survivors. According to witnesses, Parker was seen at the airport, a smile on her lips and even posed for a few pictures for the fans, but quickly boarded flight 218 as soon as it arrived. There is no evidence as to how the plane crashed, but we'll give you more information as soon as we receive some. Samantha is only 18 years old, a few months shy of 19. We'll keep her in our prayers”, the reporter concluded as pictures of Sam flashed the screen.

Nick got out of bed, grabbing his phone as Mollie sat horrified by the news as well. He called the one person he didn't want to speak to.

“Skandar, it's Nick-”, he began, but someone else cut across him.

“Skandar's asleep right now. This is his girlfriend Liberty”, the girl said in a sweet tone.

“Wake his ass up now and tell him that his girlfriend Sam could be dead right now!” Nick yelled.

“Nick”, Mollie whimpered.

“Leave me alone, Mollie! You've done enough damage, so get your shit and leave!” he exclaimed angrily.

“I-I'm sorry”, she got out before she quickly dressed, got her things and left the room.

Nick waited patiently as he heard Skandar on the phone.

“What do you mean she could be dead?!” he asked incredulously.

“She got onto a plane leaving here in Canada-”, Nick began, but Skandar cut across him.

“What was she doing in Canada?!” Skandar asked in confusion and anger, but Nick couldn't contain his anger any longer.

“Just listen! After you blew her off and treated her like crap, she came here to Canada to spend time with people who care about her. Then my girlfriend, well, ex-girlfriend made me stop being friends with her and she got into it with Joe, too and I guess she was heading to New York for some reason”, Nick rambled.

“New York? Isn't her dad from there?” Skandar asked.

Nick's mouth dropped open as the color drained from his face.

“Sh-she was going back to her dad..t-to tell him everything about her mom. She-Oh my God!” Nick cried, dropping the phone out of his hands, the red button getting hit, ending the call.

A knock sounded at the door, startling Nick.

“Leave me alone, Mollie! Go home!” he said, assuming it was her, but the knocking continued.

Nick sniffed, wiping the tears from his face as he walked to the door, opening it, revealing someone he didn't expect to see.

“I-I forgot to give you back this. W-why are you crying?” she asked, holding out his pick to his guitar.

“S-Sam?” he asked, breathing heavily.

“Yeah. What's wrong?” she asked. Nick embraced her in a hug, holding her tightly.

“Y-You-t-the report said you were”, he choked. Sam wrinkled her brows in confusion.

“What report?” she asked.

“Didn't you get on Flight 218?” he asked.

“Well, yeah, but I forgot to give you back your pick after I accidentally took it with me, so I decided to come back and give it to you”, she answered. “No point in keeping something that isn't mine”, she added.

“But Flight 218 crashed two minutes ago”, he said in confusion.

“WHAT?!” she exclaimed, running to the TV, seeing her face on the screen.

“OK, that's weird”, she said, looking at Nick again. “What's weirder is the fact that you're only in your boxers”, she pointed out.

Nick ignored her as she opened her mouth to speak again, kissing her on the lips. To his surprise, Sam kissed back just as eagerly.

“I'm sorry”, he said, pulling away.

“Don't be”, she replied, kissing him again.

“Wait, we can't do this. Aren't you with Skandar?” he asked in confusion.

“No. I broke up with him. I called him, then we got into it and he admitted that he was seeing Liberty, anyway”, she explained.

“I'm going to kill him!” Nick exclaimed angrily, but Sam shushed him by placing a finger to his lips.

“Let's not worry about him right now. The real question is, should I get on a plane tonight or finish the tour with you and your brothers?” she asked a smile on her lips.

Nick smiled, picking her up as she squealed, wrapping her legs around his torso as he hugged her, feeling his warmth all over her.

“So, is that a stay?” she laughed.

“Hell yes”, he replied before he placed his lips onto hers, a squeal escaping her as they fell onto the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
First of all, I'd like to say, I do not own the song that was used in this chapter which is called How Strong Do You Think I Am by Alexz Johnson. I loved it, so I figured I had to use it this chapter. :)

I got a couple of comments for the previous chapter, so I appreciate that, guys! ^_^

Well, guys, it's coming down to the last 3 chapters, and finally the bonus chapter. :)
I suppose there won't be a sequel since I'm literally wrapping everything up in those last couple of chapters.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.