‹ Prequel: Before the Fame
Status: Completed! :)

Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress

Chapter 24 (Alternate Ending)

-The Wedding Day-

I couldn't believe everything that'd happened. It was the day of my wedding with Nick, but little did anyone know, Nick and I had been on the rocks. I felt like I couldn't handle things with him anymore. Photos of him and his co-star in Les Miserables, Samantha Barks, surfaced recently. I couldn't believe it. Nick had cheated on me again, yet here I am in a wedding dress about to get married to a man who will more than likely continue to cheat on me.

I held the bouquet of white lilies in my hands as I bit my lower lip when a knock sounded at my door.

“Come in”, I said in a shaky tone.

Joe entered in his tux, straightening his bow tie as a white lily rested in his left chest pocket. He looked at me with a sympathetic smile.

“Sam, are you and Nick OK?” he asked.

It'd been ages since Joe and I talked to each other about Nick and I. I'd almost forgotten that he and I were best friends after he insulted me last year about being “obsessed” over the wedding. He even called me a fat cow, which led to my eating disorder, but I'd recovered.

Our eyes locked on one another and he embraced me in a hug as the tears began falling from my eyes. There was only one reason why Joe would come in here like this with a look similar to the one he had on his face now.

“He-he doesn't want to marry me, does he?” I asked.

Joe didn't answer, but continued rubbing my back as though to console me.

“It's not that he doesn't it's just-”, he began, but stopped as his phone rung.

He answered it quickly, as I tried straightening my composure, wiping the tears from my eyes, walking to the mirror to re-do my make-up.

“Yes, Kevin?.... What?!” he exclaimed, catching me off guard before hanging up.

He looked pissed.

“What's wrong?” I asked, finishing my foundation.

“Nothing... I-I'm just going to kill Nick!” he yelled.

“Wait, what? What's going on?” I asked.

Kat entered the room, Taylor holding her back as she closed the door behind them.

“That bastard!” Kat roared in her blue dress.

“Calm down, Kat. Please”, she begged.

“No, I won't calm down! Nick is in there with-”, Kat began, but stopped once she realized I was in the room.

“Who is with Nick?” I asked.

“S-Sam, don't-”, Joe began, but I brushed passed him, Taylor, and Kat, pulling the door open as I marched to Nick's room.

Kevin stood at the door, his head hung down to the ground, but snapped it up once I approached him.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, Sam. Don't go in there”, he said in a firm tone.

“Whatever is going on, I want to know. Screw the damn rules!” I exclaimed heatedly.

“S-Sam-”, he got out before I opened the door, seeing my fiance', hand in hand with Samantha Barks.

“What the hell is this?!” I exclaimed angrily. Samantha stood in front of Nick, getting in my face.

“Look, Sam, this is hard to explain, but simply put, Nick doesn't want to be with you”, she said bluntly.

I felt like I got stabbed in my chest by her words as Nick just stood there. I couldn't say anything. I couldn't do anything. I was in so much pain.

“Nick!” Kevin exclaimed in shock, clenching his fist in anger.

“Got anything to say to that, Sam?” she asked in a smart tone as she placed a kiss on Nick's cheek.

I turned on my heel, allowing my feet to carry me wherever they went, ignoring Kevin's calls.

I'd given my everything to that “man” and now he's leaving me for her? There was only one thing I could do at this point, and it didn't include kicking that bitch's ass.

I looked out at all of the people who sat in shock, mostly confused more than anything. My parents, younger sister, my step-mom, uncle, numerous friends both famous and normal people alike, including the Jonas family, all in the front row. My eyes rested on one set of eyes that I hadn't seen in over 3 years. Skandar. I hadn't given him an invitation, but I bet Joe or Kat must have had somehow. In fact, the whole Narnia gang was here.

“The wedding is off”, I began, taking a shaky breath as I continued, “I'm sorry for asking all of you to come here, but the wedding is off.”

The double doors I'd entered through, opened suddenly as Nick stood there, his hands in his pockets as all eyes laid on him. He walked towards me, avoiding everyone else's gaze until he reached me, turning to face the group of people as well.

“I'm sorry, everyone”, he said in an emotionless tone.

“What is the meaning of this, Nicholas?! I thought we raised you better than this!” Mr. Jonas exclaimed.

“I know that, Dad, OK? Stop treating me like a child! I know what I'm doing!” he retorted, flaring his nostrils a little.

“Apparently you don't since you're not getting married to Samantha Barks”, Mr. Jonas replied just as heatedly.

“I can marry whoever I want. Just because it's not her doesn't mean anything”, Nick said with an attitude.

I gasped, doing something I'd never done in my entire life. I slapped him as hard as I could, the entire room gasping in surprise. My eyes watered as I ran out of the chapel, ripping the veil out of my hair. I was done. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't know who I was anymore. My whole body ached and soon enough, so did my heart.

I'd made it to the parking lot somehow, clutching my torso as I tried to breathe, but it felt like hell. I heard hurried footsteps approach me as I took another breath, it, too being difficult to do.

“Sam, are you alright?” Skandar asked frantically.

I shook my head as the pain increased, soon enough feeling myself fall to the ground faintly hearing his cries.



“She'll be fine. She had a heart attack due to stress. I'd recommend that she's kept away from any stressful activities or situations, just until she's feeling better”, Dr. Sloan said in a kind tone.

“So, you're sure she'll be fine?” Skandar asked, looking from me to Dr. Sloan and back again.

“I'm sure. She's young and full of energy. She just should get away from stressful guys, OK?” he asked, looking at me.

I nodded feverishly.

“Alright. You'll be discharged in a little bit, so you can get dressed and you'll be out of here soon”, he added before grabbing the clipboard with my charts on it, then exited the room.

I nodded once more, biting my lip. It had been about a few days since I had my heart attack on my wedding day. Skandar had been with me every step of the way. I didn't understand why, though. I mean, he and Liberty broke up a few months after he and I broke up and apparently, he's been single ever since. I've heard that he wanted me back, but wasn't going to stop me from being happy with asshole.

I hadn't talked to the Jonas' since that day, especially not since there was a chaotic uproar after I was rushed to the hospital. Nick tried to visit a few times, but stopped after the second day. I didn't know what he was thinking at all. A part of me still couldn't fully process what had happened while the other part was angry beyond belief.

There were plenty of times since I was in the hospital that I thought of waking up to everything being the way they used to be with me married to Nick having a happy, joyous life. Who was I kidding? That was never going to happen now.

“So, I brought you something”, Skandar said in a shy tone, pulling out this out of a bag.

I gasped as I gaped in awe.

“You didn't have to”, I said in a low tone.

“I know I didn't. I wanted to”, he replied, setting everything on my bed.

I stared up at him, feeling myself tearing up.

“I wanted to make up for lost time, you know?” he asked, a slight pink in his cheeks.

“Thank you”, I said honestly. “For everything. You're the only person who hasn't treated me as though I'm completely helpless”, I added, sniffing slightly.

Skandar merely nodded as his eyes bored intensely into mine.

“You can change, you know. I'll just leave for a minute”, he said suddenly.

“R-right”, I said, almost forgetting the fact that I was going home today.

He chuckled slightly, shaking his head as he tore his gaze from me, then exited the room leaving me to wallow in my humiliation. Oh, well.



-One year later-

I'd finally got my teaching license and degree in Elementary Mathematics. I was going to fulfill my childhood dream now as a teacher. Nick and I spoke to each other occasionally, which to my surprise, he and Samantha Barks broke up 6 months after he and I's “wedding”. The thing was, though, I didn't care. I knew there was always going to be a part of me that loved Nick unconditionally, but I couldn't be with him. It just wasn't meant to be.

Skandar and I had become inseparable. It was very comforting to say the least. We never talked about the past, except working together on The Last Time a little bit, which to my surprise again, Andrew called all of us back to finally film. Teaching was going to have to wait.

I'd decided to move London with Skandar shortly after I was released from the hospital. I wanted a fresh start, away from the States and the drama. It seemed like whenever I was there for a long time, everything went to shambles, but now, everything's been fantastic. Skandar is still in college studying to become an Arabic and Middle Eastern professor as well as a part-time actor, like me. I'd even gotten him to think more towards a Christian point of view instead of his Atheist ways. I don't think his family really approves of that, but I didn't care. Skan had believe in something. It was the only reason why he continued existing thus far.

Currently, however, we were sitting in our one-bedroom apartment in Cambridge, packing for my dad's wedding to his fiance', Paloma Jimenez. I was so happy for him. He'd been with her for so long that I almost though dad would never tie the knot.

“You've got everything?” he asked, wrapping his arms around my torso. I smiled, resting my head on his chest as he rested his chin on my head.

“Yeah”, I answered, sighing contently as I laced hands with him.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” he asked, kissing me from my cheek to my neck.

My eyes fluttered closed as each kiss tingled my skin.

“Mm-hm”, I got out, breathing heavily as he ceased the kissing.

“Right. Let's go”, he said in a firm tone. I nodded as I took his hand.



“I thought you only cry at funerals”, Skandar teased as we walked along the beach in California. I rolled my eyes at him. California was a typical place for my dad and Paloma to get married.

The ceremony was sort of over, but everyone was just relaxing; my dad and Paloma still dancing slowly on the dance floor.

A smile graced my lips as I thought about the previous year with Nick. It didn't hurt as much as it used to. I was happy with Skandar, happier than I ever was with Nick. Skandar helped me learn to accept my pain and forget it. In a sense, he was the Neosporin to the cuts in my heart.

“Have you thought about getting married again?” he asked suddenly, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“Sometimes”, I admitted. I didn't want to rush things, but I knew I wanted to settle down, even if it would interfere with my teaching as well as Skandar's.

“I don't want to rush you or anything”, he said, bumping into me slightly.

“How would you rush me?” I asked in confusion.

“By doing this”, he said in a low tone, getting on one knee as the waves sounded a little.

I gasped in shock. I didn't know he was thinking about this.

“Samantha Arianna Parker, will you marry me?” he asked with hopeful eyes.

Tears filled my own as I was overcome with many emotions. I was happy, but upset at the same time. I wanted to be with him, but I didn't know if I was ready to be a wife.

“How do you know I'll be a good wife to you considering everything that's happened to me in the past year?” I asked, searching his eyes for answers.

“I don't. I just have to trust you as much as I already do, if not more. I know you're the one for me and I'm the one for you. I want to be with you, Samantha, no one else”, Skan answered with such seriousness and intensity that a whimper escaped me as I suppressed my cries.

Skandar was serious about marrying me. Should I say yes? Should I say no? How were we supposed to get married if he was Atheist and I was Christian? I was confused beyond belief that it seemed like nothing could change my mind or divert my attention from my current predicament.

But something came to me-a positive thought, perhaps. Maybe Skandar and I would be able to work through anything considering everything both of us have been through. I honestly didn't know what to say.

“What if I say no? Would you be angry at me? Would you leave me?” I asked. I wanted to know the truth. I was tired of games from people in general.

Skandar smiled a small smile, his face looking gentler as he spoke.

“Sam, Sam, Sam. Do you honestly think I would be angry with you or even think of leaving you? I've loved you since April of 2009.When I lost you the same year, I-I couldn't think. It really hit me when I was filming Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Hell, even Georgie noticed”, he said with sincerity.

“But when I saw you in that wedding gown last year, I knew without a shadow of doubt, that I wanted to be the groom-not Nick. I-I love you, Samantha. I truly and deeply love you. I-If you say no, then I'll understand and we'll stay together. If you say yes, then you'll make me the happiest man in the world”, he said his voice a little shaky.

I stared out at the ocean as I considered Skandar's words. Did I want to jump into a marriage like this with Skandar after Nick basically threw me to the curve? Reality slapped me in the face as I thought of the simple fact; Skandar was not in any way, shape, or form Nick. He would never be Nick.

I smiled, turning my attention back to Skandar as he had a worried look in his eyes.

“Yes”, I answered, squealing when Skandar picked me up, twirling me around in his arms.



December 25, 2030

It was finally Skandar and I's 13 year anniversary. We were celebrating Christmas in our 4-bedroom Victorian home with our two centers of our lives; our ten year old twins, Alexander and Arianna. We'd just finished putting the kids to bed as we climbed the steps towards our bedroom.

“So, have you finished the book yet?” Skandar asked as he changed into his pajamas as I did the same.

“No, not yet”, I answered with a laugh.

“Alright. Are you almost done with it?” he asked with a smirk.

I heaved a sigh as I thought about the matter. What Skandar was referring to was my second book, Confessions of Samantha Parker: The Untold Story. It had every detailed, true story from the time I quit the acting industry in 2018 after I became a full-time teacher to now.

At first, I wasn't sure if I wanted to mention anything about Nick and I's cancellation of the wedding or the fact that we apologized and became friends again five years after Skandar and I got married. It took everything in me not to beat the shit out of Nick after everything he put me through, but as I said, I put my feelings aside and got along with him for the sake of Joe.

Speaking of Joe, he got married to Demi Lovato five years ago even after he was “in love” with Ashley Greene. I don't even want to begin with that.

Kevin and Danielle had a daughter, Kelly, the same year Skan and I got married. A lot of things happened that year. Nick finally quit the acting industry as well, but continued the music profession as a music producer, continuing his own sound and even helped Joe promote his own solo album.

About Nick..... He's been single ever since. We talked after my marriage to Skan and he confessed that his heart belonged only to me. It.... shocked me to say the least, but as I said before, I was happy with Skandar. No matter what, I couldn't even fathom the thought of going back to Nick. I wanted Skandar. Though Nick will always be in my heart, he and I could never be.

I thought of everything that'd happened in the last thirteen years from the wedding to my mom's drug overdose in 2020. It hit me harder than anything I'd ever felt before, but somehow, I survived with Skandar, Kat, my dad, and other family and friend's help, of course.

Speaking of Skan, he hasn't fully given up a few of his Atheist ways, but he doesn't consider himself to be an Atheist. Odd, yes? I thought so, too.

So, as I come to the final paragraph of this story, this book, if you will, I'll recount the same words I uttered myself at the 51st Grammy Nominations in 2009- my own little bit of words of wisdom:

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.”

And don't forget:

“Dwelling on the past does nothing but make you relive the past and repeat your mistakes.”

“Everyone has their own purpose in life. Discovering it may be the hard part, but living it is what will be the challenge.”

This is Samantha Keynes, ex-actress and singer from the UTA in Los Angeles, California who grew up in a small town called Jacksonville, Florida who grew up to be the woman, wife, mother, and friend that I am today. Through all of my troubles and hardships in life, I'll never give up. I open my arms to the new chapter of my life that is to come-of course, I don't know what it'll be exactly, but I'm more determined than ever to take it head-on with my family and friends supporting me along the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the final chapter for those of you who didn't want Sam and Nick to end up together! I hope you guys enjoyed this story. Time for me to ramble.

First of all, I'd like to thank all of the readers, subscribers, and commentors. You guys truly are an inspiration to me.

Second of all, I'd like to admit, I was going to make this story much longer, but I was actually satisifed by the length of the story as well as the events that occurred in the story. As some of you may know from reading Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely, I like to relate the main female character to myself, so, when I put in the previous chapter, Tears, I was relating Sam's character to myself and how I have had sporadic heart pains since I was 10 years old.

I can't believe how many readers this story received. The idea of this story just came to me one day and I just thought, "Hey, I like to write, so, why not?" and also, the story is something different. I've never written about two guys fighting over one girl. It's usually two girls fighting over one guy. In a sense, though, there was never really a fight over Sam, honestly.

I love Sam's character in this story. Yes, she made many mistakes by going back to Nick, but then again, that's why I decided in the original ending to let things work out between she and Nick. I love Skandar Keynes, but I honestly don't know much about his character besides what he portrays in his interviews, which, to me is usually a very reserved demeanor-almost emotionless (which is the reason why I couldn't really create a character maturation for him until the alternate ending).

However, I enjoyed writing in third person more than writing in first person with this story TPP (third person perspective) really suited me more when it came down to other's actions instead of just one person's perspective, which I think I might try to work on more often.

Conclusively, I enjoyed writing this story from beginning to end and I thoroughly enjoyed every comment I received for this story. I hope to improve on my writing skills as well as increasing my writing skill in FPP (first person perspective) moreso than anything else (as well as vocabulary).

This story received 45 readers, 8 subscribers, and 13 comments. :)

I'd like to thank especially SmexyPeanutButter and crazyfornickjonas, my only commentors.

Thank you guys so much for the support. I hope all of you will continue reading my stories as well as any future ones that are definitely going to come. Now, if you'd be so kind, please comment for a final time.

Again, thank you guys so much!