‹ Prequel: Before the Fame
Status: Completed! :)

Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress

The Waiting Game

I stared out to the clouds as I sat in thought about everything that'd happened in the past 2 hours. What the hell was wrong with Skandar? I was thinking more along the lines of if, by some reason their managers decide that it'd be best for them to play in the movie with me if Skandar was going to continue acting like-well, an ass towards me.

“Eat your sub. It's getting cold”, mom said, as she started on her third salad.

“It was already cold, ma”, I answered her.

We were currently at a nearby Subway (which I had to beg her to come here), eating breakfast”brunch” while waiting on Jeff's phone call. I, however, was waiting to see if Will or Skandar would call or text me. So far, no luck.

“Look, if they take it, they take it. If they don't, they don't”, she replied, munching on a tomato.

“But it would be AWESOME if I could work with them. I've always wanted to work with them, ever since I met Daniel Radcliffe in person”, I gushed, reminiscing the world premiere of The Order of the Phoenix last year.

“Whatever. Sam, you need to stay focused and honestly consider a duet with somebody or at least be in a TV show playing a small role”, she suggested.

“Mom, I work my butt off, yet I can't even choose what projects to work on. What's the point of me living this dream if I can't even do what I want?” I asked, getting upset.

“Because as long as you live in my house, you'll abide by my rules and whatever I say goes”, she said through clenched teeth.

I sighed heavily, suppressing my rage. I hated this. I hated it with a passion.

Crawling in my skiiin,
these wounds, they will not heal.
Fear is how I fall,
confusing what is real.

Oooohhhhh!

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface,
consuming, confusing-


Jeff flashed across my caller ID and I answered.

“Hey, Sam. You got a minute?” he asked.

“For you, yes”, I answered sweetly.

“Aw, OK, but seriously, though”, he said, getting to business.

“Hit me”, I said, stretching out as I took sip of my 20 oz Cola. He sighed before speaking.

“Janet told me that she wanted you to do some singing this year. Now, if Adam and the rest decide to accept that offer then getting you into a studio will be difficult”, he began, “but I think I can make it work somehow either way. If you decide to sing, then what do you want to do? An album or just a couple of duet songs or just songs in general?” he asked.

“Well”, I sighed, “Mom wants a couple of songs. So, I guess singing a couple would be fine. I already have a couple written, actually”, I admitted.

“Really?” he asked incredulously. “Can I hear it?”

“Uh....”, I began, my eyes roaming the restaurant. Only two people (one male, the other female) behind the counter were present.

“Sure”, I decided. I put Jeff on speaker as Mom gave me a look that said Samantha-if-you-sing-that-song-here-I'll-take-your-phone-away but I didn't care.

I cleared my throat, then opened my mouth, starting off low just how it's supposed to be.

I hear a word you're not saying,
it's driving me crazy,
it's like we stopped breathing in this room.
We're both the last to believe it,
I know what you're thinking,
I wish you'd make your move.

It's much too quiet in here!
I wanna disappear,
I'm hearin' myself thinking too clear.
It's too quiet in here!
Make it all go away!
Why can't we break this silence finallllyy?

Make it all go awaaaay!
It's too quiet in here!


“That's just a taste of it, but yeah, you get the picture”, I said in a normal tone, taking Jeff off speaker phone as the two people clapped, asking for an autograph and picture.

I laughed it off.

“That was-amazing!” he replied speechless.

“Thanks”, I said sheepishly.

“Oh my gosh! You're Samantha Parker!” the girl said squealing a little. I laughed lightly at her reaction.

“Yeah, that's me. I'll give you and your friend a picture and autograph if you promise not to tell anyone about the song. Deal?” I asked with a smile.

“Totally. Scouts honor”, she said with one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen.

“OK”, I said with a smile as well.

….

“I don't know why you sung that song there of all places. Now it's going to leak to the media. You know you can't trust simple people”, Mom scolded.

We had just left the Subway, not even an hour ago and she'd complained for the fifth time already. I rolled my eyes.

“It's no big deal, Mom. Really, it isn't. They were just fans and besides, if they did tell anyone, then they just tell them”, I said nonchalantly.

Now, if she knew the song was actually about Skandar, then she'd be pissed.

But in reality, I didn't care if people found out about songs or projects that I worked on, just as long as they didn't try to steal them or stalk me.

“You should give a fuck about your work. It's yours for crying out loud!” she exclaimed over dramatically, unlocking the door, letting it slam on the wall as we stepped over the threshold, something shattering in the process.

“And if you keep doing that, then I'll do nothing but buy mirrors all the damn time”, I mumbled, closing the front door as I went to grab a broom.

“Are you serious?!” she exclaimed more than likely ready to complain about something else.

“What?” I asked.

She walked back downstairs, in a white, dress blouse and black dress pants and the same black heels from earlier.

“The Observe and Report premiere is this Friday”, she said in a bored tone.

I shot her a look as she watched me clean, then walked back to the living room and turned on the TV.

Rosa made her way to me, shuffling as she went shaking her head at my mom.

“I don't know why you put up with her”, she whispered to me.

“Because if I don't, she'll spend all of the money I own”, I replied.

“You know, you can tell your dad”, she suggested.

“I don't want to start another argument”, I concluded.

She gave me a sympathetic smile, as she walked into the kitchen with the broken glass.

I gotta feelin',
whooo-hoo,
that tonight's gonna be a good night,
that tonight's gonna be a good, good night-


“Hello?” I asked with a frown.

“Samantha, it's Will”, he said in what sounded like a shy tone.

“Oh! Will, hi!” I said cheerfully, rubbing it in Mom's face.

“Hi, um, would you mind joining me for a bit of dinner later?” he asked.

“Sure, what time?” I asked, biting my bottom lip in excitement.

“I'll come and get you. Just be ready by 5:30”, he said in a soft tone.

“Really? Um, who else is going to be there and what's the occasion? Casual, dress-up?” I asked nervously.

“It's a surprise. A little dressy would be fine”, he said with certainty.

“Erm, OK. See you later, then”, I said in a happy tone.

“Bye, Sam”, he replied, hanging up instantly.

I must have sounded like a complete idiot. What was I thinking asking who would come with us? It's not like it was a date or anything, right?

“Date tonight with William?” Mom guessed.

“No, it's not a date. It's just dinner”, I replied, walking up the stairs, heading to my room to pick out something to wear.

“It is important and it might be a date”, she replied, following me.

“Mom, seriously, it's no big. It's just dinner”, I tried again, but she ignored me, going into my closet to pick something out.

“What about this?” she asked, setting it all on my bed.

“It's not a date, Mom”, I stressed, rubbing my head.

“It doesn't have to be a date, even though you know it is one. You just have to make a good impression on them to get the part”, she said in an annoyed tone.

“But I'm going to make a good impression regardless. The part doesn't matter to me. It'd be great just to be friends with them”, I retorted, flaring my nostrils.

“Is that really all you care about, Samantha. I told you from day one to care about nothing and no one in this industry but yourself. You are the only person who can make the money and it is you who will be responsible for losing a role or getting one”, she said in a snooty tone, walking out of my room.

I sighed heavily, then jumped as my phone beeped, signaling I had gotten a text. I read it quickly, getting more excited by the minute.

It's Skandar. Sorry I was being rude to you earlier.

I kept in the squeal I knew was dying to come out and texted him back.

It's OK. You are feeling better now, I assume?

It beeped a minute later as I held back another squeal.

Yes, I'm much better. I hope we'll be able to work with you in the future.

Work together in the future? Hopefully in the very near future.

My phone beeped again as I received Skandar's response.

Hopefully

I wanted to scream in excitement, but I knew I had to keep my cool. It's not like he was interested in me like how Nick and Noel were. I shook my thoughts away and went to get ready for dinner.

I had a feeling everything was going to go well tonight. I damn sure hoped so.
♠ ♠ ♠
The songs used in this chapter are Crawling by Linkin Park, Quiet by Demi Lovato, and I Gotta Feelin' by the Black Eyed Peas. :)

Who else agrees that Sam's mom is a bitch?

I really don't know when I'm going to update again since I'm going to update by ear or whenever I feel like it. :)

Also, please, please check out my friend Tsuna Vongola.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.