‹ Prequel: Before the Fame
Status: Completed! :)

Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress

Surprise, Surprise

Some hours later, it was 5:25 as I waited, smoothing out my outfit Mom chose for me. I looked at my hair and makeup she'd helped me do also.

I sighed as my mom's words went through my mind from the conversation earlier.

You are the only person who can make the money and it is you who will be responsible for losing a role or getting one.”

I knew she was just trying to get into my head like all of the other countless times that she'd done so, but why were her words bothering me now of all times? I'm supposed to be focusing on the dinner. I should at least be able to do that.

The doorbell sounded, causing me to jump. I hated that. Soon enough, Mom called for me, dressed once again in something else.

“Samantha! It's time to go!” she yelled.

“Alright, alright!” I exclaimed.

I walked downstairs, startled to see someone else I know standing there at the foot of the stairs, waiting patiently. Skandar. He looked me up and down as I tried harder than ever not to trip. My mind was clouded, but he continued to give me a blank, yet surprised stare at me.

Once I reached the last step, my mom spoke.

“I trust that you'll take care of my daughter”, she said in a threatening tone.

“Yes, ma'am”, he replied with certainty.

“Have fun”, she said, almost pushing us over the threshold.

Damn. That was nice of her. I rolled my eyes.

“Your mum seems nice”, he said in a quiet tone.

Our eyes met, considering I was a good three inches taller than my normal height but he was still three inches taller than me.

“Yeah... Don't fall for that”, I warned in a shy tone.

“What do you mean?” he asked as we walked to the black car that waited for us.

“Nothing. Don't worry about it”, I lied.



The entire ride was quiet. Neither of us said anything which killed me. Will said he was going to come and get me. I guess that's what he meant by whomever was coming to dinner was a surprise, which reminds me. A question came to me.

“Will is supposed to be there, right? I mean, this isn't some practical joke of his, is it?” I asked in a serious tone.

Skandar turned his face from the window and looked at me, pausing for a minute before responding.

“Of course he is. He and Anna are there as we speak”, he replied.

“OK, good”, I replied, processing what I had said. “N-not that I wouldn't want to be left alone around you or anything. I was just-I'll just shut up now”, I rambled as I looked at his amused facial expression.

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as a soft laugh came from him.

“It's alright. Will isn't that mean, though. We've played a lot of pranks on each other, but when it comes down to it, unless you're in on the prank, he won't do that to you, or anyone, honestly”, he replied in a smooth tone.

I smiled, nodding my head only once as I gazed out the window just as he was. Los Angeles was beautiful, but I missed Florida, my home.



What felt like almost an hour later, we finally arrived at the restaurant, which was very secluded, yet was one of the most expensive ones in L.A. I'd never been there before.

We walked into the building, Skandar opening the door like a gentleman, and even took my coat for me which I thanked him for in a soft whisper.(How sweet was that?) We walked to the bookkeeper before Skandar spoke.

“Um, we're here for the reservation for 4 under Moseley”, he said in a firm tone.

“Yes, sir, ma'am, right this way”, the man said, grabbing a couple of menus as he led us to Anna and Will.

They looked extremely interested in us when we reached the table (which was farthest away from people). I exhaled once we reached it, Anna and Will standing immediately once we arrived.

“Hi, Samantha. This is Anna, our co-star and one of our best friends. Anna, this is Samantha, our possible other future co-star”, Will said a happy tone.

“It's nice to meet you”, I said, shaking her hand as she shook mine.

“Nice to meet you, too, Samantha”, she said politely, flashing me a dazzling smile.

“Please, just call me Sam. I hate Samantha”, I replied.

“Sure, Sam”, she said with the same smile.

Skandar didn't speak, but stood, watching us.

“Oh, um, let's sit first before we start”, Will said almost forgetting.

We sat once again, Will helping Anna into her seat as Skandar did the same to me.

“I don't mean to be straightforward, but why did you invite us all here?” I asked suddenly. Will smiled brightly.

“Because I want all of us to get to know each other even if we don't end up working with you. Oh, um, Georgie couldn't make it, by the way. She had a class to study for and her mum said she couldn't leave London”, he explained.

“It's understandable”, I said in a slightly disappointed tone.

“Let's order”, Skandar said suddenly.

Will shot him a look, but flashed me a smile once I noticed it.

“Right, then”, he said, opening his menu as the rest of us did the same.



Some laughs and stories later, we were into dessert which was chocolate cake. (Yum!) Anna, Skandar, and Will knew the basic things about me like the fact that I was from Jacksonville, Florida and not L.A and that Joe Jonas is one of my best friends in Hollywood. They even knew that I'd met Daniel Radcliffe, which to me, was a shocker. But what really shocked me had to be Will's next comment.

“Yeah, we're huge fans of yours”, he admitted. My mouth stood ajar for a second before I spoke.

“R-really? I'm HUGE fans of you guys”, I replied, staring at the three of them, blushing like mad.

“Aww!” Anna gushed, laughing a little as her face, too turned red.

Again, Skandar didn't speak, but he turned away, a slight pink in his cheeks.

“I can't believe it. Sk-Skandar, are you blushing?” Will pointed out, jokingly.

“No. You're the one who's blushing”, he retorted, trying to keep a straight face as a smirk came onto it.

I laughed as did Anna. We looked at one another and I knew that we connected more on a friendship level like, she could also be another best friend of mine and for that, I smiled.



After dinner, the boys took Anna and I to a nearby beach and I laughed slightly as our heels click-clacked on the dock. I watched as Anna took her heels off, hesitating before deciding to keep on my own as the Will had taken off his jacket, giving it to Anna, while Skandar only unbuttoned his plaid shirt, revealing his white t-shirt.

I held in the gasp that was about to escape my mouth as I practically gaped at him.

“We'll be heading this way”, Will said with a smirk on his lips.

So it was a set-up! I will SO get him back!

“We're separating?” I asked in fake surprise.

“Yeah. We'll meet up with you two in... an hour maybe?” he asked, checking his phone.

“Sure. Just call, alright?” Skandar said with sarcasm.

Will nodded as he and Anna walked along the beach in the sand as Skandar and I walked along the dock. Silence fell over us once again as my heels made the only sound besides the waves of the ocean.

“They used to date each other-before the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe, you know?” he asked.

“Really?” I asked in shock and intrigue.

“Yeah, but they decided to be strictly friends. For some reason or another, things didn't work out, then when they found out they were going to work together, they definitely decided to stay just friends”, he explained.

I didn't speak, processing everything I'd learned so far. How could Will and Anna be friends and nothing more?

“I couldn't do it”, I began in a low tone, “I couldn't work with someone who I used to date unless things ended on mutual terms or good ones. I know it may sound stupid or immature of me to believe that, but in all honesty, I'd care too much. I'd probably think about all of the times we shared and every time I'd see them with someone else, I'd want that person to be me.”

I thought of Nick, Noel, and the other guys I've dated or had a brief fling with. Even though the only bad one was Nick, I got along with the others. His was just the most recent which was why it affected me so much.

“I couldn't do it, either”, he admitted, startling me at how soft his voice was. “I couldn't do it because I'd want that person back and no matter what they'd say, I would try my hardest to do it even if it would kill me.”

We looked at one another as we reached the end of the dock, resting our arms on the railing in a comfortable silence. I couldn't believe how we'd agreed on something so simple, yet it said so much.

“We should be friends. I could phone you from time to time and we could talk. Unfortunately, if our managers decide that it'd be best for us to film the parody movie together, then Georgie and I would be double-booked”, he said with honesty.

I gave him a confused look.

“We're supposed to film Voyage of the Dawn Treader this year and it'll come out next year. However, it's not supposed to take place until July or August of this year, so we have very limited time”, he explained.

I nodded in comprehension.

“It's like Will said. Regardless if we work together or not on the film, I still want to be friends with all of you”, I said in a shy tone, my cheeks burning for the second time tonight.

“I would, too”, Skandar agreed sheepishly.

I licked my lips, staring out at the dark ocean, a quiet sigh escaping my lips. A step or two sounded and I realized that Skandar was standing closer than he was before. We were literally side by side.

Somewhere I belong,
I will never know myself
until I do this on my own
and I will never feel anything
else until my wounds have healed.

I will never be anything until
I break away from me
I will break away
I'll find myself todaaay-


“Shit”, I mumbled as Mom flashed on my caller ID.

“What's wrong?” he asked, concerned now. I put a finger up signaling to wait a moment as I answered the phone.

“Hey, mom”, I said in a low tone.

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! IT'S ALREADY 11, SAMANTHA! YOU NEED TO COME HOME RIGHT NOW!” she yelled. I had to pull the phone away from my ear to keep it from hurting.

Wait, it was already 11?! When did that happened?! Did five and a half hours really pass that quickly in the time that I spent with them?

“OK, Mom, even though you never gave me a time to come home to begin with”, I retorted.

“Don't talk to me like that! Just GET the fuck home!” she yelled, a click sounding after she was done.

I sighed deeply, completely embarrassed. I was sure he heard her because even with the phone pulled a good four inches away, even I could hear her clearly.

“I-I have to go home. Mom says it's getting too late for me to stay out”, I explained sadly.

“I understand. If you don't mind me asking, why do you have a curfew anyway? Aren't you 18?” he asked curiously.

“I am, it's just”, I sighed feeling worse than ever, “it's hard to explain.”

He nodded and didn't press the subject further. He pulled out his phone and called Will.

“Will, Sam has to go home. Her mum wants her back”, he said. He was silent for a little bit before responding. “OK. Bye. Will wants us to meet him back at the car”, he explained.

“Alright”, I said.

We walked in silence once more as Skandar stared with a curious expression, but didn't say a word. OK... weird.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, to all of my readers, how do you think this story should go? Should it be a Nick Jonas love story or Skandar Keynes (Edmund from Chronicles of Narnia) story?

Please comment and subscribe.