‹ Prequel: Before the Fame
Status: Completed! :)

Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress

Plans for the Year

The car ride back was fun. We all cracked a joke or two here and there having nothing but fun. I dreaded the thought of having to go home realizing that both Anna and Will were older than me and that Skandar was only a year younger, but they all could stay out longer than I could. The thought only made me more depressed.

The car pulled up to my house and everyone fell silent.

“Well, goodnight, guys”, I said, an unexpected yawn escaping my lips quickly afterward.

They laughed a little.

“We're exhausted, too”, Will admitted, sliding over to give me a hug first, followed by Anna, but Skandar spoke up before anyone else could.

“I'll walk you to the door”, he said in a polite tone.

“You don't have to-”, I began, but he cut across me.

“I know I don't”, he replied, stepping out of the car before I could protest.

“Ugh! How does he do that?” I asked.

“Skandar is always a sneaky one, that's for sure”, Will said with a shrug.

The door on my side opened and there Skandar stood, a hand outstretched and a small smile on his lips.

“I'll text you guys later”, I said to Anna and Will.

“We'll text you, too!” Anna replied cheerfully.

I stepped out of the car with Skandar next to me, closing the door behind us as we began our quiet walk to my door. I tried to avoid looking at him, so I focused on my feet once again, making sure I didn't trip due to clumsiness.

“Did you have a good time tonight?” he asked, my heels click-clacking slowly as we slowed our pace.

“Of course I had a good time! Well, more like fantastic, but it would have been better if my mom wouldn't have ruined it”, I answered in a quiet tone.

“I concur, however, I'm glad you had a great time with us tonight”, he replied.

Our footsteps sounded as we continued to pace now less than a yard away, silence reigning again.

“So, did you have a good time?” I asked, looking at him and even bumping into him a little.

He laughed softly before slightly bumping into me, but stopped as his hand brushed against mine. I gasped quietly as a shock went through me.

“Ow. Must be static electricity”, he mumbled. I mumbled “mm-hmm” before he continued. “I had a wonderful time”, he admitted, allowing his hand to brush against mine again.

His hand was warm. I smiled a little, but it quickly turned into a frown as we finally made it to my porch.

“So, here we are”, he said, but stopped as he realized what he was saying.

“Yep”, I replied, bouncing a little on the tips of my toes.

He stared at me with an intrigued look.

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing. You're... an odd person is all”, he answered.

“Odd? Like in a good way or bad way?” I asked.

He didn't answer, but bent down and kissed my cheek, backing away as he walked back to the car. I watched him leave, but had my mouth stood ajar, not from shock of him kissing me, but from him not answering me and having the BALLS to just walk off. What the hell?!

I scoffed, then went through my purse, finding my keys, then unlocked the door and didn't bother looking back.

“You sure took long enough”, Mom said in her pajamas.

I walked past her as she continued sitting on the couch, watching me walk in shock.

“How was your date?” she asked in a snobbish tone. I turned to face her, my face completely void of emotion.

“It wasn't a date”, I replied before heading up the stairs.



I laid in bed staring at the top of my canopy bed in my pajamas thinking about Skandar.

Why did he kiss me on the cheek yet not answer my question? If anything, he was the odd one.
I turned to lay on my right side as my phone beeped twice signaling I'd received two texts. The first was from Will while the other was from Skandar.

I'm sorry about Skandar. He's..complicated.

You're odd in a good way. Goodnight, Sam.

I decided to answer Will first.

I like complicated, but only if it's not more complex than I am.

Then, I texted Skandar.

If I'm odd in a good way, then you must be odd in a bad way by leaving me at the door. Goodnight to you, too, though. ;)

My phone beeped once more and then again half a second later.

Well, that could be a challenge to you since Skan is a mystery sometimes but he likes mysteries.

Are you calling me mysterious, William? was my response to that.

Apparently, I'm not that odd in a bad way since you responded back to me.

I scoffed, deciding to play hard to get with him.

Fine. I guess I shouldn't be so nice. Goodnight, Skandar.

My phone beeped after I sent Skandar's message indicating Will texted me back.

No, no, no! I didn't mean to call YOU a mystery. I just meant that you're intriguing to him, so he considers you a mystery! I'm sorry if I offended you.

I was just joking, Will! I'm sorry I worried you. Get some rest. I'm tired.

My phone beeped once more from Skandar.

No, no! Nice is lovely. I'm grateful that you're being kind towards me.

I decided to only answer him once as I felt my eyes drooping.

I'm tired, Skan. I'll text you tomorrow or something. Goodnight.

I exhaled, feeling the phone slip through my fingers as I fell asleep allowing the darkness to overcome me.



“Get out of the pool, Sam! It's Jeff!” Mom yelled as I was relaxing in the pool in my bathing suit.

I hopped out of the pool and ran through the back door sliding into one of the kitchen chairs seeing only the phone on the counter, a sigh escaping my mouth as I realized he was on speaker. She had to be nearby.

“What's up, Jeff?” I asked excitedly.

“Nothing much. I have the results of what you're going to be doing for the year”, he answered just as excited.

“Really?!” I squealed.

“Yep. Here goes; the managers and lawyers from Walden Media agreed to continue production with the parody or what if movie and that will start filming next month in May and will continue until May of next year. Oh yeah, you have to be in New Zealand by the end of the month”, he began.

I squealed, then composed myself as he continued.

“You have to record 2 songs, if not 3 and you have to perform them. One must be a duet, the other a pop/rock song and the last one of your choice”, he continued.

“Ugh”, I groaned.

“I know. Sometime around September or October, you have to perform that duet with someone like your ex or anyone else affiliated with Disney”, he said.

“Damn it!” I interjected.

“Yeah, yeah and last but not least, you'll finish the year by singing that third song at the Grammy Nominations in December”, he concluded.

That was a lot to swallow.

“So, when will be the photoshoots with the cast and everything?” I asked.

“Well, according to your mom and I's schedule, you'll have the photoshoot this month as well as like, a month before the filming ends. You'll have interviews constantly, maybe towards the end of filming as well. Also, you have a mandatory trip with the cast. Basically, since you'll be in New Zealand for a couple of weeks, you'll have the time to get used to your location and the environment considering you've never been there before”, Jeff explained.

I sighed, then thought everything over.

“Any questions?” he asked.

“How much do I have to pack?” I asked honestly.

“Erm, maybe two to three suitcases at the most”, he assumed.

“When do I leave?” I asked.

“Friday, after the Observe and Report premiere, which your dad might be at”, he answered quickly.

“Oh my gosh! I have to tell everyone!” I exclaimed.

Jeff laughed.

“Alright, kiddo. I'll be sending you a copy of your schedule for the year so you can put it all in your phone. Get packed and say hello to your cast mates for me”, he said, catching me off guard.

“What?” I asked in confusion.

“Aren't they there? I could have sworn Janet said that one of them was there”, he said in confusion.

“Th-they're here?” I asked, my breathing becoming rapid as I began to panic.

“Just calm down and put clothes on”, he instructed.

“OK. Thanks, Jeff”, I said, swallowing after I breathed calmer.

“No problem. Take care, Sam”, he concluded before hanging up the phone.

I grabbed my phone, heading upstairs where I picked out this and rushed back downstairs to see someone I hadn't expected. Skandar.

Maybe Skandar has something to do with my plans for the year, too.. Well, you know, besides him being my cast mate and all. Cast mate.. I like the sound of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 5! :)

So, what do you guys think? I think I'm going to push this story to be sort of like a Nick Jonas/ Skandar Keynes love triangle story. What do you think?

Please give me your opinions by commenting in the Comments section of this story.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.