‹ Prequel: Before the Fame
Status: Completed! :)

Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress

Outings

I gaped in shock at Skandar, scratching my head as my hair started curling up. I sighed as he smiled meekly at me.

“So, what are you doing here?” I asked nervously, twiddling my thumbs.

“I'm here to see you”, he said in an obvious tone.

“Oh, really? Why?” I asked. I was in a curious mood today, OK?

“Why does it matter?” he asked in a playful tone.

“Because you're here”, I said in as though it was obvious.

He bit his lip, trying to think of something to say.

“I wanted to ask you if you were going to the premiere of Observe and Report this Friday”, he answered, looking away from me.

I contained the scream that wanted to erupt from me only smiling at him.

“Yes, I am”, I replied, staring up at him. I loved that he was taller than me.

“That's good. Will and Anna went back to London today, so, it's just me here in the states”, he admitted, looking at everywhere else except me.

“So, do you wanna go as like, a date?” I asked, my cheeks burning furiously.

His head whipped in my direction as he stared at me with a blank expression.

“I-I mean, n-not a date-date, but just as friends, you know?” I stammered.

“I'd like that”, he replied with a smirk. “Do you want to go out today? I honestly have nothing to do and I know no one here, so..”, he said, trailing off.

“I'd love to”, I answered, relieving him of all nervousness.

“Great. Um, where should we go?” he asked.

“Anywhere”, I answered, walking to the door as I grabbed my keys off the rack near the door before yelling, “I'm going out, Mom!”

The cool thing was, I didn't even wait to hear her response.



Some hours later, we were in Starbucks getting ready to head back at my house after a long day of shopping and many goofy pictures. Surprisingly, we hadn't been discovered all day. I was eternally grateful...until one of the workers recognized us. It was a girl around 16 with her brunette hair in a high ponytail and she had stunning blue eyes which landed on me first, then Skandar.

“Y-you're Samantha Parker a-and you're Skandar Keynes from the Narnia movies!” she exclaimed quietly.

I plastered a fake smile to my lips as Skandar did the same, taking a sip out of his mocha latte. I, however, only had a bottle of juice, twisting the cap on as I licked my lips nervously.

“Yes, we are. But we're just friends, so could you please not spread any rumors around that we're more than that?” I asked in a polite tone.

“Sure, totally. Um, can I get an autograph and possibly a picture?” she asked.

“Sure”, I said sweetly as she pulled out a piece of paper and a pen.

“Your name, please?” I asked.

“Ashley”, she answered in a shy tone.

I quickly signed, then handed the paper to Skandar whom signed quickly. Ashley gave him a flirtatious smile, then gave me a scowl as she walked off. I frowned, then rolled my eyes looking back at Skandar as he watched her walk into the back of the building. Seriously?!!! He was here with me and-wait. What am I getting jealous for? It's not like he and I are dating or anything...

“What's with that face?” he asked suddenly, catching me off guard.

“Pssht. What face?” I asked as though I had no idea what he was talking about.

That face”, he replied, lightly tapping my nose. “It's as though you're upset at something.”

Was it really that obvious? Damn it.

“Nope. I'm fine”, I said standing up, grabbing my juice as I headed out of the door.

I knew I was over-reacting, but to be honest, I felt like I was moving too fast. Nick and I just broke up October last year and now I was liking Skandar? Ugh. I needed to slow down.

“Sam! Sam, wait up!” he called, running to catch up with me, but I didn't slow my pace.

I needed to think. I shouldn't be jumping into a relationship or even jumping into conclusions when I don't even know Skandar like that. I felt horrible.

“Why are you avoiding me?” he asked once he was next to me as we walked down a deserted street.
“Well, more like ignoring now”, he added.

I didn't speak until we found the car. I exhaled, it coming out in a shaky breath.

“I'm not ignoring you. I just.. I feel like if I get closer to you that I'm getting ahead of myself like I shouldn't think anything that I am right now”, I answered honestly, looking into his brown eyes.

He pursed his lips, then opened the car door for me, allowing me to get in first. I thanked him quietly as he got in himself.

“What do you mean? I'm sorry, but I'm confused”, he replied.

I sighed once more, biting my top lip before answering.

“I always admired you, your acting and personality. I-I don't know you personally and the fact that I might have feelings for you makes it worse. I don't want to jump into anything without knowing you and I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to test the waters or anything, but I just don't want to get ahead of myself”, I said slowly.

I tried to make sense of my own words, but to no avail. Skandar seemed to understand, though.

“What's bad about testing the waters? I understand how you feel, but I've admired you, too. I want to get to know you. I-I don't know if it's OK to feel this way, but I know that I'm certain about getting to know you, whether you like it or not, it doesn't matter. I want to know Samantha, the Samantha that Hollywood doesn't know”, he whispered, leaning in slowly.

“I don't know if I can do that”, I whispered back.

“Can you at least try? For me? I won't take you for granted, ever”, he said, his lips brushing against mine.

He pressed his lips against my own and I felt butterflies as I kissed back. Did I want to show him the Sam that Hollywood doesn't know? No, but was I willing to try? Absolutely.



“SAMANTHA ARIANNA PARKER! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!!” my mom yelled a few days later.

I was currently texting Skandar and even though we weren't official, we'd been kissing almost everyday and even held hands a few times. We went out a couple of times, but kept the PDA to a zero tolerance. ANY photo that got out had to seem like we were just friends.

I headed to my mom's room, seeing her laptop open to an article on JustJared.com. A couple of pictures were on the site. The first was of us in Starbucks, while the other was of Skandar opening the car door for me before he kissed me, but they didn't know about that. I read the article, my eyes widening slightly.

Samantha Parker and SKANDAR KEYNES?

We saw these lovely, yet odd actors out and about a few days ago at a local L.A. Starbucks with Keynes getting himself a latte, while the lovely Ms.Parker had herself a bottle of orange juice. We knew that she was over a certain Jonas Brother, but we had no idea that she was with this handsome, young actor. Is it just me or does she keep going after guys younger than her?

Well, it's only a matter of time before they come out to the public that they're together. We can only wait to see if they'll confirm or deny these rumors especially with the pictures. I can only hope Jonas doesn't decide to lash out at her considering the duo just sung a duet last year. Only time will tell. What do you guys think? Should Samantha be with Nick or Skandar?

Leave your comments below and don't forget to vote on our poll.


“Mom, I can explain-”, I began, but she cut across me.

“You're grounded”, she said in a cold tone. “For two weeks. You're only going to go to the premiere tonight and you'll catch your plane later on tonight. While you're in New Zealand, you're not to interact with that boy until the two weeks are over. If I find even one article online about you and anymore photos of the two of you together, I'll tell Jeff to remove you from the film. Is that clear?” she asked in a firm tone.

I opened my mouth to protest, but closed it, nodding slowly.

“You can go to the premiere, but you are not to go with him afterwards. You'd better call him now since your phone will be on restrictions starting tomorrow”, she concluded, brushing past me as I stood in shock.

I rushed back to my room, pulling out my phone, pressing 4 on my speed dial. Kat was 2, Joe 3, and Skandar was 4. I know that's a bit much, but hey, he's practically my new boyfriendguy friend.

“Hey, Sam!” he answered excitedly with that sexy accent.

“Hey, Skan. It's me”, I replied. My heart ached I didn't want to do this.

“Hi. Is something wrong? I can hear it in your voice”, he said in a concerned tone.

I ran a hand through my hair, pacing my room as my heart pumped louder and faster.

“I-I can't hang out with you in public anymore”, I said in a sad tone. “M-my mom-she saw a website and it had an article with some pictures of us on it and she threatened to tell my other co-manager to remove me from the contract if another article gets out about us hanging out and everything.”

“That is a problem”, was his response after a minute. We sat in silence for a moment before he spoke again.

“We'll just have to be more careful”, he said in a low tone. A smile crept onto my lips, but it left just as fast as it came.

“We can't do that, Skandar. My mom will find out, seriously!” I whispered harshly.

“I don't want to lose our friendship because of the media or because your mum is, no offense, but slightly off her rocker”, he replied in a caring tone.

“I know. You're too sweet, Skan”, I said in a quiet tone.

“No, I'm not. I just value my friends is all”, he replied.

I smiled.

“So, we're still on for the premiere tonight, right?” I asked a little cheerfully.

“Yes, we are”, he answered just as happily.

“Alright. I'll see you later, then”, I said, biting the inside of my lip.

“OK. Bye, Samantha”, he said softly, making my heart flutter.

“Bye”, I replied, hanging up the phone.

My phone beeped as soon as I got off, then two more times. I'd received 3 texts.

The first was from my dad, the second from Joe, and the other from Nick.

I read Dad's first.

Hey, kiddo! I think I've encountered that Keynes kid before, so you have my approval. :) Just be careful! Love you!

I smiled, then read Joe's.

Are you really seeing Skandar Keynes, Sam? Have fun at the premiere. :)

I knew Joe and Dad would support me no matter what, but what surprised and upset me had to be Nick's text.

Seeing Skandar Keynes, huh? Well, I wish you the best. Don't forget that we have a duet to record in a couple of months. Call me sometime.

What's the deal with this fucking duet? Wait, did he just say we have a duet to record? Oh, hell no.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 6! :)

I honestly don't know how often I'll update since I'm literally typing Chapter 14 right now or I will later on today, so this story has been guaranteed speedy updates. :)

Please, if you like the story, don't forget to comment and/or subscribe. Don't be a silent reader!