‹ Prequel: Before the Fame
Status: Completed! :)

Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress

Before the Storm

The next morning, which was only about hours later, I arrived in New Zealand wearing this. It was slightly cool outside since it was really early in the morning.

There were barely any paparazzi around as I walked to the airport from the plane. I was greeted, once I entered it, by Andrew Adamson.

“Hello, Samantha! It's good to see you again!” he said cheerfully, grabbing two of my suitcases.

“Thank you. It's good to see you again, too”, I replied, pulling the third one along as I carried my tote.

He took me to a black car, which I assumed to be the one that will carry us to the set. Once we reached the vehicle and climbed inside, we began talking.

He asked me what I liked being called if not Samantha and what interests I had so I could have something to do in my free time. He also told me how much the other actors usually goof off whenever they mess up on lines and everything, so I was grateful.

“So, today, we're just going to get you settled into a hotel which we'll all be staying in for a good five months or so and I'll give your lines so you can study them for rehearsal tomorrow. Is that alright?” he asked nervously, yet professionally.

“Absolutely”, I replied, flashing him a smile.

“Good”, he replied.



An hour later, we arrived at the Grandeur Hotel just as Andrew said we would. The bellboy carried my luggage onto the the cart, which I quietly thanked him for.

I took my sunglasses off, gasping in surprise at everyone I saw in the lobby; Will, Anna, Skandar, and even Tilda Swinton and Liam Neeson were there as well as little Georgie herself. I ran to everyone, my body going to Skandar first as he hugged me back, catching me when I jumped on him. Everyone laughed at us, but I knew it was a warm laugh.

“Hi, there”, he whispered in my ear.

“Hi”, I whispered back.

I straightened my composure and walked to Andrew, biting my lip nervously.

“Everyone, this is Samantha Parker. She'll be working with us on this “what if” movie which will not be known as a comedy parody, more like a dramatic parody. Please show her kindness and warmth that I know you all have”, he concluded.

There was a small applause as I was lightly pushed towards the others.

I gulped as I approached Liam first, shaking hands with him, my actions continuing until I reached Will. He and Anna hugged me at the same time, a laugh escaping the three of us.

“We're SO happy to see you again!” Anna gushed. “How have you been?”

“I've been”, I looked at Skandar who gave me a small smile, before finishing, “fantastic.”

“I want to meet her, too”, Georgie said, her blue eyes lighting up as she saw me.

“You're just as beautiful as they say you are”, she said in a shy tone. I blushed, hugging her gently.

“Thanks, so are you!” I exclaimed in a sweet tone.

“Let's go to our room now”, she said excitedly, linking arms with me.

“OK”, I laughed as Anna linked with my other arm, dragging me with Georgie towards the elevator.

“I'll see you later, alright, Skan?” I asked, flashing him a smile. He nodded, his face showing slight disappointment.

I felt bad leaving him, but I knew we could talk or hang out later. Is it bad that I wanted to kiss him when I was getting ready to leave? To me, I think not. To other people, yeah.



A few hours later, Anna, Georgie, and I were still talking about our lives. The girls asked about my life and how things have been since I got into the famous industry and I told them the truth. It sucks. They laughed as I did so, too. I'd been wanting to see Skandar, but I couldn't just blow them off like that. Besides, it's better to take the time now to get to know them instead of late into the filming process. That's just not how I was.

Memories consume like opening the wounds,
I'm picking me apart again.
You all assume I'm searching in the room,
unless I try to start again.

I don't want to be the one the battles always choose,
'cause inside I realized that I'm the one confused.

I don't know what's worth fighting for
or why I have to scream.
I don't know why I instigate and
say what I don't mean.

I don't know how I got this way,
I know it's not alright,
so I'm breeaaking the habit,
I'm breeaaking the haaabit tonight-


I somehow found my phone before it went to voicemail,saying “excuse me” to Anna and Georgie. They looked perplexed at first, but smiled, then nodded. I walked out of our hotel room door before speaking.

“What are you doing calling me? You know I'm not in the states anymore”, I said in a hushed whisper.

“Of course I know. Joe told me”, Nick replied. I could just imagine that damn smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes.

“Look, I don't have time for this. Just tell me why you called. I was with the cast, well, part of the cast just now”, I explained, my patience thinning.

“I just wanted to call you, Sam. Is that so bad? We haven't talked-”, he began, but I cut across him.

“We talked 6 days ago!” I whispered harshly.

“I know”, he said in a soft tone. “Look, I just wanted to say good luck during your filming and everything. I'm glad you moved on, but I wanted to tell you... I started on the song already and I-I think you should hear it”, he stammered.

Nick stammering? Nick never stammers unless he's nervous and being interviewed doesn't count. I bit my lip, thinking the matter over. I sighed, tapping my foot on the carpet as I slumped down to the floor.

“You have two minutes. Go”, I said.

“O-Ok”, he said in shock. I heard some rambling and within a few seconds, his velvety voice sounded as well as his guitar.

”I know this isn't what I wanted,
I never thought it'd come this far.
Just thinking back to where we started,
and how we lost all that we are.

We were young and times were easy,
I could see it's not the same.
I'm standing here, but you don't see me.
I'd give it all for that to change.

I don't want to lose her,
don't wanna let her go!

Standing out in the rain,
I need to know if it's over,
'cause I will leave you alone!

Flooded with all this pain,
knowing I'll never hold her,
like I did before the stooorm!”


My mouth stood open the entire time as I was in shock. I knew the perfect lyrics to the next verse and the rest of the song. It was as though it just came to me. I knew I wasn't crazy and that this was the first time I heard this song, but I just knew.

“G-grab a piece of paper”, I stammered.

I heard more shuffling, before he answered.

“Got it”, he said. I could imagine the smile on his face.

Whenever I had to write a duet and sing it with Nick and vice versa, we'd always immediately come up with the lyrics to the verses as though... our ideas matched perfectly. But music couldn't keep us together, especially not with Miley's tongue down his fucking throat.

I took a deep breath before singing.

With every strike of lightning,
comes a memory that lasts.
And not a word is left unspooken
as the thunder starts the crash!

Maybe I should giive uup!


“Then, we could start the chorus from there, you know? And I have part of the third verse in my head, too”, I rambled.

“Cool, because so do I”, he agreed.

“You sing yours first”, I said, completely ignoring that I was standing in a hotel hallway.

“OK, first is the chorus, then it'll start like this.

”I'm trying to keeep,
the light from going ouut!
And the clouds from rippin'
out my broken heart!”


I opened my mouth, singing the part I thought of.

”We always said the heart is not whole,
without the one who gets you through the stoorm!”


We began singing in unison over the phone, starting off low.

Standing out in the rain,
knowing that it's really over.
Please don't leave me alone.

I'm flooded with all this pain!
Knowing I'll never hold yaaa!
Like I did before the storm!

Like I did befoooore the storm.


I breathed a little heavily as I felt like crying. It was a mix of both of our emotions. Nick was sorry that he cheated on me and I was sad that things were the way they were between us.

“Wow”, he and Skandar said in unison.

I turned, seeing Skandar a few feet away.

“You sound beautiful”, he commented.

“Th-thanks”, I said nervously.

“Wh-who is that on the phone? Joe?” he assumed.

“No, it's-”, I began, but Nick cut across me.

“Th-that was awesome!” he exclaimed.

“It-it's Nick”, I got out.

Skandar's smile turned into an emotionless face. Nick used to do that, too, whenever he was jealous.

“I'm sorry. I'll head back to my room”, he said, leaving before I could protest.

I sighed, closing my eyes as my voice couldn't call him back.

“Sam, are you OK? That was a disappointed sigh”, Nick he pointed out.

That was the problem with me and Nick. He knew me better than anyone, even better than Joe. Sometimes I imagine if Nick and I would have gotten back together, but I know that probably would never have worked. I believe this song puts everything out on the table. I wasn't over Nick and he wasn't over me. There's no way we could be over one another talking about how we miss holding each other and how things were before! I just have to try harder to get over him.

“Yeah, Skandar showed up for some reason and he heard me sing.. I told him it was you on the phone and he just walked away”, I said in a sad tone.

“Sam Anne”, he called me, using his old nickname since I hated being called Samantha and he loved the name Anne, “go after him”, he said in a serious tone.

“Wh-what?” I asked in surprise.

“Go after him”, he repeated.

“Nick, we were in the middle of a song”, I protested.

“Samantha”, he began in a firm tone, “go after him. Don't worry about me. I can work things out on my own”, he said in an unconvincing tone.

“Nick, I-”, I began, holding back my tears. I didn't want this. I didn't want to constantly choose between Nick and Skandar. It didn't make sense.

“As much as I love you, I don't want you to go to him, but as much as I care about your happiness, I know you should go after him regardless of how I feel about things”, he said, his voice shaking.

This was hard for him just as it was for me.

“Thank you”, I said honestly, my voice shaking, too.

A click sounded just as a tear slid down my face. I ran off to go find Skandar.
♠ ♠ ♠
The songs that I do not own that were used in this chapter are Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park and of course, Before the Storm by the Jonas Brothers featuring Miley Cyrus.

In all honesty, do you guys think Sam should be with Nick or Skandar?

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.