Status: Active.

Don't You Worry About Me

Chapter 1

Sara’s P.O.V.

I loved coming to the Palm Woods. All the people there were so nice, and even if you happened to be a newbie, there was always someone ready and willing to help you find your way around. Not to mention the, and this is an understatement, sometimes amusing entertainment provided by the various elements. Needless to say, if you were on the property, you felt welcome and someone was entertaining you.

And it was certainly a nice break from the huge mansion my father and I shared. It was massive; eight bedrooms, four and a half bathrooms, and a huge music studio in the basement. All of that for two people seemed insane to me, but it had been my home my entire life, so I didn’t really question it too much.

There was always something going on at my house. Dad was either recording with someone, producing a song, or hosting a party where all the people from his label, Rocque Records, were rubbing elbows with each other. Yep, you heard me right. My father figure is Gustavo Rocque, the record producer known throughout the whole world. It’s not as amazing as it sounds, though, having such a famous dad.

I’ve always, and when I say this I literally mean it, dealt with the fear of wondering who my true friends are. Whenever I would meet someone I thought was nice, there was always one thing in the back of my mind: are they being nice to me because they want to be my friend, or because they want to be the friend of Gustavo Rocque’s daughter.

Even though Dad spoiled me, he could also be very strict about certain things. For example, I was currently enrolled in a private school, which I didn’t like all too well. The people there seemed extremely snooty, something I didn’t like at all. From what I had head, public school was much more laid back, and the students there were nicer, but I unfortunately had never, and probably would never, know that experience.

All new friends that I made had to meet my dad first. And when I wanted to do something with them, like go see a movie for example, a bodyguard was always there to watch us. It was really obnoxious, and I know he did it “for my safety”, but I didn’t think it was really necessary. No threats had ever been made against me or my father, so I thought it wasn’t unreasonable for me to want to hang out with my friends by myself.

I’m also not allowed to date. Not even go out with a group of friends that has a boy in it. I’ve never been out with anyone of the opposite sex to do anything whatsoever. I didn’t understand why my dad was so paranoid on this particular issue. I mean sure, it was normal for a father to be protective of his baby girl when her interest for boys started to blossom. But my dad took it way too far. He especially didn’t like me being around boys in the bands he produced, because according to him, I would “fall in love with a rock star, have my heart broken, and be forced to admit myself to mental rehab”. That comment always made me laugh when it was brought up.

I pulled some change out of my pocket and got some Sweet Tarts from the vending machine in the lobby. I adjusted the strap of by tote bag hanging on my shoulder and headed out to the pool.

Taking a seat in my favorite chair next to the lobby doors, I noticed that the temperature was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. The pool was packed, full of residents young and old carrying out their various antics. I spotted Camille on the opposite side of the pool, practicing her lines for yet another audition. The Jennifers were alone at a corner table, probably thinking of ways to make everyone else feel inferior to their “unstoppable talent and beauty”, as they put it. Jo was a few tables away from Camille, reading through a script for the newest episode of her show, New Town High.

After a few minutes of nothing really eventful, I heard a loud commotion coming from the lobby. Almost instantly, Kendall, James, Carlos, and Logan thundered outside and cannon-balled into the already full pool. I knew who they were because of the fact that they were in my dad’s newest band, Big Time Rush. Not that I’d ever be allowed to hang out with them, because they were off-limits due to their occupation and sex. But from what I gathered watching their interviews, and by word of mouth, they seemed like pretty nice guys.

That’s when I remembered what my dad had told me to do earlier.
I stood from the pool chair and casually walked over to one side of the pool. I pulled out the treatment for their next video before raising my voice to get their attention.

“Hey! Logan, Carlos, James, Kendall!” I shouted. All four of them turned around, but only Logan had the courtesy to get out of the pool. He grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist, wiping his hands dry before walking over to me.

“Sorry about that. Dad just wanted me to give you guys this, and he said be at the studio by noon,” I said, handing Logan the treatment for their music video. I couldn’t remember the last time I’d been this close to him, so I subconsciously started looking him over. He was a little taller than me, but that wasn’t really saying much. When you’re 5’2’’, everyone’s taller. Then I noticed his eyes. They were brown, and shining just a little because of the sun rays hitting them.

He shook his head. “Nah, don’t worry about it. The guys can be a little out there sometimes,” he said, turning back to the fool to see his band mates playing some sort of pool-hockey game. “You’re Sara, right? I think we all met you at that one party your dad hosted.”

I nodded. “Yep, that’s me,” I said, laughing for no reason. I pushed some hair out of my face and wondered what had been so funny.

Logan laughed back, which was what really confused.

“Alright, we’ll be there. Maybe we’ll see you there?” he asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. “Doubt it. Dad doesn’t really like me being around his bands.”

He got this really weird look on his face, sort of like he wanted to say, “Say what?” in a really high pitched voice. “That’s weird. Oh well, we’ll see you around the Palm Woods,” he said, a reassuring smile forming on his face.

I nodded in response, smiling myself. “You will. I’m here all the time.”

“Alright then. Now, if you’ll excuse me…CANNONBALL!!!” He proceeded to jump into the pool again, much to the dismay of the other swimmers.

I walked back to my pool chair laughing like a maniac. Logan seemed cool, and really nice. Why shouldn’t we be friends; why shouldn’t I be friends with all four guys?

All I knew was that I’d be having a conversation with my dad later.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story posted on Mibba, as well as my first BTR fan-fiction. Any and all feedback is welcome, and I love constructive criticism. I'm always looking to be a better writer :)