‹ Prequel: Mocking Bird

Walk Away I'm Okay

It's All Over, For You There's No More Hiding

I was walking down the hall of the hotel we had stopped in Montana, everyone was either asleep or out enjoying the town seeing it was around 7:00 at night here. I was restless and needed to walk around so I told CiCi who I was sharing a room with I was heading to walk around.
I turned the corner and fell to the floor from hitting someone.

"Oh my I'm so sorry." I said getting up while shaking my head. I froze seeing the blonde woman getting up.

"It's okay, really I shouldn't of been walking that close to the wall." she said before she looked up at me. My eyes widen.

"YOU." I hissed pointing at her. She blinked and looked me over.

"You sure do look like him alright." she whispered.

My eyes narrowed at her.

"Who are you, and why are you following me." I said

"Of course." she muttered quietly.

"Who. Are. You." I said glaring at her.

"I'm Samantha." she said quietly.

I froze and looked at her with wide eyes.

"I'm your mom." she finished

I blinked and heard my name being called from behind me.

"Jordan!" looking over my shoulder I see my dad making his way towards me. I could feel tears gathering in my eyes as I noticed all the things that where in front of my eyes.

Her eye shape, his eyes, her lips, his nose, her height, his hair. I blinked before looking back at her, she was biting her lip as she heard my dad coming down the hall.

"Jordan hey, how about...Samantha." he breathed out once he saw her.

"Hello Brian." she whispered wetting her lips before looking between the two of us, seeing the strong resemblance between us as well. A sad smile came across her face.

"I'm sorry." she chocked out before she turned around and walked off. Both my dad and I were to shocked to go after her.

"Dad." I said after a minute.

"Yeah sweetie." he said gently placing his hand on my shoulder and pulling me into his hold, my head landed on his shoulder as my hand held his jacket.

"She was standing right in front of me." I whispered.

"I know sweetheart." he said as he placed a kiss to my forehead and held me tighter. "I know."

time skip

My dad had to walk me back to my room and made sure I was in bed before he left pulling out his cellphone and dialing a number. CiCi had came over to my bed and sat next to me leaning against the head board.

"What's wrong JoJo?" she asked running her hand threw my hair.

"I saw her CiCi." I whispered.

"Saw who Jo?" she asked softly.

"My mom." CiCi's hand stilled in my hair before beginning again.

"Where Jo?"

"Here in the hotel when I went on the walk." I said.

"Is that why your dad and you looked like you saw a ghost." she asked softly.

I nodded my head before closing my eyes.

"I don't know why but something was troubling her."

"Why do you say that?"

"She looked troubled."

"Oh, do you want me to get Leo?" she asked

I shook my head and closed my eyes.

"I'm just gonna go to bed." I whispered softly.

"Okay." she said before she got up and walked out the room. A couple of minutes passed before the door opened. The spot next to me sunk and a hand gently stroked my hair away from my face.

Opening my eyes I see Leo's bright blues staring back at me.

"Hey there." he whispered.

"Hey."

He laid down next to me. "CiCi said you saw your mom, was it." I nodded at his question.

He let out a sigh before laying his hand on my cheek.

"Don't worry about it Jordan." he said softly.

"How can I not, why did she just show up, why is she following us?" I asked quietly.

He shrugged as best as he could. "Who knows Jordan." he said.

I bite my lip before nodding. He leaned up and kissed my forehead.

"Rest." he whispered.

Brian's Point Of View

"No I don't know how she is here, you forget I had know idea where she was in the beginning Matt." I hissed into the phone.

"Calm down Syn, she can't do anything."

"How do you know she can't, Why would she show up now when everything just started working for Jordan huh?"I said as I leaned against the wall of the hotel's hallway to my room, I know it wasn't the best place for a phone call but right now I didn't care.

"I don't know man, I'm not her keeper."

I growled and gripped my head with my other hand closing my eyes tightly as I thought how helpless Jordan looked when Samantha was a foot in front of her, she looked afraid, confused, and hurt.

"I don't want anything to happen to her." I whispered to one of my best friends. He had to leave earlier for some thing back in Huntington.

"Don't worry Brian nothing will happen to our little Gates." he said I could tell he had no idea what was about to happen. In fact I had millions of ideas running through my head but I was trying to ignore the pain that was dwelling in the back of my mind, and it started with an S and ended with an A.

"She's not gonna take her from me." I whispered to him. I could feel the pricks behind my eyes as I fought with the tears building up behind my eyes.

"We won't let that happen man, we won't."

I closed my eyes and let out a loud sigh before looking back at where my daughter laid in her hotel bed, confused and probably worried about what was about to happen.

'She won't take you from us, she can't.' I thought.

Unknown Point Of View

I quickly grabbed my bag from underneath my bed and started packing the clothes I had placed in the drawers back into the bag.

"I'm so stupid." I whispered brushing back my blond hair that feel in front of my face. I let out a sigh and looked over at the picture I had sat on the nightstand.

A little baby laid in a soft yellow blanket with their eyes closed behind the glass surface. My hands shook as I picked it up and ran my finger over the little face, that I saw not to long ago but in it's full grown beauty.

"My little girl." I whispered as a sob caught in my throat.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Sorry for the late late late update, congrats to those who guess who the blond woman was, but why is she there???? Questions that only I know why..... actually nah never mind lol

thanks for the comments, and subscribers