Status: Complete.

Brave This Storm

Can't Get Jealous.

It was past 3pm when Paul finally left Sam’s house, about the time that Mariana would pick Donovan up from Pre-K, so he headed straight over to the school. Sure enough, just as he arrived, Mariana and Donovan walked out of the main gates, smiling at each other. Paul smiled and jogged over to them, chuckling softly at the surprise in Mariana’s eyes.

“Hey guys,” Paul said cheerfully, ruffling Donovan’s hair before pressing a quick kiss to Mariana’s lips and making her blush, “mind if I walk you home?”

“I don’t mind. What about you, Donny?” Mariana smiled.

“Only if you give me a piggy back,” Donovan said innocently.

Paul laughed and nodded, crouching down so Donovan could climb on his back (with some help from Mariana, of course). When Donovan was holding on tightly, and Paul had one hand linked with Mariana’s, the three of them started walking back to Amelia’s house. Mariana tried to avoid the stares from people as they walked past, knowing that they were only looking because of Paul. He was well known on the Reservation for his…past, so for him to have been by Mariana’s side for so long confused them. Paul noticed as well, but he didn’t say anything, knowing that if Mariana had a problem with it she would speak her mind – one of the many things he liked about her.

They got back to Amelia’s house about half an hour later, having taken a short detour because Donovan had spotted a butterfly and wanted to follow it (bless him). Mariana saw that Paul looked nervous about something, so she decided to make it easier on him.

“Donny, go and clean your room before your snack. You left your toys out last night,” Mariana told her son.

“But mommy! I want to play with Paul!” Donovan whined.

“Don’t push me young man, do as you’re told. Paul will still be here when you’re done,”

“Will you?” Donovan asked Paul, pouting slightly.

Paul couldn’t help but laugh, nodding his head. “Yeah, I will be,”

“Okay mommy,” Donovan grinned, running upstairs.

“Clean it properly! No hiding things under your bed!” Mariana called after the 4 year old, knowing that’s exactly what he would do.

Paul smiled at Mariana, liking how she wasn’t afraid to discipline her son in front of him. But then he remembered what he came over to do, and immediately became nervous again. Mariana noticed his change in mood, and took his hands in hers, smiling up at him.

“I can tell you have something to say, so…say it,” Mariana encouraged.

Paul smiled weakly, but nodded.

“So I, uh, I want to talk to you about something,” Paul said, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

Mariana frowned slightly at his actions, but nodded, paying him her full attention. She could tell whatever this was, it was important to Paul.

“I know I’ve only known you really for 3 of the 4 months you’ve been here, but I really like you, Ana. You’re so different from everything I’ve ever known and I can’t get enough of you. And the fact that you’re so amazing means that pretty soon guys from all over are going to try to make you theirs,”

“Did Jake say something to you?” Mariana interrupted.

“W-What?” Paul said, shocked as well as confused.

Jacob couldn’t possibly have gotten to her before him…

“He was talking to me yesterday about you, and said something very similar to ‘pretty soon guys from all over are going to try to make you theirs’. I just assumed he’s given you a pep talk,” Mariana shrugged, her eyes dancing with amusement.

Mariana knew she was right when Paul flushed slightly.

“It was the whole group, actually,” Paul admitted.

Mariana giggled, rolling her eyes.

“You do know that I’m not interested in anyone off the reservation, right?” Mariana mused.

“Are you interested in anyone on the Reservation?” Paul asked hopefully. A bit too hopefully, because it made Mariana laugh.

“Maybe. I don’t know, he’s got a bit of a past with girls that aren’t like me,” Mariana shrugged.

“Oh really?” Paul smirked.

“Yeah, that Bella Swan chick really seems a bit drab,” Mariana said simply.

Paul froze instantly. Jacob. No…she couldn’t, right? If Mariana chose Jacob over him…he’d kill the bastard.

Mariana only lasted a few more seconds with a serious face before she burst out laughing.

“Shit, you should’ve seen your face,” she said between giggles.

Paul held back his growl and settled for wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her tight against his body.

“I would’ve killed that little runt if you were being serious,” Paul grumbled.

“I don’t doubt that. Jacob’s my closest friend here, that’s all and you know it,” Mariana grinned.

“Yeah…well…I don’t want anyone else even thinking about you,” Paul frowned.

“You can’t get jealous unless you do something about the way you feel,”

Paul bit his bottom lip, not liking how his nerves shot back into full strength. He didn’t know how to deal with how forward Mariana was being, at the same time as being completely and utterly mysterious. She was so confusing, but he wanted to figure her out. He wanted her.

“Will you be my girl, Ana?”

Now it was Mariana’s turn to bite her lip. She thought she’d never move on from Juan, especially not in the space of 4 months. Especially not to someone like Paul. But there was something about him, some kind of pull that just drew her in every time she tried to think logically. She wanted to be with someone who would care for her as much as Juan did. She wanted Paul.

“Yeah, I will,” Mariana nodded, smiling shyly.

The instant those words left her lips, Paul’s nervous smile spread into a huge grin. He didn’t know if it was the imprinting or not, but ecstasy shot through every vein, making him feel like he was buzzing.

“I’m going to make you the happiest woman alive, I promise,”

“I’ll hold you to that,” Mariana said softly, smiling up at him.

Paul couldn’t wait another second before cupping her face with his hands and pressing his lips firmly to hers, kissing her with everything he was worth. Mariana squeaked in surprise, but that didn’t stop her from kissing back with just as much enthusiasm, blushing lightly as his hands trailed down to her hips, squeezing gently. She took a big risk by saying yes to Paul, she knew that. Mariana only hoped it would be worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY!
They're together!
I was kinda tempted to have her say no, but that didn't run well with the ideas I have for what happens in the future of this story lol.

Holy shit, 192 subscribers? That's madness! Thank you so much! Please give me your feedback so I can thank you each individually =] Thank you to everyone that commented on the last chapter!

choirgirlx3
richfan19
Kristalynnxx
Katherine-Kat
Bella.Rider
Black Star

xo