Status: Complete.

Brave This Storm

Epilogue

“Happy anniversary, baby,”

Mariana smiled up at her husband Paul, and pecked his lips lightly.

“I can’t believe that it’s already been 4 years since we got married!”

“Who would’ve thought it?” Paul mused.

“I still remember every single detail. The wedding on the beach, the beautiful cake, dancing with Jacob as your best man, walking down the aisle and seeing you in the beautiful grey tux…” Mariana sighed happily.

“And don’t forget the honeymoon to Miami, where you wore…ooh, nothing for a week,” Paul grinned, wriggling his eyebrows.

“You pig,” Mariana gasped, batting his arm playfully.

Paul just chuckled and pressed a slow kiss to her lips.

“I’ll never forget how beautiful you looked when I saw you walking towards me. That simple but elegant white dress, your hair straight with a flower pinned at the side, and your smile bigger than I’d ever seen you smile before. Right then I knew that this was the best day of my life,” Paul said softly.

Mariana blushed deeply and rested her head against Paul’s collarbone, Paul just sliding his arms around her waist.

“It was the best day of my life too. And to think I’ll be Kim’s bridesmaid like she, Emily and Leah were for me, when Kim marries Jared next month,” Mariana smiled, lifting her head.

“Don’t tell Kim, but Jared just bought the house opposite ours for them to live in after they get back from Fiji,” Paul murmured.

Mariana squealed and clapped her hands together, making Paul laugh. The house that Paul’s mother had bought for them (with the money Paul’s grandparents had left behind in their wills to use when Paul ever got married) was right at the edge of the Reservation, a little way away from everyone else’s other than the 5 other houses that were on the small street. And now that Kim and Jared were moving opposite? Mariana finally would be able to chill out with her friends without having to travel far.

“I don’t know why you’re so excited, babe. You already have Kim working for you along with Leah at your accountancy firm,” Paul mused.

“Yeah, well, it’ll be nice for the evenings, so ssh,” Mariana retorted with a smile.

That’s right, Mariana now owned her own accountancy firm. It was located just outside Seattle, meaning that Mariana had to drive a little way to work, but Leah and Kim rode with her in the mornings so at least she had some company. Working with her friends, along with two other women that Mariana had known well in night-classes for accountancy back in Compton, meant that she had a lot of flexibility despite having to work long hours. It also meant that she brought in the most money for the house, but Paul didn’t mind so much. The odd jobs he did around the Reservation allowed him to spend much more time home with…

“MOMMY! DADDY! DONNY TOOK MY DOLLY AGAIN!”

Mariana laughed softly and stepped out of Paul’s arms. Soon after they had gotten back from their honeymoon, Mariana had found out she was pregnant again. 9 months down the line, Mariana gave birth to a beautiful little girl, who they’d named Eloise in honour of Big El, Juan’s father. Yes, Mariana had gotten back in contact with Big El, and she made sure to visit him once every Christmas and once every summer. He had taken her under his wing when she had nowhere to go, after all. Eloise was now just over 3 years old, and Donovan was 9 years old. The age gap sometimes was a little difficult, but overall the half-siblings adored each other, which was all that Mariana and Paul could hope for.

“I’d better go make sure Donovan doesn’t make Eloise cry,” Mariana sighed.

“No, I’ll go. You stay here and relax,” Paul replied, shaking his head.

“Are you sure?” Mariana frowned.

“Yes, I’m sure. It’s our anniversary and you deserve some rest,” Paul smiled.

“I swear if the guys knew how much of a sweetheart you are, you’d never live it down,” Mariana groaned.

Paul growled playfully and stole another kiss, bending Mariana backwards lightly before standing upright again. He laughed softly at her flushed cheeks, only making her blush a little more.

“I love you, Mariana,” he murmured.

Mariana couldn’t stop the wide smile that spread over her lips. Every time he said those words, she still felt butterflies inside.

“And I love you,” she murmured back.

“MOMMY! DADDY!” Eloise cried out again.

“And that’s my cue,” Paul chuckled, “I’ll be back before you know it,”

Mariana just nodded, pecking Paul’s lips once more before he left the room and jogged upstairs. If someone had told her 5 years ago that she would lose Juan, move to the Reservation, fall in love with a shapeshifter, lose Juan all over again, and then marry Paul and have his child, she would’ve told them they were crazy and needed help. Now, she couldn’t imagine her life any other way. With Paul, she felt loved and cared for like she never had before. With Paul, she felt like she finally belonged. With Paul, life was perfect. And she knew that would never change.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eloise

THE END.

Thank you all so so much for your support - it's really meant the world to me!
I don't have use off full internet right now so I can't do a list of everyone that's commented, but I just want you all to know that I appreciate and love your support nonetheless!
Thank you =]

xo