Status: Complete.

Brave This Storm

Horny Little Boys.

Paul was standing on the edge of the beach on a Saturday, waiting for his friends to arrive. Today they were all just going to chill out, maybe even having a barbecue later on in the evening. A perfect start to the weekend. By midday, only Jacob and Embry hadn’t arrived, but Sam assured everyone they would be coming soon. As well as some other people, but Paul wasn’t too worried about that.

But when Jacob showed up with the mystery girl who he’d imprinted on who had crossed in front of his car, Paul froze. No way. No freaking way did Jacob know her! He didn’t know where Embry was, but right now he didn’t care. Paul watched intently as the girl ran over to Jared, Quil, Seth and Leah, and gave them all a hug, giving him a perfect opportunity to pull Jacob aside.

“Who is she?” Paul demanded.

“Woah, calm down there, Parker,” Jacob chuckled.

“I’m serious. Who the fuck is she?” Paul repeated, his fists clenched.

Jacob frowned at Paul’s tone of voice, but his jaw dropped when Paul turned his head to look at Mariana. There was only one explanation for that intense stare and Jacob didn’t like it one bit.

“No freaking way – she’s the girl you imprinted on?!” Jacob hissed.

“Don’t use that word,” Paul winced.

“Don’t go near her,” Jacob retorted.

Paul raised an eyebrow at how defensive Jacob was, before smirking.

“Why? Are you sweet on her or something?”

“Mariana is one of the nicest girls I’ve ever met and I don’t want you fucking her around. She’s better than you,”

“Mariana huh? I like that name,” Paul said, wriggling his eyebrows.

“I mean it Paul. Stay away from her,” Jacob warned.

“Hmm. How about…no?” Paul smirked.

“She isn’t a game, Paul. Get that into your thick head,” Jacob growled.

“Let him go, Jake,”

Jacob froze at the sound of Sam’s voice, and slowly turned to face him. This could not be happening.

“Don’t tell me you’re actually letting him go after her?!” Jacob exasperated.

“I like the thought of him hurting Mariana as much as you do,” Sam said dryly.

“Wait, you know her too?” Paul said, shocked.

“She’s Amy Fisher’s granddaughter. The girl we all met on New Year’s Eve that you were too busy with those girls from Forks to meet,” Sam said disapprovingly, “we all know her,”

“Then you’ll be able to introduce me,” Paul grinned.

“Nuh uh. I’m am not introducing you,” Jacob said straight away.

“And neither am I. Do this yourself,” Sam said firmly.

Paul frowned as his friends walked away, not liking how they’d rather support a girl than support him, but shrugged it off. All he needed were a few smooth lines and the girl would be on her knees anyway. They always were.

Mariana was standing to the side of the group, watching Donovan play catch with Embry and Jacob with a smile. It still amazed her how quickly her son had bonded with Jacob’s friends, but she wasn’t going to stop his fun. Especially not when they actually seemed willing to indulge her son’s wishes. It was good for Donovan to have other people to interact with than just herself, Juan and Amelia, and she would never dream of tearing that away from him.

“You can kiss heaven goodbye, because it’s a sin to look that good,”

Mariana jumped a little, startled by the smooth voice interrupting her thoughts, and turned to look at the person with a grimace. A chat up line? Really? She almost snorted when she saw Paul, and knew immediately why he was talking to her. She was a new piece of ass that he hadn’t had yet. Mariana had to admit she was disappointed that he had to hit on her the first time they ever spoke, but she was going to enjoy knocking his ego down a little. Who doesn’t enjoy that?

“I don’t believe we’ve been introduced, dollface,” Paul said with a small smirk.

“No, we haven’t,” Mariana shrugged, glancing at him once before looking back at the group.

Paul hesitated for a second, not expecting that reaction. He’d never had that reaction before. Why was she so indifferent? Had she not seen his face and body?

“You’re Mariana, right?” he asked, still as confident as before.

“Yeah. And you’re Paul,”

“You’ve asked about me then?”

Mariana fought the urge to roll her eyes. Who did this guy think he was?

“When I saw a half-naked boy surrounded by scantily-dressed teenage girls on New Year's Eve, it was explained to me that you’re the Reservation player,” Mariana said with a small smile.

Paul gritted his teeth, his jaw muscles clenching. He knew exactly who had told her these things about him. But he wasn’t going to let them ruin his chances.

“Did the sun just come out, or was that a smile I saw?” Paul said smoothly.

Mariana groaned internally, shaking her head in amusement. This guy was relentless. As much as she thought he was attractive, his personality was grating on her. Mariana liked gentlemen who were quiet, sweet and caring, not players who wanted nothing more than sex. She had standards and she wasn’t dropping them for anyone or anything.

“Look, I don’t want to be a bitch, but I don't want anything to do with you on any higher than a platonic level,” Mariana said simply.

Paul looked confused.

“Nothing more than friends?” Mariana offered.

Again Paul gritted his teeth. What was this girl’s problem? He wasn’t going to give up yet!

“Why just be friends when we can be…”

“You see that little boy over there with Embry?” Mariana said, interrupting him as she pointed.

Paul looked where she was indicating, frowning when he saw Jacob and Embry playing catch with a small brunette boy. Who the hell was he and what did he have to do with anything?

“Uh…yeah?” Paul said, confused.

“That’s my son,”

“W-What?”

“You heard me,”

“But you’re…”

Paul trailed off, making Mariana raise an eyebrow.

“I’m what? Young? Hot? Have a banging body? Yeah, I know,”

Paul just stood still in shock

“But…”

“I had my son when I was 16. I have responsibilities set in my life that I would not give anything to throw away, Paul. I’m not ashamed of being a single mother so why are you so shocked?” Mariana said firmly.

She paused for effect, waiting to see if Paul would reply. He didn’t. He just looked like he was getting mad. Good – maybe she’d get her point across.

“I’ve known guys like you my whole life. They know they’re the shit, girls flock to them, and they play these girls like it’s some sort of game. I don’t play games, Paul. No offence, but there is nothing that makes you any different from any other arrogant guy that’s ever hit on me. I have no time or interest in horny little boys like you,” Mariana said simply.

And with that she walked over to Jacob, leaving Paul staring at her with his jaw dropped. Never had anyone turned him down like that. Never had he wanted to tear someone apart more. Never had he wanted anyone more.

“Hey, are you alright? What did he say to you?” Jacob asked Mariana worriedly.

Mariana looked over her shoulder, biting her lip guiltily when she saw Paul storm off the beach. Maybe she was too much of a bitch. She couldn’t help it – it just seemed to come naturally when she was talking to him. That had never happened before.

“I’m fine. Paul was hitting on me, but I told him where to stick it. I can stand up for myself, Jake,” Mariana said, playfully nudging his hip with hers.

“As long as he gets the message,” Jacob nodded.

Mariana giggled and opened her arms as Donovan ran towards her, scooping him up in a hug. Yes, this is what mattered most to her. Her son, no-one else. Especially not horny little boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
So they finally met!
And it wasn't the best first impression Paul could've given :/
Will he try again or give up?
And will Mariana ever give him a chance?

I've had a really great day today. Just thought I'd let you know =]
How have you guys' days been?

Thank you to everyone that commented! I really do appreciate your feedback and support, so keep it up!

Skyway_Avenue
Kristalynnxx
choirgirlx3
Erinnnn.xo
richfan19
webster4409
NihaoKrysta!

xo