Status: Complete

You've Got Me Love Drunk

Fourteen- call this a comback

- EMILY'S POV-

Stepping into the empty apartment I felt a sense of loneliness. I hadn’t been alone in weeks and I certainly didn’t like it. Unpacking my dirty clothing and putting them in the washing machine, I made my way upstairs to my room to unpack all of the clothes Hayley had brought with her. Right in the middle of unpacking her clothes into a set of drawers I had made space for for all her clothing, my phone rang.
“Hello?” I said, playing with the zip on my hoodie.
“Hey beautiful.” two words spoken by the one person who could put a smile on my face right now.
“Hey you, how’s it going?”
She sighed. “It’s been tough. The guys aren’t going to change their mind, they’ve made that known. Things got a bit… heated. I wish you were here. Anyway, that’s not why I called. I wanted to make sure you got home okay.”
“Yeah I’m fine, just unpacking and what not. Any idea of when you’ll be home?”
“I’m hoping to be back tomorrow morning at the latest. It’s not too long to wait.”
“It still feels like forever though.”
“Tell me about it. I’ll just be glad to have you home.”
“Same. I’m going to go and book my flight home now in case all the seats go. Take care of yourself.”
“I will. Have a safe flight home. I love you.”
“I love you too poppet.” She clicked off. Hearing her voice had made things much more manageable, but still made me miss her even more. If that was even possible.

Giving up with unpacking my stuff, I collapsed onto my bed. I was just drifting off to sleep when I smelt the sweet smell of flowers and candy floss. It was impossible- that was Hayley’s smell. Until I realised that I was coming from the pillow underneath my head. Grabbing it tighter, thoughts of the past few weeks drifted into my head. It was ridiculous to think that not a month ago I had been desperate to see Paramore live, just to get a glimpse of my hero. And now my hero was my girlfriend. It had pained me to take down the Paramore poster that had adorned my wall, but Hayley had said it creeped her out seeing herself on my wall. And besides, I had the real thing now.

The annoying sound of my phone ringing broke me out of my slumber. I checked the time: 8:00pm.
“Hello?” I said rather impatiently into my phone.
“Emily! I feel like I haven’t heard from you in years!”
“Oh hey, Michael. Can this wait, I’ve just got off a plane a few hours ago and I’m absolutely knackered.”
“Oh come on, were all out! Come and meet us. Please?” he was drunk, that much was obvious.
“Fine, I’ll meet you at the square in half an hour. But I’m not staying out for long!” and with that I clicked off. I wasn’t in the mood to make an effort so I changed my t-shirt for a vest and blouse and chucked a cardigan on over the top. Seeing as it was a nice night I decided to walk into town as opposed to driving. So grabbing my phone, wallet and house key I set off towards the drunken idiots that were my friends.

“Emily! It’s so good to see you!” I just about heard as Michael smothered me in a bear hug. He wasn’t out with many people, just Sarah, Lucy, Matt and Daniel, all of whom were in my History class.
“Yeah, we haven’t seen much of you since you bagged Hayley fucking Williams.” Lucy replied. Even though she said it in a joking manner everyone knew she was jealous, seeing as she was just as in love with Paramore as I was.
“Yeah nice one Em, she seems lovely.” That was Dan, the only guy I’d ever met who you could actually talk to about feelings and he’d sit and listen. He was pretty amazing.
“Right, let’s get drunk!” Michael shouted, punching the air with his fists. So we went into the nearest bar and ordered some drinks. I wasn’t a big drinker and I wasn’t a fan of getting drunk, so I didn’t intend to drink much that night. I could see Dan was thinking the same.
“I’m the one whose got to drive Michael home tonight.” He later explained to me, pointing to his diet coke.
“Emily come dance!” I heard Matt call. Not that there was any where to dance. The place we were in wasn’t designed to be was more for drinking than dancing, but Matt and Michael had still managed to move tables and chairs to create a sort- of dance floor. The bar manager didn’t seem to mind seeing as the place was pretty dead tonight.
“That’s more like it!” Michael shouted as I made my way across the floor with Lucy. Sarah and Dan decided to stay behind. I couldn’t dance. Whenever I tried it turned into some sort of awkward shuffle, but after a few drinks no one seemed to mind, least of all me.

“Guys, guys, I should be going. Hayley gets back tomorrow and I do not want to be hungover when she arrives.” I shouted over the music which Michael had made the bar manager turn up louder.
“No! You can’t go Emsy!” I heard him slur.
“Make sure he gets home okay, won’t you Dan?”
“Yeah I will, you take care of yourself Em.” I hugged the mall goodbye and then tried to pry Michael off, who was trying to stop me walking out the door.
The night air was cold, and I instantly regretted not bringing a hoodie or something warmer with me. I began walking back to the apartment, briskly so as avoid the cold for too long.
“Where are you going so fast?” I heard a voice call from the shadows. I didn’t intend to stop but something about that voice made me stop in my tracks. I knew that voice. “Oh come on Emily, tell me you didn’t forget me that easily?” a tall, broad- shouldered guy stepped out from the shadows. “You didn’t expect me to come all this way and not pay you a visit?”
“Look, just stay away from me. I don’t want any trouble.” I couldn’t help but back away from the intimidating figure in front of me. I’d had nightmares about this meeting.
“Trouble? Babe you brought the trouble the day you brought me into the head’s office. You really expected me to just walk away you ruined my life?”
Dave. He really was back.
♠ ♠ ♠
good afternoon you beautiful people :) or morning or evening depending on where you are xD

comment/ rate/ subscribe :)