Status: Complete

You've Got Me Love Drunk

Twenty One- Normality

-EMILY'S POV-

“How do you find the accused?” the judge asked as the main person from the jury stood up to announce not only Dave’s fate, but mine also.
“We find the accused,” my heart thudded in my chest, threatening to burst out of its cage. “GUILTY.” I looked up, disbelief colouring my face. My lawyer looked at me with a smug and accomplished look on his face. We’d done it. I was finally free.

“They found him guilty! We won!” I ran to Hayley, launching myself into her arms and being lifted high off the ground.
“I fucking knew it! I told you we’d get the result you deserved.” Hayley beamed, placing me firmly back on the ground. “What was his sentence?”
“A very long time.” My lawyer said, coming up behind us. “Emily didn’t stick around for that bit, she ran out of there to tell you the news.” He smiled at us. “Well I’ve got to go and take care of a few things, you know, paperwork and all that boring stuff. But you guys are free to go home now. I’m glad we got what we came here for. He finished with before walking away back into the courts.
“Come on you, let’s get you home.” Hayley said, taking my hand and leading me down to the car.

“So, what do we do now?” I asked, setting myself down in the sofa with a can of monster. Hayley came and sat down next to me.
“Erm. I don’t really know if I’m honest. I guess we sit here for a while, maybe go to a film later? Then I guess we start looking for a flat together, move in and then see where things go.”
“Wow, looks like you’ve got our life pretty much mapped out.” I smirked, making Hayley turn bright red. “Sounds perfect to me though.” I smiled, leaning over to kiss her on the cheek.
“So come on then, how does it feel to know that you now have nothing standing in the way of you leading your life?” she asked, swivelling around to face me.
“Erm, I’m not too sure actually. I’m pretty happy to just do normal things for once. Well, as normal as I can get with a rock star girlfriend in an award winning band.”
“Oh shut up. We can have a normal life together. Besides, the band is taking a bit of a break anyway. You know, with everything that’s happened.”
“Oh shit yeah, sorry Hayley, I forgot to ask about it. Well I didn’t, but I didn’t know what to say. Erm, do you want to talk about it?” I asked lamely.
“No its okay, it was nice having all this to help you with because it took my mind off my own problems. The band’s not splitting up so that’s good. Me, Jeremy and Taylor are continuing and we’re going to do a South American tour soon just to see what it’s like to tour without the other two. It won’t be the same, we know that, but we enjoy what we do and we’re not going to give up that easily. I guess we just see where it goes from here.”
“Bit like our relationship then?”
“Haha, yeah, just like that to be honest.” She laughed. “Looks like we’ll never be in for a calm life together will we.”
“Calm? I don’t think I know the meaning of the word. Still, we’ve got each other. And despite how corny it sounds I think that’s all we need right now.”
“Do you know what? I think you’re right. I love you, you know.”
“Yeah,” I smiled, gripping her hand in mine. “I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
and there we have it :) thank you to everyone who has subscribed and read this story and enjoyed it! i'll most probably do a sequel so keep your eyes pealed if you want to find out more and Emily and Hayley and where their journey leads them next!