Status: Complete

You've Got Me Love Drunk

Four- Sleep away this heart condition

-EMILY'S POV-

Unfortunately, it didn’t take us long to get backstage. I couldn’t stop sweating. It was hard enough keeping myself under control while I was next to Hayley, let alone the whole of Paramore.
“You look nervous.” Hayley had turned to me and gave me a puzzled look.
“Well, Paramore are my favourite band. And you’re kind of my hero. So yeah, I guess I am nervous.” I started laughing, but it was cut short by a pair of arms wrapping themselves around my shoulders.
“Don’t be nervous. Were pretty normal. And the guys won’t be up long, they’ll probably go back to the hotel to sleep, they’re pretty exhausted. Si it’ll just be you and Me.” she smiled. She gave amazing hugs. The second she let go of me I wanted to pull her back in. she was addictive.

She led the way towards backstage and pushed open the door. Josh was sat back strumming an acoustic guitar, Taylor and Zac were sat in the corner playing some sort of game and Jeremy was sat texting. They all looked up as soon as they heard the door squeak open.

“Guys, this is Emily. Emily, this is the guys.” I gave them a nervous smile as she stood there and smiled at them all. They all gave warming smiles back, Jeremy getting up and giving me a hug before sitting back down.
“Hey.” I just about got out before my throat fully constricted over. Hayley laughed at me and dragged me over to one of the sofas. It was incredible just how comfortable she could make you feel around her.
“So, you’ve got some explaining to do. First of all, how did you get to be a merch girl?” she asked, tilting her head to the side. I sighed.
“I did have a job working in a pub on the weekends. I was making some decent money and my parents were helping me pay for my degree. But then they cut me off and I had to get a job that paid more and gave me more hours so I could finish this year and get my degree.”
She scooted a bit closer and looked me straight in the eyes. “Why did they cut you off?” she asked in a sympathetic voice.
“I was going out with this guy called Dave. Everything was great at the start; my parents loved him and couldn’t be happier with my choice. But then he changed. He started hitting me. it was only every now and again to begin with but then it became a regular occurrence. I decided to eventually tell my parents but when I did they didn’t believe me. My dad confronted him and, of course, Dave denied it all. At that’s the end. They kicked me out, cut off my allowance and they haven’t spoken to me since.” I was trying so hard not to cry. I could see her looking at me out of the corner of my eye. Before I knew it she was pulling me into her arms and rocking me backwards and forwards.

“Erm, guys, were going to go to the tour bus and grab some sleep. We’ll see you in a bit Hayley. It was nice to meet you Emily.” He gave me a smile and left the room again. I didn’t realise I was crying until Hayley was wiping at my face with the sleeve of her hoodie.
“Don’t cry. Please don’t cry.” She was saying.
“Sorry, I’ve got the chance to meet my hero and all I’m doing is crying. Opportunity wasted.” I laughed in between my tears. “You’d better go, I’m sure the bus will want to head off soon.”
“Well, were actually staying at a hotel, we want to go around the city tomorrow before heading home. So maybe you could accompany us?” she smiled at me in a sort of hopeful way.
“Really? You want me to come with you?”
“I’d love for you to accompany us.”
“Then yeah, I’m all yours.” I laughed. I was laughing a lot today.
“Well good. Oh man look at the time! Its gone midnight. I’m sure you’ve got somewhere to be.”
“Not really. Just home.”
“Can we drive you there?”
“No it’s okay, my car’s in the car park. It’s only a ten minute drive.” I began to get up and grab my bag before Hayley pulled me back down.
“I don’t want you to leave. This is going to sound weird but I just feel so normal talking to you. It’s lovely.”
“Well, why don’t you come back to mine? You can sleep in my bed and I’ll sleep on the sofa.” I quickly added. Natalie would be at work, she was working at the pub I used to work at which is how we met. She usually worked until the early hours and slept through the day, if she could get to sleep.
“Really? I don’t want to intrude.” Before I could tell her she wouldn’t be intruding though she added “I’ll go grab some stuff.” And yanked me up by the hand and led me to the tour bus. So Hayley Williams was going to be sleeping in my bed. Did this mean we were friends? Well she had asked to hang out with me.

Once we got to the tour bus she quickly ran on and told the guys what was happening. I waited outside for fear of going all jelly legged and goofy at the sight of the band again. I was only just beginning to be comfortable around Hayley, surprisingly. It didn’t take her long. She came out with a shoulder bag dangling from her shoulder.
“All ready, let’s go!” she smiled at me and started skipping towards the car park. I couldn’t tell what had made her sudden mood change occur when I saw the can of monster in her hand. I wanted to steal some but didn’t know if we were on those kind of terms yet where I could ask to drink from her drink.

I led her to my car and put hers and mine bag on the back seats while she climbed into the passenger seat. As I was climbing into the driver’s seat I could see her rifling through my CD collection. She chose the Smith’s “The Queen Is Dead” and put it in the CD drive, quickly switching to track two- ‘Frankly Mr Shankly’. I started up the engine and reversed out of the space while Hayley sang along to the lyrics under her breath. I had acted really confident when I was talking to her earlier but now that she was in my car and it was just the two of us, I became even more nervous.
“You’ve got a good collection of CD’s here.” She said after swallowing a mouthful of energy drink.
“You sound surprised.” I laughed. I was just glad that she had broken the silence.
“Sorry, I didn’t mean to! It’s just, you have exactly the same music taste as me.”
“Well I’ve got a lot more CD’s at home so you can see whether my music taste really lives up to expectations.”

By the time ‘Bigmouth strikes again’ started playing I was pulling up into the driveway. I killed the ignition and the lights and grabbed our bags while Hayley was getting out.
“Do you live on your own?” she asked looking up at the windows which has no lights on.
“No, I live with my friend Natalie. But she works really late so I don’t usually see her.” I put the key in the front door and switched the hallway lights on.
“Do you want a drink or anything?” I asked Hayley as she closed the door behind her.
“No thank you, I’ve still got my monster.” She giggled as she held up the can. I went to the fridge and grabbed myself a can, popped the lid and took a long swig. I needed that energy buzz.
I led the way down the half to my bedroom, shoved our bags onto the chair and switched the TV on to Kerrang. Hayley made herself comfortable on my bed as I went to my wardrobe to hang my jacket up.
“Your house is lovely.” She smiled at me. I couldn’t help but smile back, she really was so polite.
“Thanks. It was originally Natalie’s but she offered me the spare room when she needed some help paying the bills. It was a win- win situation.” I went and sat next to Hayley, sipping my monster while watching Jimmy Eat World on Kerrang. Less than twelve hours ago I was fantasising what it would be like to talk to Hayley Williams. Now, I had cried in front of her, hugged her, and now she was sat on my bed. It was a surreal moment of bliss.
“I’m getting a bit sleepy.” She said after finishing her can of monster.
“I’m not surprised. You have been jumping about on a stage for the best part of two hours.” I laughed. I finished the rest of my can of drink and took hers to put in the bin.
“Erm, I’m going to go and put my pyjamas on so if you want to get ready in here and give me a shout when you’re ready.” I grabbed my pyjamas from one of my drawers and headed off to the bathroom. i looked down to see what pyjamas I had picked out only to find that I had picked out my slightly embarrassing Batman pyjamas. I sighed and begrudgingly pulled them on. I brushed my teeth and waited outside the door to my bedroom for the all clear I could come in.
“You can come in now.” I heard her call after five minutes of waiting. I pushed open the door to see her sat cross- legged on my bed with her toothbrush in her hand. She gave me a quick smile and headed off to the bathroom.

“Emily?” I felt a small hand slightly shake my shoulder. I must have fallen asleep. I laughed and quickly sat upright. I stood up and made my way over to my wardrobe and grabbed a spare blanket from the top shelf and went to the sofa.
“You can have the bed, it’s more comfortable.”
“No, I’m not stealing your bed. Let me have the sofa.”
“No, you’re the guest. I will gladly take the sofa.”
Hayley sighed. “Were not arguing about this. Please, let me have the sofa?” she gave me this puppy dog pouting look that was too hard not to give in to.
“Fine. But I’m really not happy about this.” I gave her the blanket and she made herself comfortable on the sofa, smiling victoriously. I climbed under the covers and turned off the TV, leaving the only light source in the room coming from my side lamp.
“Goodnight Emily.”
“Goodnight Hayley.” I heard her turn over and waited for the sound of her steady breathing before I turned the light off and went to sleep myself.