Status: Updating

The Hourglass

Family Ties

“Danny!” Ebony shouted as she walked through an all to familiar house. “Danny! Where are you?”

“Help me, Ebony. They hit me again..” She heard a voice finally reply.

“I’m coming, don’t worry!” She shouted as she walked into her old bedroom she once shared with her younger brother. “Danny, are in here?” Ebony asked as she creped over to the closet doors. She remembered whenever Danny was scared he would hide in the closet. Ebony slowly reached for the closet doorknob, almost as if she was scared to see what she’ll discover in there. Then she pulled the door open to only see a coffin. A small coffin, just the size as Danny was. Ebony went into shock and fell to her knees. She lifted the top of the coffin up and seen her little brother. “No.. Danny” she muttered as she began to cry. “Why, Ebony? Why did you let them do this to me? Why did you leave me behind?” The lifeless body spoke as it began to rise. The terror rose up in Ebony as she ran out of the room.
“Oh look! Our slut daughter is running away again!” Spoke their drunk mother who appeared from thin air right in front of her. Ebony ran the opposite direction only to run into her father. “Where, oh where do you think you’re going?” he said, but Ebony pushed him aside and made a b-line towards the door. When she opened it, there was Danny again. “You’re leaving me? Again?”
“Danny.. Come with me.” She said as she knelt down.
“No.. Stay with me.” He said

“Why? Don’t you want to get away from these people? Come with me, Danny.” Ebony said as she stood up and grabbed his hand.

“No… No NO NO NO NO!” screamed Danny, but not in his voice. It was a dark, deep, scary voice. Ebony let go of his hand and ran out of the house, into the pitch black nothingness, she took one step forward and fell into the abyss. She constantly put out her hands trying to grip onto something as she went further down, but nothing. No sound as she tried to scream, no light as she tried to see. Just darkness.

She woke up screaming. The sound of her scream woke up Ryan and Eventide.
The first one to run to her was Ryan, “Ebony, calm down, it’s alright now.” He said in a soothing tone.

“Ebony, are you okay?” Eventide said as he peeked his head through the door.

“What happen?” She finally spoke.

“Do you remember running into a snake? A snake named Enron?” asked Ryan as he handed her a glass of water.

“Yes, when I was in that forest. He bit me.”

“He infected you with his poison. You’ll get lost in your shame and guilt.”

“Am I going to die?” she asked as she took a sip of water.

“Only if you let the shame consume you.” Ryan spoke.