A Spark Of Inspiration

I am;

I am Max, Maxwell William Short. I am a thirty two year old author living in the empty town of Mill-A Washington. Population, no one cares to count. I've got friends and I've got enemies but we don't like to put a number on that either. I've published only one book being 246 pages paper back, 178 pages hard cover. It's only sold a couple hundred and it's safe to say for the last eight years, the years after my literary infamousy, I have been lost. I've been wandering in the dark wondering if this is really the best career for me. I sit at home all day and write short stories. Though what I call home isn't even exactly my home. It's a group home.

Tony is the youngest living here being twenty four. He's a substitute teacher at the small string of public schools of our county. The teenage girls love him, and he would say the same, but that would be pedophilia and he's tired of the jokes. Jeremy is twenty nine and living here with his girlfriend who is some where between twenty four and twenty eight. I've never cared enough to remember her age but I remember him saying he would never date a girl older than him, but also no younger than five years. They both work at the coffee shop a couple cities down the road. They're really cute and it makes me sick. Then of course there's me, but no one needs to be pointing out the obvious.

I am Max, Maxwell William Short. And I do not know what I am doing with my life.