Status: Gettin' there

Hey There, Delilah

So Wrong, It's Right

Matt's arms wrapped around my waist and I laughed, "Matt this is wrong."

"Only if it feels wrong," he says, nudging his nose against my neck, his breath steaming hot against my skin, "Does this feel wrong?"

I sigh, defeated, and knotted my fingers in his hair, "I guess not..."

"Exactly." He smiles down at me, all gorgeous and it makes my heart pound against my rib cage.

Matt leans down and kisses me, electricity thrumming through my veins as he whispers my name.

"Delilah." It's so soft, so sweet, I practically melt right there.

"Del." It's turned harsher, louder.

"Delilah!"


"Hm? What?" I raise my head from whatever it's laying on and immediately notice the kink in my neck. "Oh, ow...it feels like that time I fell asleep on my history textbook."

There's a snicker followed by, "It was you calc book this time." My head snaps toward the voice, my hair covering my eyes and I brush it aside, seeing Matt still laying next to me. "I guess my lesson was pretty boring."

My eyes widen and I spring off the bed toward my vanity, groaning when I notice the thing on my head I unfortunately call hair. I grab my comb and brush it vainly, the knots untangling almost instantly.

"And you got some drool on page ten," Matt adds behind me and I swear, my face turns every shade of red.

"That's so ducking embarrassing!" I exclaim, grabbing a tissue and wiping the page of all bodily fluids that could be on there.

At this point, Matt is clutching his sides to keep from laughing so hard.

I fight the urge to roll him off the bed. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

He looks at me, hazel eyes gleaming, and I look away, my dream flooding my mind. "You only dozed off for fifteen minutes, it's not a big deal. And it looked like you were enjoying your dream."

I can feel a blush decorate my cheeks and I try to forget Matt's lips on mine, the way his breath felt on my skin... "It was just me being a superhero. Cape, spandex, no big deal."

"Oh? Did you save me?"

I feign worry and shake my head, "The bad guy pushed you off the cliff and I was too busy getting drool on my textbook."

Matt smiles and pushes my shoulder playfully as I take my seat on the bed next to him again. "Meanie."

"Not as much as you, though."

"Oh?" He stares me down and I stare right back. Even though we're arguing, it's more playful and completely void of hate. "So you wanna have a staring contest, do you?"

"I will beat your monkey bananas you call a brain in a staring contest, Matt."

His eyes narrow and we lay like that, studying each other's eyes for at least half a minute before my eye starts to twitch. Obviously not wanting to risk losing, I pretend to take a deep breath, like this is taking so much of my concentration, and blow out directly in his eyes.

"Del!" He complains, rocking backwards trying to clear his vision and consequently falling off my twin-sized bed. His makes a satisfying thud on my carpet and I can't hold it in. I roll around my bed, gasping for breath from laughing so hard. "That." Gasp. "Was." Gasp. "So." Gasp. "Funny."

He somehow manages to grab my hand in my hysterical frenzy and pulls me down with him, a squeal falling off my lips. I land with a not-so-satisfying thud on his chest and he sputters for air, obviously having the wind knocked out of him.

"Karma's a biotch," I say, brushing my hair from my face.

My door decides to open at that exact moment and my mother walks in, seeing me with my best friend's boyfriend underneath me on my floor. Matt looks behind him at the sound and both of us stand up, rearranging our clothes and turning a deep red.

"I was, uh, just gonna ask if, um, Matt wanted to stay for dinner...?" My mom looks torn between utter hilarity and embarrassment.

Matt coughs, trying to break the tension in the room and nods, "That'd be very nice, thank you."

My mom slowly backs out of the room and I collapse on my bed, hands over my face. "I hate my life. Now my own mother thinks I'm fooling around with my best friend's boyfriend."

Matt laughs and I feel the bed sink as he lays down beside me, "Am I that bad of a guy to go behind your best friend's back for?"

I roll my eyes and turn my head to look at him, hazel eyes captivating me instantly and I suddenly forget the question. I instead, unwillingly, focus on the electricity jumping between our just touching arms and how neither of us look away from the other. My arms jerks toward his on its accord and the second our fingers brush, my head gets fuzzy.

"Umm..." I say, words a jumbled mix in my head. "Well -- I'd...Meghan would never...I would never do that to, uh, Meghan."

Matt doesn't say anything, but nods quietly and I reposition myself as far away from him as possible. How could being near him alone turn me inside out? How could this entire scenario be so blatantly wrong, but feel so alive, so right at the same time?
♠ ♠ ♠
Readers: 38
Subscriptions: 13
Comments: 3

Thank you so much guys! And no silent readers!...Please? :)