Status: Side Project of 89.4 Zombie Radio, and As the World Burns... Will update as much as possible.

Killing Never Changes

Feeding the Lion

I hated long flights like this. Nothing to do but stare at the seat in front of you and dream about stabbing the creep sitting next to you who keeps acting like he's not looking down your shirt. I had a lot on my mind as the stewardess gave me the option of chicken or beef. I was thinking of how sloppy that last job went. About how that kid, who was supposed to be at her nanny's, ended up dead. I didn't like having to kill kids. It was one of those aspects of the job that I couldn't stand, but it was a sad reality. Anyone who sees you at the seen of the kill has to die, regardless of their age. Those were the rules, and if I wanted to stay alive, I'd do well to follow them.

I politely declined the stewardess' offer for food, and continued my stare down of the seat before me. The creep in the adjoining seat had stopped looking at my chest, and was now focused on hacking something into his handkerchief. It was sort of a half cough, half vomit combination that made me cringe. Whatever he had, it didn't sound healthy, and I was now considering unbuttoning my shirt just a little bit more, as a courtesy to him before he died midway through the flight... Although doing that might cause him to have a heart attack, and I had already killed enough people tonight.

I wanted to sleep, but I knew doing so would be next to impossible on this flight. I knew the nightmares that would follow what I had just done. That was another thing I hated about the job, the nightmares. The night after a kill, I was usually haunted by the faces of the people I had killed. Over the years I had gotten used to it, but I often woke up with a weapon in one hand, trying to fend off the ghosts in my sleep. Falling asleep around strangers could be disastrous after a night like tonight. I didn't know what I was totally capable of doing in my sleep, but I knew finding out on an airplane full of people was something I wanted to avoid. I wasn't worried about accidentally drifting off though, the adrenaline was still flowing through my veins, and the thought of that little girl's face before I ran a blade through her chest was going to keep me awake for a long time.

When the flight touched down, and I made my way through customs and out of the airport, I was met by a man in dark sunglasses. It was never anyone I knew, but they all looked the same after a while. Same style sunglasses, same dark, pinstriped suits, same over gelled haircuts. I couldn't help but think the Lion needed to update his lackey's style just a little bit. A few minutes into the ride, and I noticed the driver had the same cough as the pervert sitting next to me on the flight. Normally I wouldn't talk to the hired help under any circumstances, but tonight, I was filled with an extra curiosity. If anything, it would take my mind off of that little girl's face for just a little while.

“So, I can't help but notice you're hacking up a lung over there,” I said.

“The Lion says I'm not supposed to talk to you,” the lackey replied.

“Ah, well I won't tell if you don't.”

“Well... Not sure exactly what it is... Started a few weeks ago. I'm just praying its not whatever this shit is I keep seeing on the news.”

“Shit on the news? You're going to have to enlighten me, I've been out of the country a few weeks.”

“I guess there's this... Epidemic is what they keep calling it. Its killed a lot of people so far. They didn't have anything about it where you were?”

“I don't watch TV... Epidemic huh? Do they know what's causing it?”

“No, they're totally clueless... That or they know and they're not telling anyone.”

“Thanks for the info.”

“You're very welcome Ms. Roy.”

“Its pronounced Raw, its a French name.”

“My apologies ma'am.”

“And please don't call me ma'am. I fucking hate that.”

“Sorry... So while we're talking, can I ask where you're coming back from?”

“Germany.”

“Germany? My grandparents are from there.”

“Really?... I honestly didn't care.”

“I... I... How was everything out there?”

“Look... I don't know you're name and I don't care to know it. I thank you for the info on this... Whatever the fuck it is, but now its time to be a good little henchman and shut the fuck up.”

The rest of the drive was spent in a sort of uncomfortable silence between the both of us. Poor kid, he just picked a bad night to try and talk to me. I sort of felt bad about it, but it was the type of thing I would never admit to someone else. When we pulled up to the strip club, I got out and hurried inside. I always hated the fact that after I got back, the first thing I got to do was see a bunch of naked bitches with daddy issues rubbing their asses all over a group of forty somethings on a business trip. I also hated the fact that by merely entering this place, it was assumed I was one of the girls taking their clothes off. It was usually a given that I'd get my ass grabbed once on the way to the basement, but this time, I managed to make it through the crowd of horny drunks without one trying to cop a feel. I guess miracles do happen sometimes.

I made my way down the basement stairs, and into the Lion's office. Most of his employees referred to it as the Lion's Den, but I found that to be completely corny, and therefore refused to call it that. It was just his office to me, and as usual, when I entered, the Lion was receiving his nightly blow job right when I walked in. I usually just thanked God he had a desk in front of him, but that didn't make it any less awkward or disgusting. The Lion was an old assassin who worked his way through the ranks. He was easily pushing sixty these days, and I wondered how he even got it up anymore.

“Alana! It is so good to see you! How did things go?” he asked, as he tapped the back of the girl's head as the signal to leave the room.

“It could've gone better. Had to kill a fucking kid,” I replied after the girl closed the door.

“Ah, these things are unfortunate. It is never good to murder a child Alana, but as we both know these things are part of the job,” the Lion replied in his thick, Russian accent.

“That thought never seems to make it easier. I'm just here to get paid and go home. I'm tired, and I had an asshole eye raping me on the flight back, so I'm a little on edge.”

“Ah yes! The money!” the Lion exclaimed as he pulled out a small briefcase and laid it on the desk in front of me. “It is all there, I assure you... I have another favor to ask of you Alana.”

“If you want me to suck your dick, I'm going to have to say no.”

“Ha! Alana! You always make me laugh! This is why you are my favorite. No, no, no, my dear. There are plenty of the whores outside to do these things for me.”

“Too much information... What do you need?”

“There is a young man. He is the son of a very wealthy business owner. This young man, he sees very bad things. Another man, a friend of mine, he can be hurt by these things he sees...”

“And so you need me to kill him. Sounds easy enough. When do you need it done by?”

“I need this done for me tomorrow.”

“Ah fuck. I just wanted one day off... Fuck it, I'll do it. This better be easy.”

“Alana! I love you! You are like a daughter to me! I promise you the pay will be worth your while. I will throw an extra bonus just for making you do this so soon for me.”

“Thank you Lion, and I'd say you're like a father to me, but I know you have five daughters already, and I thank God every day I'm not the sixth.”

“I knew you would do this for me Alana. The info on this man is in the briefcase. I have faith in you to get this done discreetly for me.”

“When have I ever let you down?”

“Never! This is why I ask you! We shall speak again when this is done. Until then, I must ask you to leave. The Viagra only lasts for so long, and the girl waiting outside must leave early tonight.”

“Again, too much information,” I replied as I grabbed the briefcase on the table and turned my back on the Lion.

“Alana! You are such a beautiful girl, with such beautiful features! One day I introduce you to my son! You will love him!” the Lion shouted before coughing like his lackey before him.

“Which one? The drug addict? Or the gay one? And you really should see a doctor about that cough. Something's going around these days,” I told him as I shut the door behind me so I could avoid the Lion's response. I made my way out of the strip club, and began the long walk home. I always hated walking down the streets of the city with a briefcase full of hundred dollar bills, but at the same time it had a certain charm to it. I was waiting for the day when some unsuspecting mugger tried his luck at robbing me. Its one of those things I often fantasized about to occupy my brain during the walk. Unfortunately, the streets seemed dead tonight, and it wasn't looking like tonight was going to be my night to live that dream.

When I got home, I opened up the briefcase and counted my money. Two hundred thousand, just like the Lion promised. Then I took the time to study my next target from the vanilla envelope tucked underneath of the money. Kellen Novak, age twenty. Son of Harold Novak, owner of Novak Enterprises. I knew the name Novak Enterprises, but I never knew what they did, and I still didn't care to know. Apparently, the kid watched a murder go down, and was a few days away from testifying. Shame I had to kill him, he wasn't bad looking at all, not my type, but definitely not unattractive. He left for school early in the morning, and I was determined to get this job done and over with before lunch hit. It had been a little while since I'd had my Taco Bell fix, and I was craving a fucking cheese quesadilla like crazy.

I finally got to sleep, after about an hour of staring at the clock. The dreams weren't as bad as I've had in the past, despite waking up with a hunting knife in my hands. I couldn't remember much of whatever I dreamed, which was a good thing in my mind. Now it was time to get ready for what I was going to do. I had to have all my tools ready to go. Which included hair and makeup. When your target is a guy, the easiest way to get close to him is through his cock. Men are pigs for the most part, and even the ones who aren't can't help but look. I wasn't in the business of fighting fair, I was in the business of killing people.

I decided to go with the short tartan skirt and the tied off white dress shirt. He was a young kid, and I was banking on him having a little bit of a catholic school girl fetish. Even if he didn't, I was showing enough to distract him long enough to put a knife in his throat. When you're not wearing much, its not easy to conceal weapons. I knew I couldn't take much with me, so I went with the usual combination for this attire. A few well placed throwing knives under the shirt, and the silenced pistol in the leg holster, cleverly hidden below the skirt. I was guessing I could get close enough to put the a knife through his neck. I always made personal goals for myself before every job, and for this one, I didn't want to waste a single bullet.

I left early, to try and catch him as he was coming out of his apartment. My goal was to seduce him just enough to get him somewhere alone, and then make my move. As he came out of his building, I followed him down the street and outside of a coffee shop that appeared as if it was closed. He pounded on the glass, trying to get someone to let him in, but it didn't appear to be doing him any good. I decided this was my chance, and I moved in.

“Aw! Are they closed? Their sign says they're open at seven,” I said, doing myself to sound innocent, ditsy, and at a disadvantage. They were three things most guys went crazy for.

“Yea! They're always open! I come here every day! Stupid fuckers... Guess I'll have to march my ass down to Starbucks or something,” Kellen replied.

“Mind if I tag along? I'm new in town, and I barely even know where I'm at right now.”

“Sure, I don't mind having a little company for the walk... I'm Kellen by the way.”

“Camilla,” I replied, lying about my name. As a rule, I never tell a target my actual name, just in case things go wrong on the job... Not that they ever have, its just my personal rule.

“Camilla, that's a beautiful name. Not sure if I've ever heard that one before.”

“Well, you have now.”

“So where are you from? Since you're not from around here.”

“Portland. I'm here visiting my brother who lives in the city.”

“Ah, okay... So... forgive me for asking this, but... Do you always wear this kind of clothing when you leave the house?”

“Ha! Well... I was in the city, and... Just sort of hoping I might meet a nice boy to take back home with me.”

“I see, well... If I wasn't going to school right now, I would gladly take you up on that offer Camilla.”

“Damn... Well... You don't exactly have to go home with me... Maybe we could skip the Starbucks... Go back to your place and...” I grabbed his belt, and I could tell the plan was going just as I had hoped. I had him right where I wanted him.

“I h-h-have a girlfriend,” he stuttered out.

“I'm only in town for another night, and I won't tell if you don't.”

“...Fuck it. Let's go,” he said, as we started to walk back to his apartment. I let him hold my hand along the way, and could tell he was starting to get anxious. It was exactly what I wanted. The hornier he was, the less he'd notice me about to slit his throat. We were just outside of the coffee shop, when I noticed a man across the street staring the both of us down. Come to think about it, he was the first person I had seen other than my target all day. It was strange for this part of town, which was normally bustling with some sort of activity. He started to make his way across the street, walking at first, and then turning into a full on sprint.

Kellen must have seen it too, and did the manly, heroic thing, stepping in front of our attacker and taking him head on. The attacker took Kellen to the ground with little resistance. Was he another assassin? If so, his technique definitely needed work. I stood back and watched, debating what my options were. I could help him, and fend off the attacker myself, which might scare my target off, I could just kill both of them right now, or I could sit back, and hope that the kid wasn't as big a pussy as he was appearing to be right now. I decided upon the third option, with a strong possibility I would have to kill both of them.

“Camilla! Run! Get out of here! Get help!” Kellen shouted from the ground as he did what he could to hold the attacker back. I wanted to laugh, but I knew doing so might not help my cause. Eventually the attacker won, and shoved Kellen's head into the ground. What happened next however, was when I knew something wasn't quite right. The attacker proceeded to bite a huge chunk out of Kellen's shoulder, and I decided it was time to step in and help the poor kid out. I kicked the attacker off of Kellen, and he took advantage, rolling over on top and wailing away with his fists.

The attacker wasn't giving up though, no matter how many punches Kellen seemed to land, it didn't seem to be enough to knock him out. Blood was flowing out of the attacker's mouth, and I was starting to get tired of watching this all go down. I walked over and landed a solid kick on the downed attacker's head, enough to snap his neck and sever the spinal cord from the rest of his body. It may have also caved his skull in just a little too, but I wasn't concerned about the details. I could tell by the his lack of motion that whatever I did, killed him. Afterwards, I looked around to see if anyone had seen what I just did, but the streets remained lifeless. Kellen got up off of the ground, holding his shoulder in agony.

“Fuck! Did you see that! He fucking bit me! I think I finally knocked him out though. He was a tough motherfucker!”

“You were great baby,” I said, in my seductive, turned on by the violence voice that I had perfected over time.

“Fuck... Did I kill him?”

“I don't know, but let's get back to your place before anyone sees us. Momma will make it feel all better.”

We walked down the street, and back to his apartment building. As we made our way inside, there was a man on the ground, covered in blood. Great, another thing to kill the mood. This job was not going nearly as smooth as I had wanted it too.

“Holy shit! What happened to that guy!?” Kellen shouted. I decided to just say fuck it, and drop the act. I wasn't getting him into his room at this point.

“Gee, I don't know, looks like a dead body to me,” I said with almost no enthusiasm.

“What the fuck is going on!? First that guy on the street, now this! This is so fucked up right now!”

“Well, its about to get even more fucked up,” I said as I circled behind him and pulled out one of the knives under my shirt. I stabbed him in the side of the neck, pulling the blade out the front. It was a nasty way to kill a man, but after a time or two, you get used to it. It was a quiet kill, and those were usually the best kind. I wiped the blood off of the knife using a chair in the corner of the lobby. I was in the middle of putting it back in the holster when I heard the scream. I slowly turned around, horrified at what I might find looking back at me.

There were three of them, all of them bleeding from the mouth, like they were fresh from a car crash. One girl, two guys, all of them probably somewhere in there mid thirties. Something wasn't right about any of this. What the fuck kind of job did the Lion send me on? This was going to require at least another forty thousand. They all started to charge at me, and I drew my gun, dropping them in three precise shots to the head. I had killed five people today, and I was only supposed to kill one. It was supposed to be easy, but of course with my luck, it usually wasn't. Now it was time to catch a cab and make my way back to that fucking strip club to get paid. The Lion better have my cash, and that bonus better be enough to take a vacation in Aruba for a solid year. I need a break from this.
♠ ♠ ♠
So! Chapter one of a new little side project I decided to write. If you've read 89.4 Zombie Radio, you'll know a lot about what's happening. If not, no biggie! You'll catch on soon. I decided to write this out of boredom, and want for something new. I love that zombie universe, and just wanted another story, with a new feel to it... Oh and plus I just love the idea of bad ass assassin girls killing zombies. Seriously, that is just awesome to me. Hope you enjoy it too. Comment me ya'll! Especially you've read the other stuff! Oh, and subscribe too... Oh! And buy me a panda, while we're on the subject of doing favors for me. One love ya'll! - Justin Hamm