How Did We Get Here?

How Did We Get Here?

"Hey." Abigail said, sitting on the island as she ate her cereal, greeting Dimitri. Dimitri simply nodded, before heading to the fridge too look for something to eat as well.

"You busy tonight?"

"Are you asking me out?" Dimitri asked, raising an eyebrow at the young girl.

"No." Abigail said with wide eyes. "It's just that there's gonna be a fair tonight and I wanted to see if you wanted to go with me."

"Just you?" He asked, cracking a few eggs onto the hot skillet.

"Well, Anthony and Dean could come." Abigail shrugged, really hoping he would say yes.

"I can't. I'm having a meeting tonight, and I don't know how long it'll be."

"Oh okay. I'll just go with the twins then." With that Abigail hopped off the island, placed her dishes in the dishwasher before walking away, trying to hide her disappointment.

***

"You asked Boss to come to the fair with you?" Anthony asked, dodging the large group of
younger teens that he almost walked into.

"Yeah, why?"

"It's because Boss never goes to fairs, at least not anymore." Dean replied, steering Abigail away from the drunks.

"Yeah, I got that. When we were younger we would always go together." Abigail sighed, remembering the good old days even when she and Dimitri would always talk with each other.

"I've heard from Valentine that before he took over the group, he just fell into place of the Mafia King, even though he was only around 18." Anthony informed the group, standing behind Abigail as she got into line of the largest rollercoaster of the park.

"Yeah well it's his lost." Abigail grinned, looking up at the twins. They grinned back, glancing at each other when Abigail turned to face the front. Abigail knew they were giving each other looks, knowing something she didn't know. Abigail was glad they were here, helping her momentarily forget about her husband.

***

"Ugh, I think I want to puke." Dean commented, stumbling into the mansion. They had been at the park for a good 5 hours. After eating, and playing games, going on rides, eating some more and then going on more rides, Dean's stomach couldn't handle it anymore and had already puked three times.

"Dude, not again." Anthony groaned, helping his younger brother.

"I told you not to eat all of those corndogs." Abigail mumbled, closing the door behind her. Abigail and Anthony glanced at each other when they heard a high pitched female giggle coming from the living room. Abigail nodded her head over to the stairs before the twins and her parted ways. Abigail's eyes widen when she saw Dimitri laughing with this blond bombshell, having the time of their lives.

"Having fun?" Abigail asked, walking passed them to get to the kitchen.

"Abigail, you're home early." Dimitri commented, smiling at the blond next to him.

"It's 10 pm Dimitri." Abigail dryly commented, grabbing a pop before snapping it open as she leaned against the island.

"I thought you had a meeting."

"We did. But it ended early, and Dimitri invited me to stay longer and relax." The older woman smiled, showing off white teeth. "I'm Amanda. I'm gonna be blunt here, I always pictured Dimitri's sister to look more like him."

"Amanda." Dimitri chuckled.

"That would make sense wouldn't it? That’s too bad since Dimitri doesn't have a sister. I'm Abigail." Abigail responded, silently fuming.

"She's my wife." Dimitri announced.

"Are you serious? I thought she would at least be a few years older." Amanda responded, totally ignoring Abigail now.

"It's not like it matters, we're not sleeping together. Are you staying the night Amanda?" Abigail asked in a sickly sweet voice.

"Yeah, I was planning on staying in the guest bedroom on the third floor if you guys didn't mind."

"It's fine, just sleep in our room, it's not like Dimitri wants me to be there anyways."

"Abigail-"

"We'll, I'll be off. If you guys planning on doing more then sleeping, make sure you keep it down."

"No problem." Amanda smiled, looking at Dimitri out of the corner of her eyes.

"I'll be right back." Dimitri announced, getting to his feet before grabbing Abigail by the arm and walking off.

"What was that?" Dimitri asked, looking down at her.

"What? I thought I’d be nice and let her get use to our bed. I mean, it's not like I'll be using it that much." Abigail told him, feigning innocence.

"Why would she be doing that? We're married."

"Really? Oh gee, I just thought I was living in your house cause you needed to look good. But then again, you do have Amanda." Abigail said her name with a high voice. "You won't be needing me anymore. Well, I am exhausted. Night!"

"Don't walk away from me." Dimitri hissed, grabbing her by the arm.

"Let go Dimitri." Abigail ordered, glaring up at him.

"Don't tell me what to do."

"Well, you are living in my house. I can do anything I want." He told her in a very deep voice, getting closer to her face. Abigail quickly shoved him away from her, before running up the stairs, fighting off the tears.

***

It's been one friggin week, and Amanda was still there. Every day, Abigail would wake up to her giggles, leaving her in a grumpier mood then she was the day before. For one week, Abigail and Dimitri had been fighting even more, especially over the little things. Not only that, but Amanda was having fun watching the couple fight. The rest of the group was uneasy, walking on their toes to make sure they didn't anger any of the two. They all knew that Dimitri would have them killed in a second, but it was Abigail's random fits that scared the shit out of them.

***

It was dinner time. Dimitri, Abigail and Amanda all sat at the dining table, quietly eating their meal. Well, Abigail was anyways. It's been 20 minutes, and already Abigail wished she could throw her steak knife at the older woman, or Dimitri, either one would make her quite happy.

"How about we go clubbing tonight? I would ask you to join Abigail, but you are underage, aren’t you?" Amanda asked, flashing a smile before returning her gaze at the male in the room.

"Not tonight Amanda, I'm want to stay in tonight."

"How about some fun then?"

"Amanda." He warned, glancing at her out of the corner of her eye.

"Yeah Dimitri, why don't you guys have some fun?" Abigail piped up. "I'm done, I’ll see you guys around." Abigail said as she pushed her plate away from her before standing up.

"Abigail, you've barley touch your food. Is it because you're on a diet?"

"No, it's because the sight of you two is repulsing." Abigail commented dryly.

"Abigail." Dimitri called out, walking after her as she walked into the foyer. "Abigail, you respond when I talk to you." Dimitri told her, catching her arm.

"Look Dimitri, I just want to go to bed. I don't feel like dealing with you right now." Abigail told him, trying to brush his arm off.

"What is that matter with you? You've been avoiding me fro the whole week. And when you aren’t avoiding me, you're trying to bite my head off. What got stuck up your ass and died?" Dimitri asked. Abigail's eye literally twitched before she exploded.

"You want to know what the fuck is wrong with me?! I'm you're fucking wife, and you bring some slut into our home and show her off like some stripper you won. Just because we are only married legally, does not mean you can do that! How would you feel if I did that, bringing some random guy here and having sex with him?! You are so blind sometimes. I don't get how you managed to run this whole mafia, yet you are so fucking blind, that you can't even see the things in front of you."

"That's it, you're jealous?" Dimitri said, crossing his arms over his chest with a raised eyebrow.

"YES, I AM FUCKING JEALOUS!" at Abigail's volume, everyone in the whole mansion stopped what they were doing, and began listening. It was so loud, that Dimitri had jump a little. " I AM JEALOUS BECAUSE YOU BRING HOME ALL OF THESE WOMEN, THESE SLUTS, AND YOU NEVER EVEN GIVE ME A SECOND GLANCE!! I'M TIRED OF BEING THE LITTLE GIRL THAT YOU SAVED AND BROUGHT UNDER YOUR WING. MY, WHAT A GUY! I'M TIRED OF YOU TREATING ME LIKE I JUST LIKE HERE, AND I'M NOT YOUR WIFE. YOU TREAT ME LIKE SOME STRANGER, LIKE WE DIDN'T HANG OUT WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER. YOU TREAT YOUR STRPPERS BETTER THEN YOU TREAT ME! YET YOU STILL WONDER WHATS WRONG WITH ME. HOW CAN YOU BE SO BLIND DIMITRI? I FUCKING LOVE YOU, BUT YOU DON'T EVEN SEE THAT!" Abigail by now had tears streaming down her face as she was huffing from her shout.

"Abigail-"

"DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME! I DON'T CARE ANYMORE! JUST FUCKING GO BACK TO YOUR SLUTS, AND EVERYONE WILL BE FUCKING HAPPY!" Abigail shouted. "I really don't care anymore. Just go marry someone else. I'm done. I can live on my own, I don't need your sympathy." Abigail ran out of the door, ignoring Dimitri's calls for her. Abigail kept running, ignoring the cold wind that began to freeze her tears. Abigail quickly ran down the street, ignoring Dimitri's calls for her. She hid behind a fence, waiting for Dimitri to run by before walking out. She took a separate route, just simply walking where her feet carried her.

'I can't believe I told him I love him. God, you are so stupid. What’s he gonna say when you get back? Stupid retard, I'm too good for you. blah blah blah this, blah blah blah that.' It wasn’t long before Abigail found herself at a playground. Abigail took a seat on one of the benches, bringing her knees up to her chest to try and find warmth. If only she had grabbed a jacket. Abigail continued to let her tears fall as she fell asleep in the cold.

***

"Sorry Boss." Anthony mumbled into the phone, hearing Dimitri's yell of anger.

"Where the fuck is she?! It's fucking 3 in the morning, and she's not back yet?! Keep fucking looking!" Dimitri didn’t even bother turning his phone off before whipping it at a wall. As soon as Dimitri had came back, he had sent Amanda home, and begun a rescue search on her. Dimitri knew that Abigail had not grabbed a jacket, leaving her in sweats and a t-shirt in minus 10 weather.

'Fuck Abigail.' Dimitri mumbled mentally, running his hands through his hair.

***

"Get away from me!" Abigail cried out, trying to push the man away from her, only to receive a slap in the face.

"Shut up bitch. Your aunt and uncle paid me good money to enjoy myself." The man smirk.

"What?"

"That's right. They paid me to rape you." He smirked, running his hands over her body.

"Let go! Stop! Please!" Abigail pleaded, hearing a zipper come undone, and knew it wasn't
hers since her pants were in shreds somewhere at the side.

"Please! Don't do this! I'll do anything! just stop!" The man let out a grunt as he entered the young girl, letting a scream rip through her mouth.

"Dimitri!" Somewhere in the back of Abigail's mind, she wondered why she was calling out an old friend’s name, seeing as they haven't seen each other for years.

"Dimitri!"

***

"Abigail! Wake up!" Dimitri let out a sigh of relief as he saw Abigail's eyes snap open, fear and confusion written all over them. Dimitri was slightly startled as fresh tears began running down her cheeks.

"Abigail, it's okay-"

"Don't touch me!" Abigail hoarsely cried out as loud as she could. "Get away from me." Abigail ordered.

"Abigail, I'm sorry but you-"

"I SAID GET AWAY FROM ME! I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE ANYMORE! GET THE FUCK OUT!" Abigail screamed, throwing a pillow at him. Dimitri clenched his fists, trying to keep his anger in check, before slamming the door shut behind him. Abigail let out a sigh as she laid back down on the bed, wiping her tears away. It was then she noticed that she was covered in a mountain of blankets, and the furnace in the room was on. A knock on the door was heard before Dean slipped in.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Dean gently asked, sitting on the chair that Dimitri was previously sitting on.

"Really warm." Abigail groaned, trying to push the blankets off of her. Dean simply chuckled before helping her, pulling a majority of the blankets off, as well as turning the furnace off.

"How did I get here?" Abigail asked, feeling better already.

"Boss sent everyone looking for you after he sent that girl home. We looked for about 12 hours before Valentine found you in the park. You were literally blue. You should've seen Boss. He was like flipping out, and getting practically everyone to get blankets, and for someone to go out and but that furnace thing. Luckily it was about 8, so some stores were open."

"How did it take you guys 12 hours?" Abigail asked, knowing she didn't hide that well.

"Well, Boss looked for you for about 2 hours before sending a bunch of us out. When we couldn't find you, he sent more people out. Abigail, you really should've seen Boss's face. I don't think he's ever looked more scared then he did when he saw you." Abigail simply shrugged, trying to shrug off the regret that was building up, as she just laid there and talked with Dean. Even though Dean was talking, the only thought that ran through Abigail’s mind was wondering how she and Dimitri had got into the position they were currently at.
♠ ♠ ♠
My third one shot ^.^ I know it's not that good, but I think it's pretty decent